Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help‼️‼️

Hi I’m 3 weeks post op, do you gain weight by drinking our eating in the day? The weight of the night is not the same as the morning‼️ Ben in the same weight 3 days I’m scared I don’t loose weight 😭😩

pain on left shoulder and ribs it that’s normal?

Relax…everything you are experiencing is completely normal.

your weight will fluctuate throughout the day, depending on Fluid intake, exercise, food intake, etc.

pain in the shoulders is pretty common shortly after wls due to the gasses pumped in. Three weeks post-op seems a little late, so pay attention to when it is happening. Shoulder pain was one of the first and most persistent signs when my gallbladder went kaput.

My gallbladder was remove when they did my bypass I’m crying because I don’t see weight loss looool 😂😂😂😂😤😤😤

happens to the vast majority of us. If you do a search on "the three week stall" on this site, you'll find something like 17,000 posts on it And no, I am NOT kidding.

just stick to your program and stay off your scale for a few days. It'll eventually break and you'll be on your way again...

Hi Garay, after my sleeve surgery I didn’t weigh for several weeks, and now, a year out I only weigh once a week. Back before I had surgery, whenever I was on a diet (many, many diets) I weighed daily, and my mood was dictated by the scale. I’m determined to get away from that mindset now.

Sorry, I’m rambling…..you’re doing fine!

Don't weigh yourself multiple times a day. Everyone gains weight during the day. Weigh once a week at the most.

Yes, you’re likely experiencing your first stall. Yes, you will have more. Perfectly normal. Just your body taking a break to get used to the changes.

You can easily weigh a couple of pounds more at the end of the day after eating & drinking versus first thing in the morning after not consuming anything over night. It takes time for all you’ve consumed to pass through your body. Weigh at the same or similar time wearing the same or no clothing to get the most accurate reading. I’m an after Breakfast, after I’ve been to the bathroom & in my underwear weigher.

Find the frequency of weighing yourself that works for you - though just not multiple times a day. I weighed every day while losing but now weigh about 5 times a week. That’s because I need to know I’m keeping to my plan & maintaining. In the past I wouldn’t weigh myself if I was suspicious I’d put on weight - if I couldn’t see that the scale had gone up I could convince myself I hadn’t put on weight even if my clothes were tight. I’m also more conscious of my own body’s fluctuations now too so I allow for slight daily & weekly variations (up to about 2lbs).