Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Broke through a months long stall. What worked and why.

Hello. It’s been a while since I posted here but I have been busy figuring out how to get past a months long stall and some sugar addiction. First, I found out that I have lipedema which is a connective tissue disorder. It’s an abnormal collection of fat that is no longer in it’s original spongy condition. It is literally scar tissue and adhesions under the skin that do not let go of fat easily. I have huge amounts of it on the lower body and some on my arms. The change that worked for me was specific exercises using a vibration plate on the fat deposits and other mechanisms that can be found on the internet. Second, I ended up switching to healthy Keto and that made a great difference in the movement of the scale. I’m down a few pounds now and I no longer have the sugar cravings. I also have gotten better about setting limits on other people monopolizing my time. I’m prioritizing myself and it is really starting to show. I’d be happy to share more if anyone is interested in the connection between stalled weight loss after Bariatric surgery and the condition known as lipedema. It’s not a broadly known condition but it is starting to get attention. I can share some of the resources that I have used in the past few months. To learn more, start here: https://lipedemaproject.org

That is very interesting! I'm glad you have found things that work for you. How did you figure out that you have the lipedema?

6 hours ago, Maribelle76 said:

That is very interesting! I'm glad you have found things that work for you. How did you figure out that you have the lipedema?

I was having a great deal of trouble losing weight from my arms and saddlebags. I started researching things and everything clicked. There are many videos on YouTube about it and I started reading about the different texture that skin has when there is lipedema under the surface. Im in the process of trying to obtain a pump to help rid my body of excess Fluid and break down scar tissue in my legs.

Hello. It’s been a while since I posted here but I have been busy figuring out how to get past a months long stall and some sugar addiction. First, I found out that I have lipedema which is a connective tissue disorder. It’s an abnormal collection of fat that is no longer in it’s original spongy condition. It is literally scar tissue and adhesions under the skin that do not let go of fat easily. I have huge amounts of it on the lower body and some on my arms. The change that worked for me was specific exercises using a vibration plate on the fat deposits and other mechanisms that can be found on the internet. Second, I ended up switching to healthy Keto and that made a great difference in the movement of the scale. I’m down a few pounds now and I no longer have the sugar cravings. I also have gotten better about setting limits on other people monopolizing my time. I’m prioritizing myself and it is really starting to show. I’d be happy to share more if anyone is interested in the connection between stalled weight loss after Bariatric surgery and the condition known as lipedema. It’s not a broadly known condition but it is starting to get attention. I can share some of the resources that I have used in the past few months. To learn more, start here: https://lipedemaproject.org

Very interesting thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G998U using BariatricPal mobile app

what does your healthy Keto consist of ?

5 hours ago, dal101 said:

what does your healthy Keto consist of ?

A typical day begins with coffee, 1 tsp of extra virgin coconut oil, 2 equal blended. I use the Premier Protein shakes because they are Keto friendly. I have nuts on hand, Macadamia, Brazil and pecans as a snack food. 4 oz of hard cheese are allowed each day. I use regular butter or vegan butter to make an egg or two, you are allowed bacon but I tend to break out from that type of fatty meat. You could dice ham into your eggs and green veggies. Peppers are also allowed. I use 1 oz of cheese in my eggs if I want. For lunch I make tuna, salmon or egg salad and eat it from the dish. I also eat salads with viangrette. I’ve had Cobb salad, spinach salad and portobello salads. I add extra hard boiled egg for more Protein and I enjoy the taste. I’ve eaten fish at dinner with green veggies. My favorite is Brussels sprouts and butter. You can use Quest bars or Cookies as a safe snack but try to limit them. I often have a second cup of coffee as made at Breakfast for the mid afternoon. So far my blood work came back immaculate. I like this plan because it helps me with my hyperinsulinema from my PCOS. I don’t spend the day constantly looking for sugar. If I do fall off, I start again at the next meal. It takes me four mealtimes to get the cravings out of my system again. If you have any questions. I can get you more information.

21 hours ago, perfektlynrml said:

A typical day begins with coffee, 1 tsp of extra virgin coconut oil, 2 equal blended. I use the Premier Protein shakes because they are Keto friendly. I have nuts on hand, Macadamia, Brazil and pecans as a snack food. 4 oz of hard cheese are allowed each day. I use regular butter or vegan butter to make an egg or two, you are allowed bacon but I tend to break out from that type of fatty meat. You could dice ham into your eggs and green veggies. Peppers are also allowed. I use 1 oz of cheese in my eggs if I want. For lunch I make tuna, salmon or egg salad and eat it from the dish. I also eat salads with viangrette. I’ve had Cobb salad, spinach salad and portobello salads. I add extra hard boiled egg for more Protein and I enjoy the taste. I’ve eaten fish at dinner with green veggies. My favorite is Brussels sprouts and butter. You can use Quest bars or Cookies as a safe snack but try to limit them. I often have a second cup of coffee as made at Breakfast for the mid afternoon. So far my blood work came back immaculate. I like this plan because it helps me with my hyperinsulinema from my PCOS. I don’t spend the day constantly looking for sugar. If I do fall off, I start again at the next meal. It takes me four mealtimes to get the cravings out of my system again. If you have any questions. I can get you more information.

Thank you for the detailed reply! I use to do lazy Keto, where I would replace carbs with meat, but the meat was processed.

I would one day like to try bulletproof coffee, it seems so delicious....

Do you count macros and calories ? I have PCOS too, my blood sugar is all over the place sometimes and causes cravings.