Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone lose 120+

It depends on a lot of factors like starting weight/bmi but to answer your question… yes it definitely can be done. I lost 145lbs in ten months with the sleeve. My starting BMI was 40, now at 24.7

Yes. I started at 286, now 140. I’ll be two years post op on 8/12 and am now in maintenance. 

Yep, exactly 120 lbs.

lost 110-ish lbs in 7 months then another 10-ish lbs in maintenance.

Started with BMi 43 (235 lbs) today I’m BMI 21 (115 lbs) I’ll be three yrs post op in October.

Edited by ms.sss

119 and in maintenance. Could've lost more if I wanted to.

Edited by bufbills

115 2 yrs in. Been at goal weight for one year and fluctuate 1 pound +/- every other day.

I'm 11 months out bypass. Down 123 and stuck until I can quit drinking my calories. I get so dehydrated! I still have 38 pounds to go to my goal weight. Unless I decide I need to lose more. I haven't been that weight in 25 years, so I think that's a good weight for me. Congrats on your weight loss!

-166 for me with VSG, now 15 months post op. It can be done if you stick with the program.

I was also told by my surgeon that people typically lose more weight after bypass surgery than with the sleeve. It seems that the difference must be in adherence to the program post surgery. Maybe people with the bypass are more likely to follow the program strictly because so many of them suffer when they stray and that discomfort doesn’t diminish much over time. Whereas those with the sleeve have to form good habits with less of a threat of immediate consequences. I know that was the case for me. I lost more than 120 pounds post VSG and then gained back 60 over the next few years. That’s when I realized that I had to go back to strict adherence to the program. The reduction in the volume of daily food from pre-surgery days was not enough to keep me from regaining. Healthy food choices mattered just as much. I am now below my target weight by quite a bit and need to put on some muscle to look and feel better.

I’ve lost almost 160, I’m coming up on my 10 months soon. Starting weight 339, current weight 180. I’m a 5’10 woman, 40 years old.