Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No problem with eating whatsoever, anyone?

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well.

My RNY was on the 12th of july so I'm 18 days out (or 2,5 weeks). I'm almost afraid to say it but everything has been going fine and I almost feel like a freak of nature reading these boards. I started eating purees after 10 days, as my program describes, and can easily eat a meal of 50gram fish/meat (1.7 ounces) + 30 gram mashed potatoes (1 ounce) + 50 gram apple sauce (also 1.7 ounces).

These are my nutritionist's guidelines, but it feels like I'm eating a lot compared to fellow 2-weekers. Is anyone else feeling okay after sugery without complaints and eating just fine??

Sent from my moto g(6) using BariatricPal mobile app

Everyone’s plan has different requirements & expectations. Everyone heals differently & our tummies have different tolerances (sensitivities). Some people take longer to get through the stages, others move through quickly. We’re all different so there’s no real right or wrong way to recover.

If things are going smoothly for you that’s wonderful. Some people do progress easily. People usually post because they wonder if what they’re experiencing is ok or should they seek help … which is really what you’ve sort of done too. 😉 This is all very new to everyone’s it makes sense they post to ask questions & reassurance.

Congratulations on your surgery.

Don't worry it's normal. Once you are on solid foods you will feel the restriction more. Also you're supposed to be able to eat what's on your plan. Lots of people like to brag about how little they can eat and it makes other people self-conscious.

I never had issues eating. And I was eating purees before I even left the hospital. I had no issues whatsoever, and my recovery was super easy. At first I was worried that the surgeon hadn't even done the surgery!

I've known many others who've had super easy recoveries and never had issues eating. I think you might feel like a freak because people typically don't post about it when they have easy recoveries like this. They're more likely to post when they're having issues since they're looking for advice or support. So I wouldn't worry about it - just be glad you've sailed through just fine!

I too am finding it WAY too easy to eat all things. I’m on soft food stage, and my meal plans involve tortilla and Pasta as a few examples, which is shocking because in so many post I read, post-op peeps aren’t even trying these foods for months or even a year+

I’m 3 weeks post, and have tested the waters a bit with foods, and have had no issues or intolerances, and honestly I’m a little bummed! I was kinda hoping for that sick feeling with foods that aren’t super healthy. I feel restriction and I stop, but I always feel like I could eat more (and really want to, but don’t) and I’m hungry a lot.

I wish I was one that was never Hungry and got sick looking at a pizza, but nope.