Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I thought I would upgrade my scale - got a Withings smart scale to be able to track my weight/muscle mass/water weight, etc. I hopped on my old scale first and then the new one right after (I only weigh once a week to avoid any mind games) - and the new one is 1.8 lbs higher than the old (on the same flooring and all). I know it’s not a true “gain”, but especially at this point, 1.8 lbs is a lot and it’s depressing to see in Baritastic app that my weight went up a little. I’m so close to my initial goal (which I am thinking of adjusting down another 10 lbs) so it’s really tough. I know, it’s a one time uptick but still, I haven’t had it go in the wrong direction. I’m trying to console myself with the fact that I lost another 4 inches overall from last month’s measurements, but I still hate seeing that gain in the app. I try to keep telling myself all the right things - your weight can fluctuate, it’s not a real gain, etc., but needed to vent and I have no one to vent to here, other than my puppies, and they don’t care, lol.

WOW! Your stats are amazing and congrats on being so close!! And I think I would feel the same way!!

I feel your pain. I got a new fancy scale a couple of months after surgery. The new scale weighs me 6 pounds heavier than my old scale! I then went around the house and grabbed things to weigh, 10 pounds of flour, rice, etc. The new scale was right.....dang it!

Can you calibrate the scale? Use something of known weight (like a 5lb of flour) and weigh it. Then either adjust your scale, or adjust your weight mentally.

My thought would be your old scale was out too. The old rotary type scales do become less accurate over time - dust, moisture, etc.

But if you weigh 1.8lbs more now you likely weighed 1.8lbs when you began so you’ve still lost the same amount of weight. That’s still a win in my books. 🙂

You’ve done fantastically - congrats.