Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In need of some encouraging words or advise. Im 8 months post op and have lost 116 pounds. I think I have hit a Plateau on my weight. And I’m feeling defeated and upset. My surgeon said I’m doing amazing and he’s proud. My Vitamin levels are good, diabetic free and no more high blood pressure. But I still feel lost. My goal weight is 140. It seems impossible at this point. I need 134 pounds to go. Sometimes I feel like I’m being to hard on myself. But some people lose so much more at 8 months.

8 minutes ago, mrsC1971 said:

In need of some encouraging words or advise. Im 8 months post op and have lost 116 pounds. I think I have hit a Plateau on my weight. And I’m feeling defeated and upset. My surgeon said I’m doing amazing and he’s proud. My Vitamin levels are good, diabetic free and no more high blood pressure. But I still feel lost. My goal weight is 140. It seems impossible at this point. I need 134 pounds to go. Sometimes I feel like I’m being to hard on myself. But some people lose so much more at 8 months.

And some people loose a lot less... it just takes them longer...but if you stick to it it will work!!! Excellent news re your health improvement and your lab results.

Well done you...stick at it!

( now I have to repeat this to myself.!!!!!@..guess for some it's a marathon rather than a sprint..but if we stick to it goals are always possible)

Hugs and best wishes

Do you have any non number victories? e.g can walk around places no longer getting winded, able to sit in a chair you werent able to before? you need to focus on those just as much if not more than the actual numbers. im only a month post op, for the first 3 weeks i lost nothing and then the 4th week i lost 6pounds, weight loss is not linear, keep doing what you are doing and sooner or later you will start losing weight again. in saying that congratz on losing 116! that is amazing in just 8 months!!!

Congrats on your success so far!! Don't forget to Celebrate how much you've already accomplished. I know it's hard to pat yourself on the back when you feel you're so far from your goal, but try to give yourself a thank you - whether it's a new outfit, getting a friend to give you a mani-pedi, or just a new haircut, celebrate the milestones along the way.

You'll get there!

Wow! You have lost 116 lbs and improved your overall health dramatically! Think about all the things you are able to do now, that you were unable to do 116 lbs ago and build on that! You got this and sounds like you have a great doctor who is encouraging and supportive.

Celebrate you on this incredible accomplishment! 😊

I'd lost way less than 116 lbs at eight months out, so you're much further ahead than I was at that point.

My stalls became more frequent and lasted longer the further out I went - and my weight loss slowed to a crawl. But I kept at it regardless, and I ended up losing all of my excess weight, over 200 lbs. It took 20 months in total.

in short, don't give up yet!

Please don't give up that is amazing I am 18 months out and have lost only 75lbs. It took about 6 months for the head to catch up to the stomach. But the things I can do now. I try not to look at number but how I feel.

I would do it all over again

Did you set any NON scale goals for yourself?? My dr had me fill out a form with such goals for times of stalls.

116 lbs. ago you were probably desperate to be where you are now. Don't lose sight of what you have accomplished.

Thank you all so much ! I appreciate your words. And I’m proud of your accomplishments as well on this weight loss journey. It’s not easy but definitely possible. You guys are right I will keep going and will be proud of what I have lost so far. Xoxo 😘

On 07/27/2021 at 01:57, bumblebee13 said:

Do you have any non number victories? e.g can walk around places no longer getting winded, able to sit in a chair you werent able to before? you need to focus on those just as much if not more than the actual numbers. im only a month post op, for the first 3 weeks i lost nothing and then the 4th week i lost 6pounds, weight loss is not linear, keep doing what you are doing and sooner or later you will start losing weight again. in saying that congratz on losing 116! that is amazing in just 8 months!!!

Yes you’re right 🙌🏼 I can do so much now it amazes me. I get excited now to go places and walk. And I love to get ready again. Thank you for your words 💜

On 07/27/2021 at 03:06, lizonaplane said:

Congrats on your success so far!! Don't forget to Celebrate how much you've already accomplished. I know it's hard to pat yourself on the back when you feel you're so far from your goal, but try to give yourself a thank you - whether it's a new outfit, getting a friend to give you a mani-pedi, or just a new haircut, Celebrate the milestones along the way.

You'll get there!

Yes thank you so much. I actually did dye my hair and I’m super happy now to get ready and go places. Thank you for your words💜

On 07/27/2021 at 05:02, catwoman7 said:

I'd lost way less than 116 lbs at eight months out, so you're much further ahead than I was at that point.

My stalls became more frequent and lasted longer the further out I went - and my weight loss slowed to a crawl. But I kept at it regardless, and I ended up losing all of my excess weight, over 200 lbs. It took 20 months in total.

in short, don't give up yet!

Thank you so much for your words and congratulations on your weight loss as well. Love it hear it 💜

Congratulations on losing 116 pounds, that is awesome! I am 3 days out and it is inspiring to hear how far you have come. You can reach your goal! So glad you have also noticed the NSV's, too. Looking forward to more updates as you continue to get to your goal!