Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gall Bladder had to come out 5 months post op

So I have a Detour on my journey.

Am on vacation in Florida, just got here Sat. Sunday night around 1am I developed a horrible Gall Bladder attack. Called my surgeon back home and he said if it didn’t resolve to go to the Emergency Room. I waited 16 hours and it just kept getting worse. We went to the emergency room, waited 6 hours in the lobby, 7 hours in the Emergency Department then had to be admitted for Gall Bladder removal today. I am now here at the hospital until tomorrow recovering from laparoscopic surgery.
Of course I an bummed it has ruined my vacation- no swimming, no Disney parks later in the week. I am also upset I will have to stop my weight training/ gym program for a while and be off work another 4 weeks unexpectedly. ( I have a job requires lifting patients). Hope it does not affect my progress I have made so far as I was working out a lot and walking 7 days a week. I guess I am lucky I was not on my next vacation which is international. Sorry for the long post. ☹️

Oh no! Hope you have a speedy recovery!

I had mine removed 2 months ago (just over 2yrs post surgery). It was my first ever attack. That pain is horrendous & I was soooo pleased the pain eased in 45 minutes. So sorry yours persisted.

I actually lost 2 lbs after surgery (once I git rid of all the fluids they pumped me with) & I’m in maintenance. I lost some of my appetite (came back though ☹️) for that first month so I wouldn’t worry too much about not losing yet. Plus exercise accounts for less than 20% of the weight you have to lose so not being as active likely won’t have a great deal of impact on your weight loss in a month. You can always reduce your calories a little if you’re worried though. And any fitness you may lose will come back quickly too.

Sorry about your holiday but better to have your gall removed then experience another painful attack.

Hope your recovery goes well.

Speedy recovery!

5 hours ago, Jaye W said:

So I have a Detour on my journey.

Am on vacation in Florida, just got here Sat. Sunday night around 1am I developed a horrible Gall Bladder attack. Called my surgeon back home and he said if it didn’t resolve to go to the Emergency Room. I waited 16 hours and it just kept getting worse. We went to the emergency room, waited 6 hours in the lobby, 7 hours in the Emergency Department then had to be admitted for Gall Bladder removal today. I am now here at the hospital until tomorrow recovering from laparoscopic surgery.
Of course I an bummed it has ruined my vacation- no swimming, no Disney parks later in the week. I am also upset I will have to stop my weight training/ gym program for a while and be off work another 4 weeks unexpectedly. ( I have a job requires lifting patients). Hope it does not affect my progress I have made so far as I was working out a lot and walking 7 days a week. I guess I am lucky I was not on my next vacation which is international. Sorry for the long post. ☹️

So sorry to hear that! That would suck to have that happen, but especially even more on vacation. Hope you're back to 100% soon!

Hope you are feeling better!!! Your progress thus far is amazing!!!!