Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you recommend some tools? - Bathroom Scale, Apps to track food, activity, weight and measurements

I have a surgery date set (11/5/2021)

I would like to start early with getting into habits of tracking my food, activity, weight and measurements. Maybe even add notes to log my mood.

Is there an all encompassing app that will allow me to do this easily?

Also is there a bathroom scale you recommend?

Ideally I would like the scale to send everything to my phone.

I like this scale. I have the basic model https://renpho.com/pages/smart-body-fat-scale It has a mobile app. I posted images from the app to my Instagram account earlier today if you want to take a look. https://www.instagram.com/p/CRyhuOTsrnn/

The BariatricPal Store carries over 3,500 Bariatric friendly products for pre and post op! Check them out at https://Store.BariatricPal.com.

This measuring tape is awesome. It connects to your phone via Bluetooth and its ‘FITINDEX’ app works well with my older Bluetooth enabled scale.

Edited by SarahMan80

I use Cronometer app for the food and I use the FitIndex for a bathroom scale...........

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078HW8BPY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4 hours ago, SarahMan80 said:

This measuring tape is awesome. It connects to your phone via Bluetooth and its ‘FITINDEX’ app works well with my older Bluetooth enabled scale.

I have a scale that works through Bluetooth with the fit index app!

I really like the Baritastic app, you can track your food, Water, Vitamins, weight, measurements, etc.

I have this scale and LOVE it: https://getfittrack.com/products/fittrack-smart-body-bmi-scale 100% bluetooth, syncs right to the app. It has a ton of helpful stats and info.

I use the Baritastic app, which has been an adjustment after being a long time MyFitnessPal user, but I love that it connects directly to my surgeon's office. I also log my weight and measurements in there.

I also use the Monitor Your Weight app to track weights and measurements. I like it for all the data and graphs it provides. This is an extra, Baritsastic essentially does the same thing, I just like the additional level of detail this app provides.

I have a FitBit Versa 2 that syncs with Baritastic, which is super handy. I also have a Cubii Pro, that syncs with my FitBit.

I have yet to find a single app that does it all, but I don't really mind having multiple apps. If you're going for simplicity, I would say the scale and Baritastic are probably all you really need.

Congrats on your surgery date! I'm sure you'll do great!

I ordered a scale and food scale from Walmart. Nothing special, but inexpensive and does the trick. Of course, nothing links to anything else. But I'm not all that technologically savvy so it probably doesn't matter.

I use LoseIt to track.

Fitbit watch and scale will do all of that with the associated app. You can pretty much track whatever measurement you're interested in. It's all bluetooth so connects to your phone. I like seeing my heart rate, and they've recently added a blood glucose measurement - not sure how that works, if you have to get a CGM (continuous glucose monitor) or not.

Sent from my SM-N976V using BariatricPal mobile app

@Kenda0920 actually Baritastic can be used to connect and synch your FitBit and a smart scale. If you click Steps in home screen of Baritastic it will ask you "Do you want to connect a wearable device?" Choose Yes and get 4 options, including Fitbit and wifi scale. Good luck.

7 minutes ago, Bari_KS said:

@Kenda0920 actually Baritastic can be used to connect and synch your FitBit and a smart scale. If you click Steps in home screen of Baritastic it will ask you "Do you want to connect a wearable device?" Choose Yes and get 4 options, including Fitbit and wifi scale. Good luck.

Yes! It did let me connect my FitBit. Unfortunately, the Bluetooth scale connection only allows the FitBit Aria or the Withings scale. :(