Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I noticed today that I actually weigh 5 lbs. less than the wild lie that has been listed on my driver's license for the past 25 years! 🤣🤩:D I guess it qualifies as a NSV.

It's crazy that some states require a weight for the driver's license. I've had a license in 3 states - PA, FL, and MA, and none required me to put a weight. Anyway, Congrats!

6 minutes ago, lizonaplane said:

It's crazy that some states require a weight for the driver's license. I've had a license in 3 states - PA, FL, and MA, and none required me to put a weight. Anyway, Congrats!

I always thought that was weird, too. I didn't have to list a weight on my North Carolina driver's license, but i do on my Wisconsin one. I can see how that would be helpful to them years ago when they didn't have pictures on them, but now??

I always put 250 lbs on mine even though I weighed well over 300. When I got down in the 130s, I had to get a new one, but I put 140 because I figured I'd have some bounce back weight (unfortunately, I gained more than that...). But that was the first time I ever I lied and said I weighed MORE than I actually did!

Edited by catwoman7

Washington requires it too. I’m now 80lbs less than what mine says! Ive gotten some weird looks when I have to show ID. One bartender even said “girl this needs an update!” Mine doesn’t expire until 2025 and I’m too cheap to pay to get a new one early 😂

28 minutes ago, Maisey said:

I noticed today that I actually weigh 5 lbs. less than the wild lie that has been listed on my driver's license for the past 25 years! 🤣🤩:D I guess it qualifies as a NSV.

Awesome. Lol

Probably even more funny is that I’m basically unrecognizable in the picture AND the description. In addition to weight loss, I also stopped coloring my hair. So weight is wrong, hair color is wrong and the picture is over 8 years old (Due to the pandemic, I renewed it last year without having to appear in person) Good thing I won’t get carded for alcohol 😜😜

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

Anyone else absolutely hates taking the driver license picture? They use the most unflattering photo 😪

I hate it too. Sams club is even worse.

Wow, I just looked at my license and it's 100 pounds over where I am now. When we came back to AZ 6 years ago they just reactivated the license from 25(?) years ago, when the weight was a terrible, terrible lie.

Oddly enough, it still has my height from 25(?) years ago. I've since shrunk by a couple inches.

I don't want to be shorter on my license so I'll live with the weight. ;)

Tek

I applied for the tsa pre check and got a triple take when she looked at my passport photo. It was nice. (It went through anyway without issue)… way I figure is I have enough before and after collages on my phone that I’d either have to be some ultra tech enabled spy or just a guy who used to be fat. Id like to meet the person who thinks it’s the former, they probably have good stories.

9 hours ago, Officially Not Fatty Matty said:

I applied for the tsa pre check and got a triple take when she looked at my passport photo. It was nice. (It went through anyway without issue)… way I figure is I have enough before and after collages on my phone that I’d either have to be some ultra tech enabled spy or just a guy who used to be fat. Id like to meet the person who thinks it’s the former, they probably have good stories.

I lost about 80 lbs about 10 years ago and when I came back from Colombia, my passport picture showed me as much heavier, and the guy asked me if I had another photo ID. I showed him my driver's license, which showed me as just as heavy, but he just said, "congratulations on the weight loss" and let me in. I have a new passport, which shows me as heavier again (I gained back the 80 lbs, then lost 100, and gained that back, which is why I'm going for surgery). This passport is good until 2029. Hopefully the next one I'll be thinner!

I actually just got a new DL and am waiting to get my passport back - I was so much heavier in my pictures and I was afraid, especially with the passport, that I’d have trouble going anywhere because that doesn’t look remotely like me now!

23 minutes ago, Crick said:

I actually just got a new DL and am waiting to get my passport back - I was so much heavier in my pictures and I was afraid, especially with the passport, that I’d have trouble going anywhere because that doesn’t look remotely like me now!

That was smart. Last thing you want is a reason to get held up while traveling.

This has been one of my greatest NSV's so far. I have never told the truth on my license, and it says 350. Last time I had it renewed I weighed 393. Now I'm 126 pounds less than what driver's license says!
I'm gonna tell the truth next time ha ha.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app