Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone. I am in the pre-op stage and am already experiencing Hair loss. I'm 46, without a thyroid, but all thyroid hormones are within range. My question is, what kind of hair restoration services are out there??? Can anyone speak from experience? I know that I am going to lose more hair post-surgery and I am terrified.

Thank you.

I use Rogain (for women) it's like mousse for your scalp. Honestly don't know if it actually works.

3 hours ago, GummyBearQueen said:

Go to a dermatologist and ask for microneedling with PRP, oral minoxidil and spiranalactone, and try Viviscal Pro (the pro is the dosage from a derm or skin clinic). You can also drink collagen Protein. It may not stop it, but will likely minimize it.

Thanks. Do you have any experience with this? Do you know if it (PRP) is a long-term solution or will the procedure need to be done again in the future?

It's so strange, and so sad, how much hair I have lost and I am very nervous about losing more after the surgery. The texture has also changed. It's a little frizzy and coarse. Thank you again for replying.

Edited by LouLouM

On 07/22/2021 at 14:53, LouLouM said:

Thanks. Do you have any experience with this? Do you know if it (PRP) is a long-term solution or will the procedure need to be done again in the future?

It's so strange, and so sad, how much hair I have lost and I am very nervous about losing more after the surgery. The texture has also changed. It's a little frizzy and coarse. Thank you again for replying.

It’s what I do now. My stylist commented on how thick my hair had become. I’m getting PRP treatments for thinning around the edges. My derm also suggested a lot of greens and exercise. Good luck!

On 7/22/2021 at 2:37 PM, GreenTealael said:

I will forever and always stick by the LLysine and Iron study (I lost very minimal hair)

I think you are onto something with low Iron. My ferritin is 57 (this level is despite that I take iron on a regular basis) and although the range starts at 12, I do have a lot of symptoms of low iron (hair loss, breathlessness, fatigue, dizziness, etc.) I also don't eat red meat.

Thanks for sharing all of these resources. I'll look at them more closely, especially Lysine, as I don't know much about it.

On 07/24/2021 at 15:17, LouLouM said:

I think you are onto something with low Iron. My ferritin is 57 (this level is despite that I take Iron on a regular basis) and although the range starts at 12, I do have a lot of symptoms of low iron (hair loss, breathlessness, fatigue, dizziness, etc.) I also don't eat red meat.

Thanks for sharing all of these resources. I'll look at them more closely, especially Lysine, as I don't know much about it.

Lysine is in Nutrafol hair supplements and Viviscal if I’m not mistaken.

On 7/22/2021 at 8:20 AM, LouLouM said:

Hello everyone. I am in the pre-op stage and am already experiencing Hair loss. I'm 46, without a thyroid, but all thyroid hormones are within range. My question is, what kind of hair restoration services are out there??? Can anyone speak from experience? I know that I am going to lose more hair post-surgery and I am terrified.

Thank you.

Heya i have a thyroid so what works for me may not work for you. #1 Protein gram above 80 #2 unflavored collagen powder added to drink daily solved it for me good luck

I have hereditary female pattern Hair loss but have lost so much more hair after the WLS. I have been using Rogaine for years and it was working but it hasn’t stopped or slowed down the shedding post surgery.
I’m now researching PRP as I have heard great things about and it doesn’t sound as painful as it used to be. I‘ve also ordered Viviscal Maximum Strength Supplement for Women, as I’m willing to try anything and everything right now.

Good luck and it would be great to hear how you go and if anything works. I‘lol be happy to share any updates on my end too 😊

10 hours ago, Butterflyeffect said:

I have hereditary female pattern Hair loss but have lost so much more hair after the WLS. I have been using Rogaine for years and it was working but it hasn’t stopped or slowed down the shedding post surgery.
I’m now researching PRP as I have heard great things about and it doesn’t sound as painful as it used to be. I‘ve also ordered Viviscal Maximum Strength Supplement for Women, as I’m willing to try anything and everything right now.

Good luck and it would be great to hear how you go and if anything works. I‘lol be happy to share any updates on my end too 😊

Best of luck to you and yes, please keep me posted!