Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Orgasm is non existent after being sleeved about a week ago!

I’m 6 days post op and because we are supposed to refrain from sex for awhile, instead of waiting to do it traditionally with my husband…we just played around and I masturbated. Usually within a few minutes I can reach an orgasm, but IT DID NOT HAPPEN. We even tried two days in a row…NOTHING. I’m hoping it’s just because I’m still sore and my body is adjusting to coming off the pain meds and not eating as much etc. I’m still aroused, but cannot orgasm. Has anyone experienced this? I hope the feeling of not being hungry isn’t connected to not being able to orgasm.

You’ve just had pretty major surgery. You’ve dramatically changed your diet. Your body is still in shock & consciously or unconsciously you’re probably a bit upside down emotionally as well. Give yourself time to recover from surgery physically & emotionally first & then sees what happens. Don’t stress too much about not orgasming at the moment as it will likely make it more elusive.

Congrats on your surgery.

Everyone will react differently but it took me a few months to get back to normal again. My hormones seemed all over the place.

As Arabesque said, give your self time to heal. You may feel fine on the outside but your body has just gone through pretty major surgery and will take time to heal on the inside.

Take care

On 07/21/2021 at 21:15, Arabesque said:

You’ve just had pretty major surgery. You’ve dramatically changed your diet. Your body is still in shock & consciously or unconsciously you’re probably a bit upside down emotionally as well. Give yourself time to recover from surgery physically & emotionally first & then sees what happens. Don’t stress too much about not orgasming at the moment as it will likely make it more elusive.

Congrats on your surgery.

Thank you, you’re right. Having it not happen has made me stress. I’m going to give it more time and concentrate on feeling better.

On 07/21/2021 at 22:00, Butterflyeffect said:

Everyone will react differently but it took me a few months to get back to normal again. My hormones seemed all over the place.

As Arabesque said, give your self time to heal. You may feel fine on the outside but your body has just gone through pretty major surgery and will take time to heal on the inside.

Take care

Thank you. Healing on the inside in more ways than one. Received!

I'm in the same boat. My normally healthy libido is completely squashed right now. I don't think mine is related to healing from the surgery. I think it is either a result of the very low calorie diet affecting my hormones (testosterone in my guess) or lingering effect from the anesthesia about 9 days ago. This is a very abrupt change. It reminds me of the way I felt after I had been on antidepressant medications several years ago. I'm kind of glad to see that I'm not the only one experiencing it! But the good news is once either the anesthesia is fully out of my system or I finally get to eat more calories I'm guessing it will go back. I hope it does for you soon!

On 07/22/2021 at 22:25, Maribelle76 said:

I'm in the same boat. My normally healthy libido is completely squashed right now. I don't think mine is related to healing from the surgery. I think it is either a result of the very low calorie diet affecting my hormones (testosterone in my guess) or lingering effect from the anesthesia about 9 days ago. This is a very abrupt change. It reminds me of the way I felt after I had been on antidepressant medications several years ago. I'm kind of glad to see that I'm not the only one experiencing it! But the good news is once either the anesthesia is fully out of my system or I finally get to eat more calories I'm guessing it will go back. I hope it does for you soon!

Yes! Here’s to hoping it does. It’s so strange. I’m very much in tune with my body and I’ve always noticed everything. Something has changed, and like other people who have replied have mentioned…perhaps it’s too early and I’m overthinking this. It’s been 8 days for me so you’re one day ahead! Please come back to this thread to let me know if it’s improved. To be honest, I’m still so tired and I still feel pain on my left side where they pulled out the stomach and just general pain in my stomach area (soreness) This too shall pass I know, but not being able to orgasm freaked me out!

The problem has been resolved today lol

I didn’t try anything for a few weeks but found my orgasms were actually more intense! Something to do with circulation being improved with losing weight, maybe?

On 07/24/2021 at 09:40, Maribelle76 said:

The problem has been resolved today lol

Ha ha!!!! I love it!! Good going!!

On 07/24/2021 at 11:22, WanderingHeart said:

I didn’t try anything for a few weeks but found my orgasms were actually more intense! Something to do with circulation being improved with losing weight, maybe?

I can’t wait to find out!! Good for you! That’s a win for sure 😁

It will get better. It took about a month until I was 100% myself. And now so much better with the weight off, so much more flexibility. Be patient you’ll get there pun intended 😂

On 07/25/2021 at 12:27, Sleevedupgirl1995 said:

It will get better. It took about a month until I was 100% myself. And now so much better with the weight off, so much more flexibility. Be patient you’ll get there pun intended 😂

Very true! I got there today…glory!