Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 1 week post-op today. So far it's ok, I'm just concerned that I have not been able to reach my daily Fluid intake of 64 ozs. The gas is finally subsiding so that's a plus. Just trying my best to take things one day at time. I tend to be hard on myself, so I am really trying not to beat myself for not reaching my fluid intake yet.

Edited by Jalyn
puncuation

2nd week is much easier for Fluid intake

1 hour ago, Jalyn said:

I'm 1 week post-op today. So far it's ok, I'm just concerned that I have not been able to reach my daily Fluid intake of 64 ozs. The gas is finally subsiding so that's a plus. Just trying my best to take things one day at time. I tend to be hard on myself, so I am really trying not to beat myself for not reaching my Fluid intake yet.

I’m 6 days post op and have the same problem. I haven’t been able to have more than 1 Protein Drink a day so far, plus my other fluids. Today i forced myself to have 2 and am currently trying to finish a third. How is your pain? Did you have a bypass or sleeve? I had the bypass. My incision locations do not hurt, injust have this annoying inner pain to the left of my naval. It shoots pain whenever I move. If I didn’t have that, I’d be ok. Todays also the first day I’ve really wanted to eat something. But I have 1 more week in phase 2.

42 minutes ago, Arual85 said:

I’m 6 days post op and have the same problem. I haven’t been able to have more than 1 Protein Drink a day so far, plus my other fluids. Today i forced myself to have 2 and am currently trying to finish a third. How is your pain? Did you have a bypass or sleeve? I had the bypass. My incision locations do not hurt, injust have this annoying inner pain to the left of my naval. It shoots pain whenever I move. If I didn’t have that, I’d be ok. Todays also the first day I’ve really wanted to eat something. But I have 1 more week in phase 2.

My pain is subsiding as the days go by. I still have tenderness around my incisions but it’s not unbearable. It seems that the gas I’ve had internally has caused me more pain. I had the gastric sleeve performed last week. I’ve been able to drink a few ounces of Protein per day, but concerned I’m not getting enough. I can assume that’s why I still feel weak and sluggish.
Other than all that…lol, I am hanging in there with a little smile.

I start my pre-op diet tomorrow of low carbing for 11 days and then three days on liquid. Anyone else eat all the stuff they love before starting the diet? Not going to lie, I made shrimp with Pasta tonight! Getting nervous about the surgery now that it’s closer.

Due to go in and get sleeved at 9 am, waiting in my theatre gown, sexy stockings and hospital pants. A bundle of nerves but excited about the future. We can do this💪💪

4 hours ago, Squidgy101 said:

Due to go in and get sleeved at 9 am, waiting in my theatre gown, sexy stockings and hospital pants. A bundle of nerves but excited about the future. We can do this💪💪

Good luck.

7 hours ago, Squidgy101 said:

🍀

A little update. Sleeved on 15. Rough first few days. Slept most of 15th when not being sick, managed some Water and a few licks of yoghurt today. Mainly gas pain and bloating. Ended up with water tebtion after surgery so had to be catheterd, sent me home with one until Monday. Completely wiped out and emotional. Rollercoaster day. Hoping things start to improve as the week goes on. Bonus - an not hungry!

On 8/26/2021 at 7:53 AM, Myran said:

My surgery is on the 7th. Getting sooo excited. Started my liver shrinking VLCD diet on Monday, doing okay but feeling hungry. Hoping I'll shed a few pounds before surgery.

Hi how are you feeling? I had my surgery on the seventh as well. I’m doing pretty good I did read on here that a lot of people were doing Proteins shakes and I implement one a day and it messed me up I’m still trying to recover from that.I had my surgery in San Antonio Texas at the Sage bariatric Institute.

6 hours ago, Helen H said:

Hi how are you feeling? I had my surgery on the seventh as well. I’m doing pretty good I did read on here that a lot of people were doing Proteins shakes and I implement one a day and it messed me up I’m still trying to recover from that.I had my surgery in San Antonio Texas at the Sage bariatric Institute.

Hi, I'm feeling pretty good. Manage to get all my Water in and eat my purees. I've also gone for walks every day. Only real issue has been when I started taking my Vitamins this Wednesday - they give me stomach aches and make me nauseous but I'm hoping it will pass once my body gets used to them. The doctor said they are so strong that some people cannot tolerate them. I have not really had any pain since surgery so I'm happy.

I recently vomited up my Vitamin for the first time in my life. Have been taking chewable bariatric Vitamins for six months, but these particular ones that are capsules for about a month already (with no issues). It was definitely the vitamin though. It was the same yellow color and gave me a taste aversion for the vitamin. Anyways, I always drink a shake in the morning too and I now have been waiting till after I got the whole thing down and it seems to coat the stomach enough that it hasn’t happened again.

Bypass on the 20th, 3 more days, I cant believe the day is almost here! I'm not nervous, I'm just so excited! I'm on day 12 of my Liquid Protein shake diet, and I'm already down 20! woo hoo!!!