Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not quite sure I get this site, but how are you doing? Only a few days in.

14 minutes ago, Amy Braun said:

My gastric sleeve surgery was September 1. Would like to contact others near this date

8/31 here.

Are you doing well?

Yes very well. Just struggle just a bit with getting down food sometimes since being in puréed food stage. Working through it. Losing well, drinking Water easy, so far so good u?

My only problem is 😣 Constipation. I'm taking what I should and getting the Water levels. I'm having no trouble getting anything down, I'm only afraid maybe I'm eating too much because I'm having no full feelings at as ll, though sticking to my plan

If you are tracking your food and calories you should be ok. I use My Fitness Pal app and log every bit that goes in my mouth. A few ounces of food at each meal is all I eat. I am running around 600 calories a day and walking an hour total per day, usually in 2 walks. 80 ounces of Water. I have no physical restriction to liquids.

Hello my name is Helen

I had my surgery on September 7 I had the gastric sleeve. Everything seems to be going well aside from I’m having trouble drinking the whole 64 ounces that they want me to drink is anyone else having problems?

On 9/9/2021 at 8:09 PM, AngieL11282 said:

Mine was the 7th also! How are you feeling?

Hi I had my surgery on the 7th everything seems to be going OK I’m just having problems getting all the fluids in and I already stopped the medication

3 hours ago, Helen H said:

Hi I had my surgery on the 7th everything seems to be going OK I’m just having problems getting all the fluids in and I already stopped the medication

Hi Helen. Same for me… I think I am healing as I should be and just trying to get as much Fluid as possible at this point. Today was easier than yesterday. I am SO looking forward to being able to eat real food again!!

On 9/10/2021 at 4:09 AM, AngieL11282 said:

Mine was the 7th also! How are you feeling?

Sorry for taking a while to respond, I've not been on my computer and have not logged into the forum on my phone. I'm doing good, I get my Water in, gas is moving, had bowel movement every morning since Friday and no pain apart from some gas discomfort. My plan allows for pureed foods right after surgery and I'm managing around 6-8 teaspoons per meal and eat 6 times per day. I'm actually also back at work today as I can work from home and have a sedentary desk job. I did get sick leave until the 30th but I just get bored if I don't have something to do and as I am in no major discomfort figured I try working instead :) I've also been walking both indoors and outdoors as much as possible. How are you doing?

Hey had j shaped sleeve surgery 5th day since surgery - first few days was hell as my painkillers didnt work for me since 2nd day after surgery - i had slept maybe 10 hours In 3-4 days - but today i was finally able to poop and sleep alot like 10+ hours without interuption - i dont miss food but i really miss being able to drink a cup of Water in two sips instead of 15-20 when can you drink normally again? My surgery was 10th sept - thanks and hope you are all doing well

5 hours ago, Myran said:

Sorry for taking a while to respond, I've not been on my computer and have not logged into the forum on my phone. I'm doing good, I get my Water in, gas is moving, had bowel movement every morning since Friday and no pain apart from some gas discomfort. My plan allows for pureed foods right after surgery and I'm managing around 6-8 teaspoons per meal and eat 6 times per day. I'm actually also back at work today as I can work from home and have a sedentary desk job. I did get sick leave until the 30th but I just get bored if I don't have something to do and as I am in no major discomfort figured I try working instead :) I've also been walking both indoors and outdoors as much as possible. How are you doing?

I’m doing pretty well. I definitely still have pain at the incision sites and abdomen in general but it gets better everyday. I am in full liquids for 2 weeks!! 😩 That is definitely the worst part for me!! Glad to hear you’re doing well!! 😊

On 9/5/2021 at 10:31 AM, Squidgy101 said:

Yeah! Let’s stay in touch. How’s your pre op diet going? Mine has had a few bumps.

Hi sorry I didn’t reply sooner. I didn’t think the pre op diet would be hard. But it was hard. I tend to grab grapes or almonds and I would go to do it out of habit. I am SO nervous. I have never had a planned surgery. I’ve had 2 c sections. 1st Was an emergency and 2nd I was put under unplanned and I had a kidney stone removed but I was a emergency again. So I didn’t have time to think about it. And after waiting so many years I just can’t believe it’s happening so the negatives of what could happen during surgery cloud my mind.

I can really empathize with your thoughts. Even 2nd week after surgery now, I am still wondering if an elective surgery was the only way to conquer my life-long problem. What happened to me on the pre-op diet might encourage you a little about eating tiny amounts (though I'm sure not the best). I was doing fine on it, really strict, but 6 days in, they told me my surgery would be delayed indefinitely! (due to Covid crowding beds). I did NOT want to have to start over, so what my program nutritionist told me to do was substitute one meal with 2 oz of chicken or fish and 2 oz of vegetables. I was really afraid that this would screw up the whole thing, but I only did that for 4 more days. Then they told me my surgery would be only 2 days after originally scheduled, so I was really only on the liquid diet for 6 days, then partial for 4 days, then back on for 2 days. (In my case, was supposed to be only 10 days total) Yet in my situation they said that would be ok, and I've had no problems at all with the surgery or since. I get to wondering when reading about the negative experiences if I was really operated on, but all situations are different. The only thing I did "wrong" was after the first week, when I had so much trouble getting in the 60 grams of Protein a day, I started drinking protein waters, and then found in the 2nd week I was getting too much protein! So my lesson learned is use the protein Water sparingly and count all protein grams. But I hope you make it through the rest of the pre-op and have a positive surgery experience.