Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 days post-op questions

Hi everyone I’m 3 days out. I’m curious how long that feeling of stitch pulling lasted for everyone? I know I’m going to be sore but the sharp feeling of the stitches pulling inside is so painful. Any tips or tricks? Also does Jello count as a “clear liquid “?

I can't remember the answer to the first question (I'm over six years out), but as to your second, yes, Jello counts as a clear liquid.

That stitch pulling/tugging/burning lasted about 3 weeks for me. And because of it I was also not able to lie down for about that long too. I'd sleep sorta sitting/slouching in bed. It sucked!

Near the middle/end I was reading about someone else using a heating pad and so I started doing that and it seemed to help. sugar free Jello and pudding counted for me when I was on full liquid.

Mine also lasted until week 3 then it just disappeared! I’m week 4 now. Walk as much as you can, It really really helps overall! If I could avoid wearing jeans out then I would sneak unbuttoning them while I sat bc they really irritate the stitch near the belly button! Good luck!!

Yes, walking will help.

Yeah I completely agree with everyone else on here. It was like ridiculously painful for 3 weeks. Slept on our couch that was a recliner and boy oh boy I hurt alot but before you know it you will be back to laying down comfortably in your bed. Lol
Whatever you do don't be like me and stop walking just bc you don't hurt that much anymore bc I was just getting into the walking thing and stopped and bam now I don't wanna go do it! I want to kick my own ass but at the same time I'm dreading going outside to go walk!

Sent from my SM-G981U using BariatricPal mobile app