Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For some reason the last 2 days I have been super weak and shaking. I have been drinking Water and Protein Shakes and taking Vitamins. Idk why I'm so tired and feeling so shaky. I am going through some personal things so maybe it's just my depression kicking in? Idk but I didn't walk at all outside today or yesterday, and I was just getting good at doing it a few times a day too! :( my dr wants me to be walking 10 miles by the time I go for my 6week check up! I do notttt see how that's possible!:( I hurt everywhere and that's when I barely walk a whole mile! Let alone 10! Idk whats going on. Plus I have only lost 14lbs since surgery day so now I'm 277lbs but still feel so huge and bloated. I was feeling somewhat ok and somewhat energetic once the pain in my stomach started to go away but now I am so weak and don't want to move off the couch! Anyone else having any issues too.?

Sent from my SM-G981U using BariatricPal mobile app

It’s likely your low calorie intake. It’s not uncommon to experience drops is energy, sugar & blood pressure in the months after surgery. They can make you feel nauseous, weak, give you cold sweats & tremors - generally blah. Try some electrolyte drinks. Are you on purées yet? A wider variety of real food sources will give you additional nutrients.

Ten miles!! 😱 So glad my surgeon didn’t give me that goal. I never did that when I was active & slim. Who’s got 2-3 hours to spare every day to walk that distance? Let alone the energy or fitness levels at 6 weeks. Good gracious. But that’s my personal reaction.

14lbs is fine so far. We all lose at our own rate. The bloating sounds like you may be retaining Fluid. The lactose in the shakes may also be causing the bloating (early intolerance or sensitivity to lactose which is not uncommon after surgery). Try some lemon in your Water as a natural diuretic & see if that helps. Look for some lactose free shakes or Protein powders & see if that helps.

For some reason the last 2 days I have been super weak and shaking. I have been drinking Water and Protein Shakes and taking Vitamins. Idk why I'm so tired and feeling so shaky. I am going through some personal things so maybe it's just my depression kicking in? Idk but I didn't walk at all outside today or yesterday, and I was just getting good at doing it a few times a day too! default_sad.png&key=eede538cefacefd5b09bc3209f264a659ab0a07f9d0c9c28b43ddf136bc5059a my dr wants me to be walking 10 miles by the time I go for my 6week check up! I do notttt see how that's possible!default_sad.png&key=eede538cefacefd5b09bc3209f264a659ab0a07f9d0c9c28b43ddf136bc5059a I hurt everywhere and that's when I barely walk a whole mile! Let alone 10! Idk whats going on. Plus I have only lost 14lbs since surgery day so now I'm 277lbs but still feel so huge and bloated. I was feeling somewhat ok and somewhat energetic once the pain in my stomach started to go away but now I am so weak and don't want to move off the couch! Anyone else having any issues too.?
Sent from my SM-G981U using BariatricPal mobile app

Maybe they mean 10 miles a week. 10 miles a day is WAY too much for someone who is not even eating maybe 500 calories. Don't over do it

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

I bet your doctor means 10 miles per week. I usually walk every morning on my days off from work and do 4-5 miles. I have figured out that is my comfort zone and any more than that I get bored! The most I have done in one day is 6.6 miles and I quit because I was bored and had stuff to do not because I was I was tired!

16 hours ago, Arabesque said:

It’s likely your low calorie intake. It’s not uncommon to experience drops is energy, sugar & blood pressure in the months after surgery. They can make you feel nauseous, weak, give you cold sweats & tremors - generally blah. Try some electrolyte drinks. Are you on purées yet? A wider variety of real food sources will give you additional nutrients.

Ten miles!! 😱 So glad my surgeon didn’t give me that goal. I never did that when I was active & slim. Who’s got 2-3 hours to spare every day to walk that distance? Let alone the energy or fitness levels at 6 weeks. Good gracious. But that’s my personal reaction.

14lbs is fine so far. We all lose at our own rate. The bloating sounds like you may be retaining Fluid. The lactose in the shakes may also be causing the bloating (early intolerance or sensitivity to lactose which is not uncommon after surgery). Try some lemon in your Water as a natural diuretic & see if that helps. Look for some lactose free shakes or Protein powders & see if that helps.

I put lemon juice concentrate in my Water. That has helped whenever I get nauseous + makes reaching my water goal much easier!