Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had the gastric bypass the end of April and have lost 25 lbs over the last 2.5 months.. I feel my weight loss has literally halted here. Does anyone have advice on changes they made when they noticed stalls? I drink over 50ozs of Water a day a Protein Shake and yogurt { Danon light and fit with 12 grams Protein and also try to eat some oatmeal for Breakfast and veggies and grilled chicken for dinner. Along with waking 2 miles every day. I’m following all of the advice but have literally only lost 1 lb in the last 2 weeks which is very frustrating. I’m shocked to see how slow my weight loss has been with such a calorie deficit.has anyone else experienced this issue and if so do you have any advice? My nutritionist does not advise using the shakes more than once a day but they do offer a lot of protein. I’m curious to hear about others experiences and what foods they have chosen that helped in their weight loss journey…Thank you in advance!

On 07/07/2021 at 00:40, Michele 2021 said:

I had the gastric bypass the end of April and have lost 25 lbs over the last 2.5 months.. I feel my weight loss has literally halted here. Does anyone have advice on changes they made when they noticed stalls? I drink over 50ozs of Water a day a Protein Shake and yogurt { Danon light and fit with 12 grams Protein and also try to eat some oatmeal for Breakfast and veggies and grilled chicken for dinner. Along with waking 2 miles every day. I’m following all of the advice but have literally only lost 1 lb in the last 2 weeks which is very frustrating. I’m shocked to see how slow my weight loss has been with such a calorie deficit.has anyone else experienced this issue and if so do you have any advice? My nutritionist does not advise using the shakes more than once a day but they do offer a lot of Protein. I’m curious to hear about others experiences and what foods they have chosen that helped in their weight loss journey…Thank you in advance!

First of all, congratulations on your weight loss! 25 lbs is great! However, I do understand how you feel when your weight loss slows or stalls. What I did recently was cut back on dairy and carbs and started incorporating more healthy fats like avocado and green olives. I even started drinking bulletproof coffee in the morning. (Coffee with a teaspoon of Kerrygold unsalted butter. Trust me, you can’t taste it.) I stopped drinking Protein Shakes and use GENEPRO Protein Powder to supplement my protein levels. I use MyFitnessPal app to track my macros and keep tabs on how many calories I’m eating. I can’t exercise very well because of a spine condition but I try to stay very active around the house doing chores, etc… Watch your sugar/carb intake through yogurt and oatmeal. Try switching to boiled eggs in the morning. These are things that have worked for me. I know everybody is different but these are just suggestions. Just thought I would share. Take it one day at a time, listen to what your body tells you, and keep going! You CAN do this!!!

I had the gastric bypass the end of April and have lost 25 lbs over the last 2.5 months.. I feel my weight loss has literally halted here. Does anyone have advice on changes they made when they noticed stalls? I drink over 50ozs of Water a day a Protein Shake and yogurt { Danon light and fit with 12 grams Protein and also try to eat some oatmeal for Breakfast and veggies and grilled chicken for dinner. Along with waking 2 miles every day. I’m following all of the advice but have literally only lost 1 lb in the last 2 weeks which is very frustrating. I’m shocked to see how slow my weight loss has been with such a calorie deficit.has anyone else experienced this issue and if so do you have any advice? My nutritionist does not advise using the shakes more than once a day but they do offer a lot of Protein. I’m curious to hear about others experiences and what foods they have chosen that helped in their weight loss journey…Thank you in advance!
Sleeved on May10th lost 62 so far, but I am.having the same.issues and not knowing what to eat just dowloaded some sleeve cookbook on kindle. This past week I been up in down around same.numbers. My question do you retain.liquids? It could also be.

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

If it's just two weeks that you haven't lost weight you could be in a completely normal stall. That happens all the time in weight loss. Stalls last 1-3 weeks regardless of how "perfect" you are on your program. And... you did lose a pound in the last two weeks, so you're not even technically "stalled".

The only thing I would say is if you still don't loose in a few weeks, maybe increase your Clear Liquids and find something with more Protein for breakfast instead of oatmeal.

Good luck!

stalls are very common during weight loss. You'll likely run into several along the way. Just stick to your program and stay off the scale for a few days if you need to. It'll break and you'll be on your way again. They typically last 1-3 weeks.

I appreciate everyone’s advice! I Was just hoping to see a faster weight loss at this point in time. But I do agree that cutting out the yogurt and oatmeal may be a good start and trying to eat less carbs and more Protein in my diet along with more liquids…I’m only getting about 60grams of protein daily so that may also be causing the slower weight loss….I’m just nervous because My surgeon told me that the first three months will be the quickest weight loss I will experience and if it’s only 25 lbs that doesn’t feel like a lot since I have another 40 lbs I’m hoping to lose here.

You are doing great! I have had several stalls...and found when I cut out the Protein Shakes and increased my vegs+lean meat+eggs, my stall(s) would break. The Protein shakes are easy protein, but for me, they seem to stick with me. Good Luck!

Edited by Luna Girl

I’m 5 weeks post DS and so far have lost 23 lbs post op with the common 1 week stall at the 3 week post op point. I’m on soft foods now and my Nutritionist only wants me using 1 shake daily IF needed to get my Protein requirement. So far that’s not been too difficult. Since I’ve had the DS my daily protein requirement is a minimum of 80 to 100 grams per day. I weigh/measure/document everything because my minds eye tends to see portion sizes much smaller than they are in reality and I’m still learning to use this tool I’ve chosen. I do use some of the BariWise products because of the low sugar/high protein in them. I like having oatmeal for breakfast sometimes (like today…rainy and messy outside seemed like a good day for a bowl of oatmeal!) but instead of making it with Water like the directions called for, I substituted 1/2 cup of Fairlife 1% lactose free milk. This makes it taste much better (IMO) and adds extra protein so instead of 15 grams Protein using the Fairlife brought the protein grams up to 21 grams. I’m learning day by day. Best wishes!

good luck, I hope it is just a stall.