Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2021 Bypassers?

On 9/24/2021 at 10:56 PM, sharlap64 said:

My bypass was September 2, I lost 12 lbs in the first two weeks, nothing more since. Kind of worried I’m not doing something right.

I had my surgery on August 16.
Lost 24 pounds in the first 2 weeks.

Lost 6 pounds over the next 18 days.

Lost 12 pounds in the last 12 days. Stay the course. The PA at my surgeon's office said that my body was fighting against the reduced caloric input, but that it would eventually give in. He did advise me to cut back a bit on sodium (I was living on Gatorade Zero), because it meant I was carrying more Water weight.

Hi Peeps,

I had my Gastric bypass (RnY) on Aug 17. My stats are as follows.

SW: 302 lbs

Height: 169 cm.

CW: 246 lbs.

Total lost: 56 lbs

Exercise: Walking 10km daily

However, I'm feeling I'm not losing fast enough, my dietitian thinks I should be losing about 4 lbs a week.

I'm worried that I'm going to ruin this. Any tips on how to lose faster.

Would really appreciate the help. Thank you.

6 hours ago, TheBusierBee said:

Hi Peeps,

CW: 246 lbs.

Total lost: 56 lbs

However, I'm feeling I'm not losing fast enough, my dietitian thinks I should be losing about 4 lbs a week.

I'm worried that I'm going to ruin this. Any tips on how to lose faster.

Would really appreciate the help. Thank you.

I was just thinking about this thread. I had my revision to RNY due to gerd in August. Sounds like you are doing really well to me. To me, it's not race, especially if you are eating healthy and exercising, making the shift from poor habits to healthy self-caring eating habits (mentally, emotionally and physically). Generally speaking, to lose 4 lbs. a week you would have to have a calorie deficit of 2000 calories a day. Good job so far.

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

I was just thinking about this thread. I had my revision to RNY due to gerd in August. Sounds like you are doing really well to me. To me, it's not race, especially if you are eating healthy and exercising, making the shift from poor habits to healthy self-caring eating habits (mentally, emotionally and physically). Generally speaking, to lose 4 lbs. a week you would have to have a calorie deficit of 2000 calories a day. Good job so far.

Well put! Took the words right out of my mouth (err, typed them?)

Hi Peeps,

CW: 227 lbs.

Total lost: 75 lbs

However, I'm feeling I'm not losing fast enough. Plus I've fallen off track with the festival season...been gorging on sweets, cakes and food.

I'm worried that I'm going to ruin this. Any tips on how to lose faster as well as break this food addiction...can't seem to stop eating and feeling guilty after.

Would really appreciate the help. Please help guys!

Thank you.

I’m in the same boat. The holiday season threw me off. I will also admit to getting tired of feeling cold and tired, so the extra treats during holidays kept me toasty. I’m trying to get my weightloss groove back without being too extreme. So I looked back at my logbook.

I loose weight when I drink all my Water. I got back into it this week. I loose weight when I track my food. Still working on that, I was doing well half of this week. I know I can do better next week. I know I loose weight when I plan my meals. Gotcha, that took more effort and shopping but I did my planning and prep. Ok now I remember I loose weight when I switch my exercise up instead of the same old routine. Gotta plan that, think heavier weights, new class, new machine at home? What else could help me/you? Maybe more micronutrients, or Vitamin D, or a phone call to friends or family, or a hobby to keep those hands busy, guitar, or crochet, a massage, I don’t know what makes you feel fulfilled or relaxed but I’m going to try them. I’ve lost 115lbs since Sept. 2020, but only 43lbs since surgery in Aug. 2021. I’m 5’4 or 163 cm and I’m half done with the weightloss phase.

Oh yeah, my co-workers told me of an ax throwing place near me because people are so angry at covid, they go to this place to throw axes at stuff in a room! I also heard of a place that lets you smash stuff for 30 minutes for a fee. There’s pumpkins and dishes and stuff like that there. I like going to baseball batting cages and hitting balls, but they’re closed in the winter. Start googling ideas!

I had my surgery August 3rd. My surgery weight was 270. I am currently 243. 27lbs in nearly 6 months. I kept track and followed all of the rules until my 3 month follow up. I got scolded for not losing 50 pounds and I just felt so defeated and angry.

Edited by Pookie2012

Thank you for your feedback.

My problem is that I'm unable to get back on track. Most of my eating happens to be just because I like the taste of the food and not because I'm actually hungry.

I feel like I'm in a downward spiral out of control.

How do you guys cope with something like this. How do you get back on track. How do you improve your life :(

I would contact a bariatric therapist on your team or any therapist you can get your hands on. Everyone needs help these days so finding any therapist will be a bit of a challenge but worth the effort. It’s true that weight loss is 90% a mind game. When I get stuck, it’s a strength to ask for help. You’ve already shown strength by asking for help here. Keep us posted on your discoveries.-Meg

Hi Friends,

I'm 8 months post RNY. SW 308 lbs, CW 213 lbs. Height 159 cm.

I was on a steady losing path until Jan this year due to my walking (10k) daily.
However, we had a bad family fight in Jan which has led to me being depressed and lethargic. I've kinda stalled since then and there has been zero progress.

I'm scared I'm throwing all this away and fearful since I'm overeating and not losing.

Any advice on how to kickstart my weight loss again please. My goal weight is 150 lbs and I really want to do this for my kids.

Please help me :(

On 3/26/2022 at 8:23 PM, TheBusierBee said:

Hi Friends,

I'm 8 months post RNY. SW 308 lbs, CW 213 lbs. Height 159 cm.

I was on a steady losing path until Jan this year due to my walking (10k) daily.
However, we had a bad family fight in Jan which has led to me being depressed and lethargic. I've kinda stalled since then and there has been zero progress.

I'm scared I'm throwing all this away and fearful since I'm overeating and not losing.

Any advice on how to kickstart my weight loss again please. My goal weight is 150 lbs and I really want to do this for my kids.

Please help me :(

First things first: AMAZING JOB ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS! You can and will keep it up!

Next: Get out your tools. Grab MyFitnessPro and start scanning everything you out in your mouth. Drink your 64oz Water or more every day. Start weighing daily on a Bluetooth scale and watch how water weight and activity impact your weight, then when you have a good day, you'll be able to see what you did and repeat the cycle. I can understand slowing and stalling at 8 months, especially if your activity has stopped, but you don't want to be overeating and gaining, it's obvious you know that. Don't let those bad feelings make you eat. It's your choice. Think of your kids when you get those feelings and find something Protein packed to eat on! You got this!!!!

Edited by boogie2dope
congrats

Hey August 2021 peoples. Our one year surgiversary is here! I hope you are all doing well.