Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2021 Bypassers?

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

Checking in. Sleeve to RNY revision here. This past week, my weight has been the same. Up until then, I was dropping 2 to 3 lbs. a week. Being a previous sleeve patient, I am familiar with the dreaded stalls and hope it snaps soon. I am staying on plan, regardless, to let my body figure out what is going on. lol As per my surgeon, I am still eating 5-6 small meals, about 600-700 calories which includes the calories of my supplements. I keep reading the forums to stay motivated and connected. Hope all is well with all of you.

Hey, perfect timing on your post bc it let me know I'm not alone. I didn't want to say anything, bc I'm grateful for losing what I have, and didn't want to be a jerk complaining when others have worse struggles than me. I've been stuck for about 6 days now, and actually went up 2 pounds two days ago, then back down to where I was 6 days ago today. I'm in that calorie range you are in, but my CNP told me something opposite what my nutritionist told me: Go Protein focused. Whether that mean 5-6 small meals, or 3 meals, only focus on your protein goal of 75-90g per day, and when you achieve it, stop eating. I'm also getting my 64oz Water and all my supplements, so I'm not sure what to do except up the excercise (mostly cardio still.)

I really hope you break through your plateau, and start losing again. I'll cheer for you, and when you do it, maybe you can give me a tip or two! 😁

1 hour ago, boogie2dope said:

Hey, perfect timing on your post bc it let me know I'm not alone. I didn't want to say anything, bc I'm grateful for losing what I have, and didn't want to be a jerk complaining when others have worse struggles than me. I've been stuck for about 6 days now, and actually went up 2 pounds two days ago, then back down to where I was 6 days ago today. I'm in that calorie range you are in, but my CNP told me something opposite what my nutritionist told me: Go Protein focused. Whether that mean 5-6 small meals, or 3 meals, only focus on your Protein goal of 75-90g per day, and when you achieve it, stop eating. I'm also getting my 64oz Water and all my supplements, so I'm not sure what to do except up the excercise (mostly cardio still.)

I really hope you break through your plateau, and start losing again. I'll cheer for you, and when you do it, maybe you can give me a tip or two! 😁

Thank you for responding. Now I know I'm not alone either hehe. I had surgery the day after yours so we are in the same boat. 😁I think as long as we don't get disheartened, it will break. Maybe our infamous 3 week stall is a couple weeks late. lol. It is definitely confusing when the CNP and nutritionist say opposing things. Either way I think we're still in good shape and staying on track with checking in, and connecting with others. Cheers!

My stall started after only two weeks and thankfully broke yesterday on my one month surgiversary, putting me at exactly 20 pounds down for the month. I know it's not the most but at least it's something. Tomorrow I have a follow up with the PA and nutritionist and should get cleared for solid food and workouts beyond walking. I should also be able to take baths again and I cannot wait!

I'm still confused about how much to eat since the nutritionist wouldn't give me a calorie limit at the two week appointment. I've just been eating enough to get into the Protein range but that ends up being 400-500 calories most days and it sounds like most people are eating more, so I'm really going to try to get clarity tomorrow on that.

Hope everyone is doing well and pushing through their stalls!

2 hours ago, cellbell said:

My stall started after only two weeks and thankfully broke yesterday on my one month surgiversary, putting me at exactly 20 pounds down for the month. I know it's not the most but at least it's something. Tomorrow I have a follow up with the PA and nutritionist and should get cleared for solid food and workouts beyond walking. I should also be able to take baths again and I cannot wait!

I'm still confused about how much to eat since the nutritionist wouldn't give me a calorie limit at the two week appointment. I've just been eating enough to get into the Protein range but that ends up being 400-500 calories most days and it sounds like most people are eating more, so I'm really going to try to get clarity tomorrow on that.

Hope everyone is doing well and pushing through their stalls!

Good luck at your appointment, and congrats on breaking through your stall and hitting 20 pounds!!! I do think there's something of a sweet spot when it comes to eating as few calories as we all are. We just have to find it then ride that puppy as we shed the pounds!

My stall broke and I'm down 2.2 lb. this week. It must have been the pickles lol They always cause me to gain Water weight for a couple of days. Causes a lot of weight fluctuation in the past and present. I've really been craving them or even a swig of Pickle Juice. I read it is common to crave salty things when our carbs are low. I eat a balanced diet, not Keto but because my calories are low at the moment, so therefore, so are the carbs. I am rooting for all those on a stall as I await my next one... Not many things are certain in life but stalls are inevitable for me.

Interesting read here: "High carbohydrate consumption has caused your body to retain water and salt up until now. When you eliminate carbohydrates from the diet, you begin to expel pounds of water" https://www.theartofketo.com/crave-salt-on-keto/

Edited by Tomo

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

My stall broke and I'm down 2.2 lb. this week. It must have been the pickles lol They always cause me to gain Water weight for a couple of days. Causes a lot of weight fluctuation in the past and present. I've really been craving them or even a swig of Pickle Juice. I read it is common to crave salty things when our carbs are low. I eat a balanced diet, not Keto but because my calories are low at the moment, so therefore, so are the carbs. I am rooting for all those on a stall as I await my next one... Not many things are certain in life but stalls are inevitable for me.

Interesting read here: "High carbohydrate consumption has caused your body to retain Water and salt up until now. When you eliminate carbohydrates from the diet, you begin to expel pounds of water" https://www.theartofketo.com/crave-salt-on-keto/

Way to go!!!! That's awesome! I'm struggling with a bit of a skin infection on my shin right now and there's swelling so I don't see my 8 day stall breaking just yet. Hopefully these antibiotics kick in and my leg returns to normal so I can get back to cardio. At least I've stayed the same, so silver lining is maybe I have lost a pound or two considering the swelling has to add some weight.

I will definitely check out that link you posted. Congrats again. Keep up the amazing work.

Way to go!!!! That's awesome! I'm struggling with a bit of a skin infection on my shin right now and there's swelling so I don't see my 8 day stall breaking just yet. Hopefully these antibiotics kick in and my leg returns to normal so I can get back to cardio. At least I've stayed the same, so silver lining is maybe I have lost a pound or two considering the swelling has to add some weight.
I will definitely check out that link you posted. Congrats again. Keep up the amazing work.
I am sending good thoughts for you to have a rapid recovery. Yes, yes Water gain aka swelling is probably the culprit. I am rooting for you.

Sent from my SM-N986U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 9/14/2021 at 5:25 PM, Tomo said:

I am sending good thoughts for you to have a rapid recovery. Yes, yes Water gain aka swelling is probably the culprit. I am rooting for you.

Finally, two weeks later I'm down 4.4 pounds! My leg is still hurting, and I see doc tomorrow bc I've been on antibiotics for 14 days, and have still been able to walk, but I'm ready to hit the weights and do some serious moving to up this weight loss and my leg is limiting that, so I'll have to deal with that. Hope you still are doing awesome!

2 hours ago, boogie2dope said:

Finally, two weeks later I'm down 4.4 pounds! My leg is still hurting, and I see doc tomorrow bc I've been on antibiotics for 14 days, and have still been able to walk, but I'm ready to hit the weights and do some serious moving to up this weight loss and my leg is limiting that, so I'll have to deal with that. Hope you still are doing awesome!

Yay, that is significant drop too, Boogie! I hope your doctor has some good insight for you tomorrow and helps you get well to exercise soon. I haven't really got into a serious exercise regime yet.😋 I do move a lot throughout the day so I don't stay sitting for long but I figure since our calories are so low at the moment, as long as the weight keeps coming off with my current movement, I'm content for now. I'll pick it up when my calories go up a bit and then maybe a harder workout will be more productive, if that makes sense. I'm doing good, just waiting for the next stall if and when... If and when. lol

Keep us posted!

22 minutes ago, Tiny Tantrums said:

My gastric bypass surgery was Aug 5th I have lost 40 lbs.

Way to go! Keep it up.

I just did my bypass Aug 26 !!!

On 7/1/2021 at 2:03 PM, cellbell said:

Me! I just got my date and it's August 17th!

checking in, how are you doing? I'm doing all the insurance stuff. Stress test and cardiac exam yesterday.

10 hours ago, sharlap64 said:

My bypass was September 2, I lost 12 lbs in the first two weeks, nothing more since. Kind of worried I’m not doing something right.

From what I read on the boards, it seems like a lot of people have a stall at around 3 weeks so I think that's normal (?)....but I'm sure it's frustrating!!! Just continue to keep up with your Proteins and Water, etc,