Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2021 Bypassers?

Happy to report that I feel much better today! Just a little pain at the central incision but Tylenol is handling it. No problem keeping anything down and I transitioned from Clear Liquids to full liquids today. I had some Tomato Soup with Protein Powder and it was amazingly delicious.

44 minutes ago, cellbell said:

Happy to report that I feel much better today! Just a little pain at the central incision but Tylenol is handling it. No problem keeping anything down and I transitioned from Clear Liquids to full liquids today. I had some Tomato Soup with Protein Powder and it was amazingly delicious.

What Protein powder are you using? I like GENEPRO but they are late in the shipment and my soy protein isolate tastes really, really, funny. Glad you are doing well!

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

What Protein Powder are you using? I like GENEPRO but they are late in the shipment and my soy Protein isolate tastes really, really, funny. Glad you are doing well!

Isopure zero carb but I don't love it, there's still a bit of an unnatural flavor to it.

I had surgery July 20 after spending time in hospital because I wS dehydrated..feeling better but doc said to try and do chicken fish turkey real small bites.. but not I throw it up can eat Soup pudding nothing else it seems

Uh ooo! I’ve been having breathing trouble since surgery last Thursday. I have asthma but because of concerns over possible blood clots I’m back at the hospital in ER. Because of the smaller stomach I can’t take steroids without an IV. This would all be ok but I waited all day for the doc to call me back. She didn’t call until 4, fought Boston traffic to get here, and the wait is real.

On 08/17/2021 at 21:00, learn2cook said:

Uh ooo! I’ve been having breathing trouble since surgery last Thursday. I have asthma but because of concerns over possible blood clots I’m back at the hospital in ER. Because of the smaller stomach I can’t take steroids without an IV. This would all be ok but I waited all day for the doc to call me back. She didn’t call until 4, fought Boston traffic to get here, and the wait is real.

Update, no clots. The constant moving around did prevent it! Need new asthma plan because they gave me a shot intravenously of steroids. The weight loss program explained that steroids can harm your surgery healing, but of course asthma can kill, so there was a compromise of a lesser dose of steroids.

So the uptake is keep walking, it does prevent blood clots. And, advocate for yourself, I can finally take a full breath and slept a full 5 hours. Next, I will need to spend a significant amount of time with my pulmonologist when this has settled down. We are all worth spending time upon!

Had mine August 10. Feel pretty good, not a huge fan of the blended diet, but I’m reading on here it gets better. I miss straws, and diet Cokes (even though I’ve not had one in at least a month). I use to watch cooking channels on YouTube a lot but I’m discovering that is a trigger. Will have to find something else to fill my tv time.

My surgery was scheduled for 8/16, then rescheduled for 8/23…today it got cancelled due to increase in Covid cases with no rescheduled date in sight. I’m so bummed, but wondering if this happened for a reason 🙈

I’m so sorry your having to deal with that. Mine was RNY was scheduled for the 11th, got pushed to the 12th because of covid but I got in and out and have been home resting. Hopefully they get you in soon.

6 hours ago, 2ndChance@Life said:

My surgery was scheduled for 8/16, then rescheduled for 8/23…today it got cancelled due to increase in Covid cases with no rescheduled date in sight. I’m so bummed, but wondering if this happened for a reason 🙈

I’m so sorry your having to deal with that. Mine was RNY was scheduled for the 11th, got pushed to the 12th because of covid but I got in and out and have been home resting. Hopefully they get you in soon.

On 08/18/2021 at 19:05, 2ndChance@Life said:

Hi @2ndChance,
Higher Covid rates in your area did not happen just to screw you up. It’s not personal, it’s just the ongoing pandemic we are all living in. That said, I’m deeply sorry that you have done all the preparation and plans to have to wait some more. That’s so disappointing!

Now, how do you deal with disappointment? If you’re like most of us here, maybe food and drink need to exchange places with therapy and exercise?

Seriously last week, two days before surgery, my insurance declined the procedure. My first thought was ice cream and wine. I decided I am a grown up woman and I called the WL office to ask about the therapist. We also talked about what the office was doing about my insurance appeal and what I could do to push it forward fast. Guess what? It all ended up working out ok and I “met” the therapist. Keep Calm and Adult on!