Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2021 Bypassers?

I’m so hoping for an august date. Got my insurance approvals but all the hospitals are closed for elective surgeries…

I had my bypass surgery and feel ok. I’m drinking the shakes and walking around. I still feel like me. Those of you waiting for your turn, you will do fine.

18 hours ago, DemiW said:

Hi there, I’m scheduled for August 18th. Scared? Heck yes!
14 day liquid diet and I have fell off wagon! But also think I have lost too much weight. I’m down to 164. I started my journey in January. I was 178lbs at 5’0 with pre-existing conditions. High bp, high cholesterol, GERD, and a large hiatal hernia. liquid diet is killing me. I miss my sushi, shrimp fried rice! UUUURRGGHH!

All alone in Houston

I wonder why your doctor put you on such a strict pre-op diet especially due to your weight being on the low end. My starting weight was slightly higher than yours and my doctor put me on a 10 day, and those with a higher BMI got 2, 3, 4 weeks, for example. Maybe call him and tell him your weight and see what he/she says.

How is everyone doing? I'm still in more pain then I expected. The biggest problem is the gas because it's poofing out my tummy and making the incisions sore. I've been trying to get by on Tylenol and Lyrica and have been avoiding the oxy because I'm scared of Constipation. I keep walking and walking and walking but it didn't seem like it's doing much!

19 hours ago, cellbell said:

How is everyone doing? I'm still in more pain then I expected. The biggest problem is the gas because it's poofing out my tummy and making the incisions sore. I've been trying to get by on Tylenol and Lyrica and have been avoiding the oxy because I'm scared of constipation. I keep walking and walking and walking but it didn't seem like it's doing much!

You're a couple days behind me (I was 8/9). The last two days I've felt the most improvement in pain. I had been taking pain meds at night to help me sleep. Tylenol during the day. I probably won't take any tonight though. Not so much dealing with "constipation". I just hadn't had a BM since last Saturday and I felt I should have one after a week LOL so I took some Senna last night and the night before to get things moving. It helped. Hang in there!!

Surgery was four days ago. I am one with my Spanx.< /p>

On 08/13/2021 at 12:57, Tomo said:

I wonder why your doctor put you on such a strict pre-op diet especially due to your weight being on the low end. My starting weight was slightly higher than yours and my doctor put me on a 10 day, and those with a higher BMI got 2, 3, 4 weeks, for example. Maybe call him and tell him your weight and see what he/she says.

I wanted the sleeve but after an endoscope was done, large hitial hernia, some esophagus issues and a serious case of acid reflux, my doctors aid the bypass was what I needed. I’ve called him about my weight and he says “oh that’s normal”.. God I hope I will not look like a malnourished Skelton!

2 hours ago, DemiW said:

I’m on my 12 day and it’s been Clear Liquids only!! I fell off the wagon one day and had sushi and shrimp fried rice. I couldn’t help it. I felt so bad afterwards!

I had 47g of salmon sashimi today. Korea WLS Post-Op diet says week 2 is stage 2, and raw or soft fish (boiled) 50g is allowed. I not only minced it but I must have chewed it into tomorrow. Congee is allowed from day 1 too. It's been a couple of hours but I still guilty because well, my surgeon is in Texas not Korea. lol Mine did say tuna with light mayo blended is permitted in stage 2, pureed.

23 hours ago, cellbell said:

How is everyone doing? I'm still in more pain then I expected. The biggest problem is the gas because it's poofing out my tummy and making the incisions sore. I've been trying to get by on Tylenol and Lyrica and have been avoiding the oxy because I'm scared of constipation. I keep walking and walking and walking but it didn't seem like it's doing much!

I've been chewing a lot of GasX (cherry chewables) and Mylanta Gas minis (fruit). They taste pretty good. Have you tried those for your gas?

2 hours ago, DemiW said:

I wanted the sleeve but after an endoscope was done, large hitial hernia, some esophagus issues and a serious case of acid reflux, my doctors aid the bypass was what I needed. I’ve called him about my weight and he says “oh that’s normal”.. God I hope I will not look like a malnourished Skelton!

I ended up with the bypass for those reasons also. She repaired a large hiatal hernia at the time. I also have Barrett's esophagus caused by GERD. I'm ok with the decision because I've struggled with acid reflux issues for years.

I saw your comment about the fried rice. I thought you were 12 days POST op!! I was kind of impressed~! LOL