Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2021 Bypassers?

How are you feeling?

21 hours ago, Pennykay said:

I had bypass on Aug 2nd. Doing pretty well. The hardest part is getting in Protein. I did fine with shakes before the surgery and now they make me want to throw up after the first drink. I’m using Protein Powder in Gatorade zero and that’s working OK. I had a few bites of instant mashed potatoes yesterday and it was like heaven. Lol

Try a different brand of shake. I have heard that has helped some

8 hours ago, Ashley_vsg_2021 said:

How are you feeling?

i’m feeling ok actually, if this was meant for me

Hi everyone! New here and I had my bypass yesterday (8/11). Everything is ok. It hurts and I’ve had nothing but ice chips. The worst thing so far was when the IV fluids caused my forearm to retain Fluid so bad it was hard to the touch. I’ve walked around my room a bit. I hope everyone still waiting and/or just had theirs is doing good!

Tonya

I'm home from my surgery yesterday. I guess it went ok but it hurts to sit down or get up. The hospital ran out of rooms so i was stuck in the recovery room for 6 hours and couldn't get up to walk there. My surgeon said to start walking as soon as I got to my room but it took a lot of convincing the nurses to unhook everything so I could. I wish everyone was on the same page with these things.

4 minutes ago, cellbell said:

I'm home from my surgery yesterday. I guess it went ok but it hurts to sit down or get up. The hospital ran out of rooms so i was stuck in the recovery room for 6 hours and couldn't get up to walk there. My surgeon said to start walking as soon as I got to my room but it took a lot of convincing the nurses to unhook everything so I could. I wish everyone was on the same page with these things.

I'm glad that you made it through okay but that is just terrible that you were stuck in the recovery room for 6 hrs!! Wow 😢. Good you are home and you can get some real rest. Speedy recovery to you, Cellbell.

7 minutes ago, cellbell said:

I agree with you. When I got to my room they brought me ice Water and a straw. (My instructions were room temp. No straw). Made me wish they had a bariatric surgery floor there, but they don't. Also I had the same issue with telling them I needed to get up and walk. I was totally paranoid about it. Glad you're home. My surgery was Monday and it still hurts to sit down or get up. My bruising colors are coming in nicely now too. :51_scream:

9 hours ago, utaker1988 said:

Hi everyone! New here and I had my bypass yesterday (8/11). Everything is ok. It hurts and I’ve had nothing but ice chips. The worst thing so far was when the IV fluids caused my forearm to retain Fluid so bad it was hard to the touch. I’ve walked around my room a bit. I hope everyone still waiting and/or just had theirs is doing good!

Tonya

That sounds scary, Tonya. Hope they were able to do something for you and send you home! Always easier to heal at home.

1 hour ago, TinDE said:

That sounds scary, Tonya. Hope they were able to do something for you and send you home! Always easier to heal at home.

Thanks and it is. They have been really great here. I am hopeful that I am going home tomorrow. I normally heal by sleeping and as everyone knows, they keep waking you up every 2 hours.

August 2nd surgery and I had to get my first IV drip for dehydration.. 1 hour of IV is a lot simpler than sipping an ounce or two of Water every ten minutes lol.. I’m trying my best to stay on my liquid and protein.. I start puree diet Monday and i’m dreading that

On 8/11/2021 at 9:07 AM, Mistafootball said:

lol had mine on the 2nd as well... its hard for me to get Protein as well.. I never thought to put the powder in gatorade, I will try it! I cant eat mashed potatoes until the puree stage! I think that stage will be harder for me than the liquid stage.. I am looking forward to mashed potatoes tho lol. Counting the days, I start that phase on Monday!

Omg. I did have mine on the 2nd. As well. Can’t stand the Protein Shake anymore. I’m having purée food and mash potatoes. Is all good

14 minutes ago, Kiria05 said:

Omg. I did have mine on the 2nd. As well. Can’t stand the Protein Shake anymore. I’m having purée food and mash potatoes. Is all good

i’m going to try to buy some Lean Cuisine meals and blend them.. Do you have anything with your eggs?

Hi there, I’m scheduled for August 18th. Scared? Heck yes!
14 day liquid diet and I have fell off wagon! But also think I have lost too much weight. I’m down to 164. I started my journey in January. I was 178lbs at 5’0 with pre-existing conditions. High bp, high cholesterol, GERD, and a large hiatal hernia. Liquid diet is killing me. I miss my sushi, shrimp fried rice! UUUURRGGHH!

All alone in Houston