Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 week liquid diet!!

1 hour ago, AndHam said:

Got my surgery date of 7/19!!! I have to do 3 week liquid diet before hand. I am on day 4. Anyone else have that long of a liquid diet?

Yes, I had to do 3 weeks Clear Liquids and I'm just starting soft for 1 week. Then I can start reg food.. Honestly, I wasn't hungry at all.

Darcie

I had to do two weeks of liquid diet. On day 3 I was so hungry I could have gnawed my leg off. Miserable, horrible, awful experience.

That said...it does shrink your liver, which makes your surgery safer (more room for your surgeon to work)

This, too, shall pass.

But I feel your pain.

Stick with it.

A day at a time.

There’s lots of different pre surgical plans. I had about 2.5 weeks Keto. My friend had four weeks of two shakes & one small Protein & vegetable meal per day. Another friend had two weeks shakes only. The first week is always the hardest - my surgeon called it hell week. I’m secretly pleased I had keto but I’ve done those shake diets several times in the past for a couple of months each time. Once past that first week of cravings, headaches, etc. you’ll be ok.

I am in the UK and hope to be having the sleeve soon. I have already been told that I will be doing 3 weeks of 60 ounces of milk and a vegetable meal a day. Its the only bit of the process that truly bothers me. Wish I had my date. I am seeing the surgeon this morning for the second consult, so fingers crossed

On 06/30/2021 at 19:33, AndHam said:

Got my surgery date of 7/19!!! I have to do 3 week liquid diet before hand. I am on day 4. Anyone else have that long of a liquid diet?

My surgery date is 7/7 and I had to do 4 weeks. It hasn’t been to bad for me but there were days that were harder than others due to head hunger. You can do this, if you feel like you want to cheat just remember why you are doing this. The days that I was battling “my head” I thought to myself “how can I expect to stay on track after surgery if I cant stick to this” and it helped me push through the head hungers.

5 Weeks.

5x High Protein Boosts a day

I didn't get any cheeky chicken breast or 1 'light' meal a day. 5 weeks of liquid (then another 2 weeks after!). I did just watch an RNY procedure (I generally cannot watch surgery things)...but after watching it, the concept of shrinking your liver made so much more sense. Seeing how they move the liver out of the way was interesting.

Wow! I only have to do a week with no red meat and 2 days of a liquid diet before hand! That’s wild how much variation there is!!

55 minutes ago, Tinyhounds said:

Wow! I only have to do a week with no red meat and 2 days of a liquid diet before hand! That’s wild how much variation there is!!

Yes there are so many variations on the theme. I am reading all the sleeve posts from 2010 [777 pages] It makes interesting reading. Every surgeon is different. TBH I can't wait to start the journey.

On 6/30/2021 at 8:31 PM, Darcie J. said:

Yes, I had to do 3 weeks Clear Liquids and I'm just starting soft for 1 week. Then I can start reg food.. Honestly, I wasn't hungry at all.

Darcie

Was this for pre-op though?

On 6/30/2021 at 6:33 PM, AndHam said:

I had to do a clear liquid diet and that is what I'm on right now. I'm looking forward to surgery just so I can go to a liquid diet. lol It's maddening. Congratulations on your surgery date!!

My liquid diet is only 1 week. But I wanna chew..... at least I’ll be used to it for after?

On 6/30/2021 at 7:33 PM, AndHam said:

I’m on day 6 of my 3 week liquid diet. Days 3&4 were the absolute worst. I cried over nothing and was so ready to run to chipotle and get a burrito. Day 5 it was like a switch went off and I couldn’t care less about food. I’m down 9 lbs so far. September 8th is my surgery date.