Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I last posted. I'm 9m post op and 90 pds down (225 now 135). I'm wearing a size 4 pant and xs tops... but... I've completely lost my bum... even at my smallest, I had a bum..

Is this common?? I'm squatting but my bum is still flopping down :(

Advice needed!

Sent from my SM-G973W using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh, yeah. The tale of the missing ass. Have you experienced bony ass pain yet? It’s awful. I don’t really have a butt anymore though some of it (the empty loose skin part) droops down the back of my thighs. But as my remaining fat has redistributed (it does start to happen when you’re a few months into maintenance) I think my butt got a little bigger & my bony ass pain isn’t as bad. You could always add some of those exercises to boost your glutes.

it depends on where most of the fat loss is coming from, and probably how much fat you had there in the first place. But yea - not uncommon. I have no butt - but then, I didn't have a huge butt even before surgery (I was apple-shaped, so most of my fat was in my gut and upper body)

I always had a butt. When I was in my 20’s and normal weight (150), I actually had a guy, at a club, tell me I had a big butt. It was acknowledged all around that I had a moderately big butt. I figured I would still have a butt after WLS, but I was wrong. 😭 It is gone. I do resistance training specifically to to strengthen, shape, and increase size of said butt, and I think it has helped. I has plastic surgery a month ago including a belt lipectomy in order to get rid of the loose skin on my butt (it was super uncomfortable to sit on). I now have a 20-something year old, tiny butt😂 The struggle is real. I also lost of of my breasts, going from a 40DD to a 34A. My recent plastic surgery fixed that though, with lift and augmentation. Yay for plastic surgery!

Below is my post-plastic surgery butt. I have found it looks best in cheeky bikini bottoms, as the lower part of my butt is the only part with ANY shape. Also shown is my pre-plastics butt, complete with sagging skin. 🤦🏼‍♀️

3C223E5E-1368-4DB4-AEA6-A0C1E67C7F46.jpeg

3CEACB4A-D1FF-4382-AB14-3705C06F449D.jpeg

Well, after the weight loss, I now have TWO butts! (Or is it four?) LOL

I have my regular flat bum, and then a secondary one that formed just below it, comprised of the excess skin that droops down. When I lay on my back, this lovely skin morphs into my secondary hips. 😂😂😂😂

I’ve contemplated getting it adressed by plastics, but I’m no longer interested as it doesn’t bother me as much anymore. (thiugh this may change in the future, who knows…i’ve seen many a lovely post-plastics a$$es that make me get bum-envy sometimes!)

I never had much of a butt, it was always flat. At my heaviest, I had an extra "shelf" on top of my butt. The shelf is gone 😊 but I have also lost weight out of my butt. Now any pants I buy sag on the rear and thigh. The butt pain is REAL. I'm not sure if it is being caused by a bony butt or extra skin (although I don't think there is all that much extra butt skin). A cushion helps but does not eliminate the pain.

My boobs are gone. I've had them from young on, even before becoming morbidly obese. What is left has migrated to the Deep South 😪

It's way too soon for plastics for me.

Edited by Maisey

okay I call mine a pug butt ? as it is just wrinkles ? there is really no butt there , never much to begin with and now a wrinkled one on the side and back- i look like a PUG ! it also now hurts when I sit :(

Pug butt - hilarious @Czarrina. The bony ass pain does reduce in time. Doesn’t go away but I find mine has definitely reduced in intensity. I still have to do that twist & sit on my hip thing to alleviate the pain but not as often.

I always had a butt. When I was in my 20’s and normal weight (150), I actually had a guy, at a club, tell me I had a big butt. It was acknowledged all around that I had a moderately big butt. I figured I would still have a butt after WLS, but I was wrong. [emoji24] It is gone. I do resistance training specifically to to strengthen, shape, and increase size of said butt, and I think it has helped. I has plastic surgery a month ago including a belt lipectomy in order to get rid of the loose skin on my butt (it was super uncomfortable to sit on). I now have a 20-something year old, tiny butt[emoji23] The struggle is real. I also lost of of my breasts, going from a 40DD to a 34A. My recent plastic surgery fixed that though, with lift and augmentation. Yay for plastic surgery!
Below is my post-plastic surgery butt. I have found it looks best in cheeky bikini bottoms, as the lower part of my butt is the only part with ANY shape. Also shown is my pre-plastics butt, complete with sagging skin. [emoji2360]
3C223E5E-1368-4DB4-AEA6-A0C1E67C7F46.thumb.jpeg.275c5b81ccbceeed62f21ba77830afdb.jpeg
3CEACB4A-D1FF-4382-AB14-3705C06F449D.thumb.jpeg.0b03ee99a6614cf9e8ee7578009e7174.jpeg
I hear you!! I went from a 40 G to now 34b in just 9 months! I'm thinking of plastic surgery too but planning on waiting until next summer since I hear if you get plastic and keep losing it's not good.

Your bum looks awesome

I never had much of a butt, it was always flat. At my heaviest, I had an extra "shelf" on top of my butt. The shelf is gone [emoji4] but I have also lost weight out of my butt. Now any pants I buy sag on the rear and thigh. The butt pain is REAL. I'm not sure if it is being caused by a bony butt or extra skin (although I don't think there is all that much extra butt skin). A cushion helps but does not eliminate the pain.
My boobs are gone. I've had them from young on, even before becoming morbidly obese. What is left has migrated to the Deep South [emoji25]
It's way too soon for plastics for me.
How soon are you?? I've lost my boobs too lol. I've been shifting my seating to one side of my flat bum at a time but it's causing sciatica pain... the struggle lol

okay I call mine a pug butt ? as it is just wrinkles ? there is really no butt there , never much to begin with and now a wrinkled one on the side and back- i look like a PUG ! it also now hurts when I sit [emoji20]
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] we always say output is so ugly it's cute.... so maybe your bum is cute too!

My butt ran away with my boobs.

My butt has always been big, even at my smallest weight. I've lost 162 so far and it is still big, but at the bottom where it meets my legs it is loose and saggy. Sometimes when sit on the toilet it feels like I'm sitting on wadded up toilet paper or something, but it's the skin bunching up! I am also having tailbone pain when I sit too long..
I still hope to lose at least another 40 pounds, so I imagine it will only get worse. [emoji2368]

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app