Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I’m new here

This is a traditional message board. You ask your questions and anyone that has information shares it.

There are years of questions and answers available where you can learn questions you never thought to ask.

Good luck,

Tek

There is also a July 2021 surgery post with other members with July surgery dates :) My surgery is July 23rd welcome :)

On 6/21/2021 at 1:24 PM, Mama Des said:

Hi I’m new here. I have never chatted with others about sergery and I’m not sure who’s available or even how to chat. Lol my sergery is in 3 weeks.

Hi Mama Des,

Congrats on your upcoming surgery & welcome. I am also new (today!) and getting surgery in July. Yes, check out the July surgery posts as Star618 suggested! Wishing you lots of luck.

Hello All! I had gastric sleeve June 8 and although it’s not easy it so worth it! If you have any questions from a new sleeve perspective let me know 😊

5 minutes ago, Elahnen said:

Hello All! I had gastric sleeve June 8 and although it’s not easy it so worth it! If you have any questions from a new sleeve perspective let me know 😊

Congrats, Elahnen! Thanks. Wishing you well with your sleeve.

What tips or products (shakes, Vitamins, tools, foods, etc.) do you feel were your faves so far? I am starting to plan things to buy for pre op, stage 1, and stage 2. I know I do not want to buy too much ahead of time, as I may get sick of certain things or have a change in preferences.

Have you found that your tastes have changed? Do you have many cravings for things you can't have now?

Thanks so much! I love Vega vanilla and chocolate Protein Powder as well as PB Protein powder each mixed with almond milk. I also just discovered Ghost protein powder which is amazing! Literally tastes like Cereal milk, chips ahoy etc.. and you can buy samples! You definitely want broth and sugar free popsicles. Both we’re life savers! In the full liquid stage any cream Soup you like will be your go to… get a strainer bc you will use that a lot! Also get a few protein shaker bottles! A scale is a must have! Order your Vitamins and protein ahead of time for sure! I bought but don’t use baby spoons or anything like that bc you can judge how much a tiny bite is. Look up lots of full liquid and purée recipes especially the ricotta bake for purée!
I don’t feel like my tastes have changed and I have no cravings! I have gone out for pizza with my family and it did not bother me at all. There are times I literally have to remind myself I need to eat! Plan to walk a lot it helps so much and fills the food void.
My biggest problem was over preparing and being hard on myself, it helped but I literally thought I had control over this process and I have very little. I just go hour by hour, day by day as far as what I need to be doing.
Good luck to you! It’s so worth it!
Keep the questions coming!

38 minutes ago, Elahnen said:

Thanks so much! I love Vega vanilla and chocolate Protein Powder as well as PB Protein powder each mixed with almond milk. I also just discovered Ghost Protein powder which is amazing! Literally tastes like Cereal milk, chips ahoy etc.. and you can buy samples! You definitely want broth and sugar free popsicles. Both we’re life savers! In the full liquid stage any cream Soup you like will be your go to… get a strainer bc you will use that a lot! Also get a few protein shaker bottles! A scale is a must have! Order your Vitamins and protein ahead of time for sure! I bought but don’t use baby spoons or anything like that bc you can judge how much a tiny bite is. Look up lots of full liquid and purée recipes especially the ricotta bake for purée!
I don’t feel like my tastes have changed and I have no cravings! I have gone out for pizza with my family and it did not bother me at all. There are times I literally have to remind myself I need to eat! Plan to walk a lot it helps so much and fills the food void.
My biggest problem was over preparing and being hard on myself, it helped but I literally thought I had control over this process and I have very little. I just go hour by hour, day by day as far as what I need to be doing.
Good luck to you! It’s so worth it!
Keep the questions coming!

Thanks for the great tips! Good luck to you, also.

This week i ordered a travel food thermos for Soups or purees, a shaker cup, and a water bottle with time markers. I think remembering to drink Water will be hard for me at first, especially since I won't be able to drink right before, after & during meals. I also ordered a travel mug that has a strainer, just in case I need to go to restaurants in the earlier stages (and order soup). It looks like Soup & broth will probably be some of my regular go-to's. I saw a little cordless chopper that I am thinking about buying for the puree/soft food stage. It is the perfect size for a post bariayric surgery meal & looks like I can take it if I travel.

I will look into the shakes you suggested. 😁

Your already on the right track! Love the idea of the travel mug with a strainer! You will definitely use that! The chopper will definitely help! I use a little one right now in the purée stage, makes things so much easier! I also use little 2oz cups with lids to freeze all my purées in and they gave helped so much!
The stages seem to fly by! I think being as prepared as you are already is going to help tremendously!