Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery was July 15th and so far everything has been going really good. My only issue seems to be my weight yo-yo’ing. I know it’s still very early and it’s an adjustment so I’m trying not to focus on that, but it’s very discouraging when I gain 2lbs a day then lose 4 and repeat. Is anyone else having this problem?

are you able to basically do your normal route at this point? I have some scheduled for 3 weeks out and i'm worried i'll be to tired and run down to do it.
Yes! I was up and at it the next day, and out and about that weekend! Just listen to your body, and you will be fine! Also no matter where you go take water!!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

July 22nd! Excited to have soft food soon hopefully! lol

On 7/26/2021 at 12:18 PM, Peytonlouise said:

I cheated on my pre-op diet. My diet was supposed to be milk and yoghurts and I started really struggling to stomach it so I just started skipping ‘meals’ and some days I’ve not had much at all. Today, I just felt really weak after my pre-admission blood tests so I’ve had a packet of super noodles. I feel terrible and with my op only being two days away I’m worried that they won’t even operate on me anymore.

I had the same problem. Just do your best. They will operate on you - dont worry about that. Just keep following the diet from here on out :)

On 7/26/2021 at 6:42 PM, Ladi_bree said:

I’m New here! 😊 I have definitely been having a hard time on this preop liquid diet. I have also cheated a few times. My surgery is scheduled for next Wednesday August 4th. I can’t have anything else but liquids not like some other people that can have a small meal ☹️. I’m trying to hang in there tho!

From what I understand it depends on your insides lol. Liver I think? If it’s enflamed or something with the numbers in the lab your preop diet is different. To make it smaller for surgery. So it’s not just for anesthesia. It’s about making sure things go well in surgery too!

I tried a sweet potato today and threw up with foamies. I don't think I mashed it well enough and didn't chew it enough. Will try again another day.

3 minutes ago, Cutechick marie said:

Just had my surgery July 26th! I’m about 3 days out!

How are you feeling day three was my worst day :( Only on day six, but its much better!

1 minute ago, SarahMae said:

How are you feeling day three was my worst day :( Only on day six, but its much better!

I’m feeling better and better each day! It still is a bit sore in my abdomen region and it feels weird when i move around but not anything unbearable thankfully! I’m sorry to hear you weren’t feeling too good :( i hope you feel better as the days progress!

Just now, Cutechick marie said:

I’m feeling better and better each day! It still is a bit sore in my abdomen region and it feels weird when i move around but not anything unbearable thankfully! I’m sorry to hear you weren’t feeling too good :( i hope you feel better as the days progress!

dang thats great! No I should have elaborated, haha. Day three was mentally my hardest day, mostly because of the pain and the hunger and the cravings! I was crying almost the entire day and made my boyfriend stay home from work! Told him all day long (While ugly crying) How much I regretted it and it was the biggest regret in my entire life! Then every day since has been better and better and Im so happy! I wake up each morning to another pound lost, haha! Cravings get less each day and I'm no longer feeling hungry! Mine was on the 22nd! I even made dinner for everyone while I ate a Jello and I didnt even think ONE NEGATIVE THOUGHT! I didnt even THINK to try to taste the sauce and I was literally making my favorite meal! One I am craving. Today is my favorite day yet! (Sorry to take your post and run, haha but as soon as I saw you say day three, I was like oh I never want to be day three me again! hahahaha)

8 minutes ago, SarahMae said:

2 minutes ago, SarahMae said:

dang thats great! No I should have elaborated, haha. Day three was mentally my hardest day, mostly because of the pain and the hunger and the cravings! I was crying almost the entire day and made my boyfriend stay home from work! Told him all day long (While ugly crying) How much I regretted it and it was the biggest regret in my entire life! Then every day since has been better and better and Im so happy! I wake up each morning to another pound lost, haha! Cravings get less each day and I'm no longer feeling hungry! Mine was on the 22nd! I even made dinner for everyone while I ate a Jello and I didnt even think ONE NEGATIVE THOUGHT! I didnt even THINK to try to taste the sauce and I was literally making my favorite meal! One I am craving. Today is my favorite day yet! (Sorry to take your post and run, haha but as soon as I saw you say day three, I was like oh I never want to be day three me again! hahahaha)

Wow I’m green with envy at your progress! Haha you’re doing great that’s awesome! I do still have occasional cravings myself but i guess i was lucky enough to not have as strong of waves of it as I used to, it’s weird but getting adjusted is part of the journey! Im so ready for it to be day 6 LOL, it definitely is a mental game the physical aspect is one thing but the mental aspect beating you up as well is a k.o haha.

1 minute ago, Cutechick marie said:

Wow I’m green with envy at your progress! Haha you’re doing great that’s awesome! I do still have occasional cravings myself but i guess i was lucky enough to not have as strong of waves of it as I used to, it’s weird but getting adjusted is part of the journey! Im so ready for it to be day 6 LOL, it definitely is a mental game the physical aspect is one thing but the mental aspect beating you up as well is a k.o haha.

three days apart, its like Im the twin saying Im 12 minutes older, lol. I was so miserable with cravings, and I would look at pictures and think about it and torture myself! lol So thats good you dont. I think today is the first day I really feel great. Without medication at least haha. Lets be friends since we are so close together it could be fun!

Just now, SarahMae said:

three days apart, its like Im the twin saying Im 12 minutes older, lol. I was so miserable with cravings, and I would look at pictures and think about it and torture myself! lol So thats good you dont. I think today is the first day I really feel great. Without medication at least haha. Lets be friends since we are so close together it could be fun!

Haha it does kinda feel like that huh? Hi 12 min older twin! 🤣 It’s been weirdly better than i think it normally would I haven’t really had any issues keeping down liquids, the cravings are lessening and I’m definitely not hungry which is also weird but if i get on Instagram and see the crazy foods in the for you page i might go crazy haha. I’m definitely leaning on these pain and nausea meds so hears to feeling better by my day 6! Med free Also would love to be friends we can check on eachothers progress!

On 7/26/2021 at 10:39 PM, ajarvis999 said:

My surgery was July 15th and so far everything has been going really good. My only issue seems to be my weight yo-yo’ing. I know it’s still very early and it’s an adjustment so I’m trying not to focus on that, but it’s very discouraging when I gain 2lbs a day then lose 4 and repeat. Is anyone else having this problem?

Hi! I had surgery on the 13th and a few days ago I made a post called "I hate the scale" lol. I have sort of been all over the place, too. Actually in the past few days since I upped my calories, I am having a more consistent downward weight trend. I think mine was a mixture of body fluids and Constipation for the first 10 days after surgery. Today I had my two week appointment and I was down a total of 9 lbs, which doesn't seem like a lot especially compared to those people who lose like 22 or 25 lb in 2 weeks, but I'm following the plan, so there's not much else I can do. I was happy to find out that that loss finally put me under a 35 BMI, so little losses are adding up. I know that people usually talk about the three-week stall on here, but the second week was really chaotic for me weight-wise. Hopefully we will both be slow but steady to meet our goals. Ps I just realized this is the bypass forum, and I had sleeve, but I don't think it makes that much difference in the first few weeks.

Edited by Maribelle76