Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHERE ARE MY AUGUST 2021 PEEPS?

I lost 17 lbs pre surgery ( 14 days ) and have lost 17 lbs since surgery ( 16 Days ).

I have hit my Protein grams everyday but calories are between 700-1000 for the past 5 Days but it is my chronic fatigue that has me frustrated.

I can barely walk for 30 minutes before I need to rest for an hour.

57 minutes ago, Tony B - NJ said:

I would ask why this is? My diet is pretty much the same now as it was pre-surgery, I am ingesting less than 800 calories in a day. I am losing about the same amount of weight now as pre-surgery. Am I eating too little? I am 9 days out and have lost 10 pounds since surgery

I guess I should have said not everyone can expect to lose the same. At least that’s what the NP at my clinic said about me and their patients statistics on their pre op diet. (When I was Disappointed that I wasn’t losing more). Then again everyones pre op diet is a little different so I guess weight loss on it will vary as well. I know I didn’t lose nearly as much.

Edited by ShoppGirl

On 9/5/2021 at 6:23 PM, Courtney1517 said:

Mine was August 10th!

Finally I found my surgery twins! My RNY was August 10th, too!!

Thanks guys for encouragement. Is anyone else not tolerating veggies that are cooked to death and chopped tiny? So far mashed cauliflower is the only one to stay down consistently. I don’t think I’m eating too fast. Any tricks or best veggies?

I have only tried spinach - cooked in my scrambled egg. I buy fresh, freeze it immediately, and crumble up into tiny pieces so it blends in well. I plan to try severely mashed green Beans next.

Edited by Lady60

Anyone having back pain? My back hurts so bad, and I feel like I’m walking hunched over. Also, I’m 6 days post op and thinking about going back to work tomorrow. Any suggestions. I’m not getting paid for my time off.
I had a lot of back pain yesterday. Think linked to me trying do to much. Tough when u r not getting paid but u have take care of uself. Perhaps a few more days or part time. I took two wks went back for a wk Conf n realized came back too soon. Took another wk. Go back Mon but for once in my life taking care of myself. U do the same, take good care of urself.

Did you guys have a hernia repair also? My nurse in the hospital said most patients who had a hernia repair complained about pain in their upper back. I had it pretty bad in my upper back for the first couple days.

Sent from my SM-N976V using BariatricPal mobile app

I had a hernia repair. This is good information to know wasn't sure why my back was hurting. Well I have few herniated discs from the extra weight but now 37 lbs down feel lil better. Especially my knees

34 minutes ago, Shelly689 said:

I had a lot of back pain yesterday. Think linked to me trying do to much. Tough when u r not getting paid but u have take care of uself. Perhaps a few more days or part time. I took two wks went back for a wk Conf n realized came back too soon. Took another wk. Go back Mon but for once in my life taking care of myself. U do the same, take good care of urself.

Did your doctor not write you out on short term disability? I’m 3 weeks post op and today has not been a good day at all! Body is not wanting no food and barely fluids! No way I could have done a day of work!

15 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

You can’t really expect to lose the same amount as you did on the pre-op diet because the pre-op diet is designed to make you lose weight really fast. In 16 days I lost 15 pounds on pre op diet and then I didn’t lose but about 10 pounds the month following surgery.

Same for me too

18 hours ago, Momma4xs said:

I don’t know if I’m posting this in the correct spot. Surgery aug 16th I’ve lost only 7lbs in almost 4 weeks. Preop diet I lost 14 lbs in 3 weeks. I’m following diet to the letter. I’m walking 30 min almost every day. Has this happened to anyone else. I’m starting to worry that it didn’t work… surgeon says it’s fine. Only problem is I can’t seem to get all the Water in consistently. Could that be it?

Yep 3 weeks for me on Friday. Im eating ground meat. Thought of sugar makes me urgh at the moment- i used to love my sweet coffees but dont have any sugar init. I am more tired than usual im taking my daily Vitamins and logging in my fluids and Protein. Lost weight too- lots of people looking at me shocked- no one knows so somw secrets are going to the grave with me 🤪🤪

August 24th was my date. Just joined as I’m still trying to figure this all out and the discussions seemed to apply to what I’m going through. food is better this week but still low energy. Hard to track how much Protein I’m eating when it’s just a few spoonfuls at a time. Feels like I waste a lot of food but I’ve gotta do what I’ve gotta do.
Just wanted to say hello. You’re input/ discussions are valuable to someone like me. Thank you.

Boogie,

I had my RNY on August 23rd.....so 16 days post Op. My energy was very low for the 1st 10 days and getting better each day but still easily fatigued. I try and walk more each day and have made it to 30 minutes but then I am gassed.

Stay the course....I found my puree stage has given me more food options and more energy.

Premier Protein 325 ml shakes have really helped get my Protein levels over 80 grams so I reco those if you don't have them.....2 per day but sip them slowly to get them down.

15 minutes ago, Bariatric Boy said:

Boogie,

I had my RNY on August 23rd.....so 16 days post Op. My energy was very low for the 1st 10 days and getting better each day but still easily fatigued. I try and walk more each day and have made it to 30 minutes but then I am gassed.

Stay the course....I found my puree stage has given me more food options and more energy.

Premier Protein 325 ml shakes have really helped get my Protein levels over 80 grams so I reco those if you don't have them.....2 per day but sip them slowly to get them down.

Thanks for the advice. I couldn’t tolerate Premier shakes but Fairlife Protein Shakes work for me. I need to move more when I can get more energy. Probably need more Protein. Thanks again! And I hope your walks get longer. But also be gentle with yourself. We’re actually still healing. Thank you!

Hi all, I had VSG on 8/25, and slowly making my way, day by day. Happy to have found this forum! What a wild journey this has been, from initial appointment in March 2021.