Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHERE ARE MY AUGUST 2021 PEEPS?

Y'all! I am 4 days post surgery, so still on full liquids and sick to death of the fake sweet stuff. I bought a bunch of freeze dried miso Soup you just plop it into hot Water, and then I filter it through a strainer. I'm in heaven, lol. (It's the little things right now [emoji16]) Just thought I'd offer up this as a suggestion for those of us still on full liquids.

Sent from my SM-N976V using BariatricPal mobile app

32 minutes ago, Plsmi7th said:

That's great!! Are they soft chews? I got the chewable tablets and I'm getting really tired of chewing them...it kind of feels like chewing chalk- AND I have to take 4 a day. They are from Celebrate Bariatric but I am thinking about switching to Bariatric Advantage if there is a better option. Has anyone tried the vitamin patches?

I feel the same about the Optifast chews, I ordered the bariatric pal multi gummies! Has anyone tried these?

31 minutes ago, Poise1 said:

I feel the same about the Optifast chews, I ordered the bariatric pal multi gummies! Has anyone tried these?

My nutritionist said no gummies 😪 but that would be so much easier! If you take them, let us know how you like them!

55 minutes ago, ColieCallwell said:

Y'all! I am 4 days post surgery, so still on full liquids and sick to death of the fake sweet stuff. I bought a bunch of freeze dried miso Soup you just plop it into hot Water, and then I filter it through a strainer. I'm in heaven, lol. (It's the little things right now ) Just thought I'd offer up this as a suggestion for those of us still on full liquids.

Sent from my SM-N976V using BariatricPal mobile app

Glad you found something that gets you through the liquid stage! I love Miso soup!

I had the sleeve done August 23rd. I’ve been home from the hospital for a week now. I’ve found that I’m struggling to get all of the required Protein and liquids in that I’m supposed to have. I also feel very hungry. I was not expecting that at all! I’m hoping that it’s head hunger and it’s just because I’m bored with not being at work and the kids being back to school. I don’t have energy to do anything and I don’t want to overdo it anyways. Does anyone have any words of wisdom, because this stage has been pretty brutal.

6 minutes ago, rrider said:

I had the sleeve done August 23rd. I’ve been home from the hospital for a week now. I’ve found that I’m struggling to get all of the required Protein and liquids in that I’m supposed to have. I also feel very hungry. I was not expecting that at all! I’m hoping that it’s head hunger and it’s just because I’m bored with not being at work and the kids being back to school. I don’t have energy to do anything and I don’t want to overdo it anyways. Does anyone have any words of wisdom, because this stage has been pretty brutal.

Hi Rrider I had mine the same exact day, I’m doing a little better with liquids! I have kind of been gulping a little more! I rotate between room temp Water, and sugar free popsicles! A big help has been little pellet ice, if gives my body time to digest before the next mouth full! So I’m giving myself plenty water! I recently graduated myself to unsweetened apple sauce and I have been doing the chewables and some broth strained from chicken noodle soup!

I am Day 7 post RYN Op and I too am exhausted. I tire easily yet I have been able to get 70 grams of Protein in and got over 600 kcal twice so far.

I am hoping things improve over the next few days but feeling great sans fatigue.

I had trouble with getting my liquids in until I tried warm/hot herb tea. It seemed to help going down into my stomach, and I did not experience that knot of pain in my sternum that I sometimes get drinking cool Water. Now I don't have any trouble getting my liquids in. The Protein, however, is still a struggle. Starting full liquids tomorrow, so I can finally have my low fat creamed Soups, V-8 and my full strength Premier Protein (instead of the yucky clear stuff). That will definitely help with the protein. Also, Bariatric Boy, I feel your misery with the drained feeling. I was fine for a couple of days but today, I could barely walk across the floor this morning, let alone walking 30 minutes a day! I don't know how people do it!

My wife made Lentil soup.....I took a ladle and scooped 1/2 cup into blender and then strained it.....it was warm and filling and about 9 grams of protein......I am hoping this will get my energy levels up as I push to get over 700 kcal for the first time.

Hi everyone! My surgery date was 8/12. I went to my first Post op visit today. I lost 22 lbs. My BMI went from 40 to 35. I'm still having issues swallowing my Protein Shakes. This is probably due to the hiatal hernia repair. Was told to keep trying to get the Protein down, and stay hydrated.

2 hours ago, rrider said:

I had my sleeve on the 20th august. Its a very tough week. It took me hours per Protein Shake which took up the whole day. I got dehydrated and had to go in hospital for extra fluids and got depressed. But now its day 10 and im much much better as i can deink more. Hang in there it gets better xx

On 8/29/2021 at 5:44 PM, Plsmi7th said:

You are the closest person to my August surgery twin on here that I know of! Mine was the 10th! Glad you are doing OK! We are gonna rock this!!

Absolutely!!!

Had my VSG TODAT. Uomand walking fast. Slight pain at srgery site and gas itherwise goo