Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHERE ARE MY AUGUST 2021 PEEPS?

I would almost kill for some scrambled eggs and V-8 juice...anything savory, and not sweet!

8/23

Getting to week two tomorrow and looking forward to more food options.

Who else is starting week two?

Graduated to soft chopped today! Excited to try some new recipes and actually try some meal prepping!

RNY on August 10.

I am just trying to make it until next Tuesday, when I can have grits and scrambled eggs! I was supposed to start phase 2 on Friday, but I’m tired of the liquids so I started unsweetened applesauce today!

15 minutes ago, Bariatric Boy said:

Good for you......how did it feel ?

How is your energy level after 3 weeks ?

I feel pretty great! Today is the first day I can actually eat food that doesn't have to be mashed with a fork, so I tried a little soft cheese and low fat ham roll-up. So far so good. They still don't want me eating bread or Pasta, but I can have 3 saltine crackers a day (my nutritionist is very specific!). My bariatric Vitamin contains Calcium, but not enough Vitamin D, and apparently I was really low on Vitamin D according to my pre-op labs. I started on OTC Vitamin D supplement about a week and a half ago and I do think it helped my energy level. I've been very fortunate to not have much pain.

How are you doing?

27 minutes ago, Poise1 said:

I am just trying to make it until next Tuesday, when I can have grits and scrambled eggs! I was supposed to start phase 2 on Friday, but I’m tired of the liquids so I started unsweetened applesauce today!

Been there, I hated full liquids and blended but you will be moving to soft foods soon! It will go by so fast! How do you feel?

I didn’t have but maybe 1-1.5 days of pain, or gas! So my stomach no longer hurts, just seems excess gas lol. I am an officially post op 1 week today. I just order the multi chews today, can’t wait to get them!

1 minute ago, Plsmi7th said:

Been there, I hated full liquids and blended but you will be moving to soft foods soon! It will go by so fast! How do you feel?

I’m not in pain per say, but I have spells of a little nagging headache or lite headedness. Which I assume is from the lack of sugar, because I did not have it with my Optifast shakes. The sugar replacements and I do not agree, I think it’s genetics. My mother had breast cancer and she can’t tolerate sweeteners since her surgery. So I am just ready for juices that I will dilute with some water! Ready for grits, eggs with cheese, and salads lol! Once I make it to next Tuesday I know I’ll be much better lol!

7 minutes ago, Poise1 said:

I didn’t have but maybe 1-1.5 days of pain, or gas! So my stomach no longer hurts, just seems excess gas lol. I am an officially post op 1 week today. I just order the multi chews today, can’t wait to get them!

That's great!! Are they soft chews? I got the chewable tablets and I'm getting really tired of chewing them...it kind of feels like chewing chalk- AND I have to take 4 a day. They are from Celebrate Bariatric but I am thinking about switching to Bariatric Advantage if there is a better option. Has anyone tried the vitamin patches?