Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHERE ARE MY AUGUST 2021 PEEPS?

Whooooooooo, well done to you. Please keep updates going. God willing this will be me next week. My surgery is next Thursday 😘

6 hours ago, ColieCallwell said:

Met with my surgeon yesterday for pre-op...oof, signing all the paperwork made me nervous! She said she tightens the muscles at the top of the stomach so that it helps prevent any future issues with GERD, but can make recovery a little harder. I was planning on taking a week off, she told me I would need at least four. I will have to play it by ear, my job is super demanding and I haven't told my supervisor exactly what kind of surgery I'm having (there would be a lot of judgment and I think he would probably tell me this isn't a necessary surgery and not approve my leave). My surgeon told me to say I'm having medically necessary abdominal surgery, and they'll write me a note. I can't wait til we're six months past surgery and all the scary stuff is over!

Sent from my SM-N976V using BariatricPal mobile app

Well, thank god your surgeon sounds good, don’t know where you live but in uk your boss would just have to accept the letter and pay the sick leave

My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday 8/17 - I could not possibly be more excited. I've been nervous that it would be cancelled due to a covid spike and hospitals going over capacity, but so far so good. I figure if we're 48 hours out and it hasn't happened yet , I can put that fear to bed.

1 minute ago, QuirkyParrot said:

My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday 8/17 - I could not possibly be more excited. I've been nervous that it would be cancelled due to a covid spike and hospitals going over capacity, but so far so good. I figure if we're 48 hours out and it hasn't happened yet , I can put that fear to bed.

Congratulations on your surgery date.

I had my surgery on August 2, 2021.

On 08/16/2021 at 08:44, elizabeth having the sleeve said:

My surgery is today august 16. In three hours. Nervous but glad the day is here! Started working on this February 2021.

Good luck!! Let us know how you get on x

5 hours ago, elizabeth having the sleeve said:

My surgery is today august 16. In three hours. Nervous but glad the day is here! Started working on this February 2021.

Good luck today. 🍀

3 hours ago, ctsaunde2 said:

Today is the day. Checked in waiting

good luck

On 7/12/2021 at 5:42 PM, learn2cook said:

Anybody else getting cold feet?

I was not loosing weight anymore on the pre-op plan because I was thinking about how loosing all this weight is making me go through peri-menopause again. (I had it bad with arthritis aches, sweating, Migraines, and moodiness.). I was thinking that I’m paying and working hard to go through it again.

Then I had an asthma attack and couldn’t sleep for three nights in a row. Finally my epiphany happened and I remembered that the terrible asthma is why I want to be healthy. The pre-op plan reduces inflammation and helps keep asthma away! Peri-menopause is temporarily, I want to see my son grow up. I’m back on track.

What is keeping you on track?

stick with it. The positives clearly outweigh the negatives.