Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHERE ARE MY AUGUST 2021 PEEPS?

1 hour ago, Tony B - NJ said:

Surgery on 8/31. Getting a jump start on the diet so I can minimize any complications and make sure I get a good surgery. Down 9 pounds in 5 days. Worried I may lose too much to keep my insurance approval. Have 3 weeks to go. The diet is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I am not feeling really hungry at all but I am only on it 5 days so far.

I was worried I would lose too much on the pre op as well and I called my surgery center and they said that it’s designed to make you lose weight and that insurance goes by the weight at your last appointment with the surgeon. I would double check that your policy is the same but I bet it’s fine to lose weight at this point if you’ve already had that last appointment.

16 minutes ago, Mari6985m said:

I got my surgery on August 4th. My doctor was very happy I lost 14 pounds in the prior 2 weeks. Once you have your insurance approval, your all set..don’t worry…they want us to lose the weight at the end..it helps with shrinking the liver for surgery and helps us with our new lifestyle. It helped me so much and now I’m 21 pounds down since July 19th. Keep up the good work!!

Thanks and congrats on your success so far!!

11 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

I was worried I would lose too much on the pre op as well and I called my surgery center and they said that it’s designed to make you lose weight and that insurance goes by the weight at your last appointment with the surgeon. I would double check that your policy is the same but I bet it’s fine to lose weight at this point if you’ve already had that last appointment.

Got it. Thanks and good luck to you

Uuuggghhh...!!! My date is 8/26. I am so frickin worried it will get cancelled for covid. Today my surgeon's office called and asked if I wanted to go this Monday, the 16th, because they had a cancellation... and I CAN'T because of my job! I'm so sad I can't take the cancellation!

Sent from my SM-N976V using BariatricPal mobile app

On 6/28/2021 at 11:47 AM, muffin.x said:

I'm the 18th as well!

I'm very excited but also a bit nervous. Still going back and forth wether this is the right choice for me.
I know I'll probably never lose the weight without the surgery, but I'm afraid I'll fall back into old habits after having the surgery. Is anybody else having these doubt/concerns?

I am scheduled the 8/16. I am not excited maybe a bit nervous. I think I am the same. I’m afraid that I will go through this and at some point not be successful. My 3 week preop has been only Protein Shakes and I have a large family that is eating food. I have to keep reminding myself I am head hungry and not physically hungry. I am confident that the surgery will make me healthier but worried I will mess up. Good luck on the 18th.

1 hour ago, elizabeth having the sleeve said:

I am 8/16. Nervous. Hard time sticking to preop diet. Strayed 3 x so far. Told my Dr yesterday. He said just go back on. Make sure Clear Liquids day before surgery. Nothing after midnight. And that I will do fine. Good luck to everyone!

Don’t worry! I had the same Problem…what I did that helped was drink my 3 shakes and then I ate a small salad once a day or sometimes I split that salad in half for lunch and rest at dinner. It was just lettuce, chicken and some seasoning (I did add a very little honey mustard as well). It was a little different than what I was supposed to eat( supposed to be 1/2 cup vegetables or a non fat Greek yogurt which I did eat in between here and there)..but seeing chicken is a Protein, it was ok and that worked so good for me. I ended up losing 14 pounds before surgery from that 2 weeks. Try to find something that’s healthy that you enjoy eating (like a good salad or something…just stay away from the dressings or croutons). GOOD LUCK YOU CAN DO IT

Hi All

im Aug 19th, I have my pre op this morning, v anxious, oh god it’s so close now, changing from gastric bad to sleeve

Good luck to everyone who is awaiting Gastric Sleeve surgery hope it all goes well for you all.

Is there anyone on here who is a few years down the line? Is your appetite still curbed ? Are you still eating small portions ? Are you still taking Vitamins and Protein Shakes? Has the weight kept off? Any new medical problems developed?

Sorry for all the questions but as you know this is life changing, major surgery and I have to be sure of what I'm committing to. All answers gratefully received. Thank you.

Edited by OhGoOn

Good luck to everyone who is awaiting Gastric Sleeve surgery hope it all goes well for you all.

Is there anyone on here who is a few years down the line? Is your appetite still curbed ? Are you still eating small portions ? Are you still taking Vitamins and Protein Shakes? Has the weight kept off? Any new medical problems developed?

Sorry for all the questions but this is life changing, major surgery and I have to be sure of what I'm committing to. All answers gratefully received. Thank you.

On 6/19/2021 at 7:24 PM, phenomenally_me said:

I'm the 18th and SUUUUUUPER excited!

Hi, you are day b4 me. I. Having my pre op today, just waiting on bloods now, yikes

Met with my surgeon yesterday for pre-op...oof, signing all the paperwork made me nervous! She said she tightens the muscles at the top of the stomach so that it helps prevent any future issues with GERD, but can make recovery a little harder. I was planning on taking a week off, she told me I would need at least four. I will have to play it by ear, my job is super demanding and I haven't told my supervisor exactly what kind of surgery I'm having (there would be a lot of judgment and I think he would probably tell me this isn't a necessary surgery and not approve my leave). My surgeon told me to say I'm having medically necessary abdominal surgery, and they'll write me a note. I can't wait til we're six months past surgery and all the scary stuff is over!

Sent from my SM-N976V using BariatricPal mobile app