Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHERE ARE MY AUGUST 2021 PEEPS?

10 hours ago, Mistafootball said:

i’m out of surgery, first night! The gas pains are horrible

Yikes...I bought Gas-X to take with me. I heard walking and/or a heating pad helps. Feel better!

28 minutes ago, ColieCallwell said:

I am SO excited! I'm scheduled for 8/26. I went and bought a bluetooth water bottle that tracks my Water intake, (it lights up to remind me to drink, and every time it does, my 5 y/o yells "Drink!" - my husband says we're getting him ready for college, haha), a BT weigh scale that syncs with my phone, a BT measuring tape that syncs with my phone, a bunch of Protein and blender bottles, freezer storage containers so I can make some Bone Broth ahead to freeze and have after surgery. I ordered all the success books my surgeon recommended, and have read 4 out of 5 of them. I bought a bunch of bariatric cookbooks. I have probably watched every single episode of My 600-lb Life. I am *trying* to take 30 minutes to eat my meals, and not drinking for 30 minutes before/after meals like my dietician recommended (it's hard!). I'm trying to go with the flow, but I'm too Type A. I'm sure out of all this planning, only about half of it will be useful, lol. Anyone else overthinking/obsessing??? Am I setting myself up for failure? This time next month, we'll all be in the thick of it!

Sent from my SM-N976V using BariatricPal mobile app

My sister tells me I'm obsessed all the time! I've probably watched every YouTube video there is related to VSG. Do what makes you comfortable and gives you peace! I love that you have a 5 year old cheerleader!

6 minutes ago, donielle1880 said:

Got it done yesterday and I’m getting to go home today. Pain isn’t so bad I think it’s more gas than tummy pain,but I am dry heaving when I drink fluids.

same here, i’m getting discharged now.. The gas is terrible

yeah it’s more uncomfortable than really painful.. It was painful for me in recovery tho once I woke up… my incisions i don’t even know they are the ere unless I look at them. I have no pain or soreness around those spots… just the cramps/gas

21 hours ago, phenomenally_me said:

Why did they push it back?

Due to paper work, and I’m self funding, grrrr

but 2 weeks tomorrow, gastric band being removed and replaced with a sleeve x

22 hours ago, phenomenally_me said:

Yay! How'd it go?

Doctor said It went well, I got discharged yesterday, a lot of gas pain mostly. That first few hours after the surgery was when it was painful for me, now just dealing w gas discomfort. Gas x is definitely your friend. I drank couple of sips of dilluted Protein Shake. So far so good!

I'm having surgery in like 2 1/2 hours and I want to call it off 😬 I've been hearing so many negative especially about gaining acid reflux that I don't want to do this anymore. This has been a loooong back and forth journey for me! Has anyone else experienced these emotions?

On 7/30/2021 at 11:56 AM, Ceja said:

I’m Aug 4😬😬😬 anyone here have to fly home after surgery? I will be flying 3 days after surgery. It’s a 4 hr flight and I’m nervous getting myself through the airport and on the plane when I probably won’t feel well

My surgery is today as well! May you have a successful surgery and an amazing healthier life 🙏🏽 Good luck with the plane ride as well!