Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHERE ARE MY AUGUST 2021 PEEPS?

On 6/28/2021 at 12:47 PM, muffin.x said:

I'm the 18th as well!

I'm very excited but also a bit nervous. Still going back and forth wether this is the right choice for me.
I know I'll probably never lose the weight without the surgery, but I'm afraid I'll fall back into old habits after having the surgery. Is anybody else having these doubt/concerns?

Hey, Surgery Sibling! I keep telling myself it's mind over matter. We all have to address our relationship with food and decide what/who we want to be going forward. It's normal to have concerns but think positive! Stay strong! You got this!

On 7/14/2021 at 4:19 PM, Pennykay said:

I will be starting my liver shrink diet in a few days. I am excited and freaking out at the same time! I keep thinking of foods that I need to eat because I won’t be eating them anymore after the surgery. I have to keep bringing myself back to focusing on getting healthy rather than the food. I am both ready and nervous!

Congrats! I am on the pre-op diet now but I must say, I had the best food funeral! 🙂

On 7/12/2021 at 5:42 PM, learn2cook said:

Anybody else getting cold feet?

I was not loosing weight anymore on the pre-op plan because I was thinking about how loosing all this weight is making me go through peri-menopause again. (I had it bad with arthritis aches, sweating, Migraines, and moodiness.). I was thinking that I’m paying and working hard to go through it again.

Then I had an asthma attack and couldn’t sleep for three nights in a row. Finally my epiphany happened and I remembered that the terrible asthma is why I want to be healthy. The pre-op plan reduces inflammation and helps keep asthma away! Peri-menopause is temporarily, I want to see my son grow up. I’m back on track.

What is keeping you on track?

Good for you! Just the thought of being healthy is keeping me on track. I have so many comorbidities and I'm hoping to get off my medicine, or even decrease my dosage. I've been unhealthy so long that I'm not comfortable in my own skin. Hopefully, when the weight comes off and I feel physically better, I can get into trying new things.

3 minutes ago, ColieCallwell said:

Just got my surgery date! August 26th!!! Super excited but scared too!

Sent from my SM-N976V using BariatricPal mobile app

Yayyy!!!! Good luck!

2 minutes ago, JessicaWoodward said:

VSG scheduled for 8.24.21!!!

🥳

Oh wow we are all so close ,,, scary and exciting

15 hours ago, phenomenally_me said:

Congrats! I am on the pre-op diet now but I must say, I had the best food funeral! 🙂

This really made me laugh

Hi I am scheduled for sleeve surgery August 16, 2021, nervous but excited too, Surgeon said I didnt have to do the preop diet, ?? just liquids on day before and nothing after midnight. Is others doing just this, makes me wonder why? I was 305 been cutting back some, now I am 296 5 feet 5. 69 years old. first went to Dr in Feb 2021 had lots of clearances before surgery date, now just waiting......

Edited by elizabeth having the sleeve
info

On 07/28/2021 at 08:04, elizabeth having the sleeve said:

Hi I am scheduled for sleeve surgery August 16, 2021, nervous but excited too, Surgeon said I didnt have to do the preop diet, ?? just liquids on day before and nothing after midnight. Is others doing just this, makes me wonder why? I was 305 been cutting back some, now I am 296 5 feet 5.

Hi! That doesn’t seem right… where are you getting it done?? The point of a pre-op is to shrink your liver… 🙁

On 07/27/2021 at 07:22, phenomenally_me said:

Surgery date is 8/18 with Dr. Z

Where in Mexico? I’m going to ASM Dr. López