Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had sleeve on May 20th don't feel difference

Will be a month post op and I am having a hard time. I have only lost 13lbs down 4 dress sizes, but find myself forgetting to chew and now i am.entering 4th week getting hungrier more often then even before my surgery. I am very stressed and emotional. Really doing this on my own and I am having a hard time and scared of failing. I have not followed the times I need to eat sometimes I cant sleep and wake up late. There are times I am not hungry and times i eat a yogurt or something and im hungry within an hour.

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

I thought I was feeling real hunger post surgery too but it turned out to be head hunger. I realized it because when I was distracted I could go Hours and actually forget to eat. I realized that I have a tendency to eat when I am board. I have a telehealth appointment with a therapist who specializes in disordered eating scheduled for next month to get to the bottom of this behavior so I don’t blow this opportunity. Most people do not have real hunger because the hunger hormones are in our stomach and they cut out such a large portion of it. When you are totally consumed by another task do you forget to eat?

I’m sorry you’re having a difficult time. The surgery, dietary changes, etc. seem to stir up a lot of emotions & sometimes we need support to work our way through them. It is likely anxiety that is driving your desire for food, your poor sleep patterns, emotions, etc. Finding a therapist or counsellor to talk to will be very beneficial.

The surgery can help you lose weight but you have to be in the right emotional place to understand how & why you eat & to make the changes to take full advantage of the surgery.

We do lose at our own rate. Some more slowly, some more quickly. Both are right because every pound you lose is a win. Your 13lbs loss is great. I lost about 7kgs (about 15lbs) in my first 4 weeks so pretty similar.

I thought I was feeling real hunger post surgery too but it turned out to be head hunger. I realized it because when I was distracted I could go Hours and actually forget to eat. I realized that I have a tendency to eat when I am board. I have a telehealth appointment with a therapist who specializes in disordered eating scheduled for next month to get to the bottom of this behavior so I don’t blow this opportunity. Most people do not have real hunger because the hunger hormones are in our stomach and they cut out such a large portion of it. When you are totally consumed by another task do you forget to eat?

I tend to eat or try around between 1 to 3 pm also stuck on what to eat. I only do 3 oz meals. Sorry correction my surgery was May 10th down 62 pounds. There are weeks i gain and lose same pounds.

Be patient... don’t rush the process.. follow everything to a tee... I am 5 yrs post op and I lost my weight wayyyyyyyy to fast and wish I lost it slower ...
The food, the intake, at times I do not want to get out of bed. I feel more swollen and bigger in certain areas. The most difficult thing is what to eat and not since everything is more Keto. Vsg food is very different and again im in 3.0oz i dont count calories in which I should. My surgeons nutritionist told me.3 ounces. I do crave hot dog for some reason lol

I’m sorry you’re having a difficult time. The surgery, dietary changes, etc. seem to stir up a lot of emotions & sometimes we need support to work our way through them. It is likely anxiety that is driving your desire for food, your poor sleep patterns, emotions, etc. Finding a therapist or counsellor to talk to will be very beneficial.
The surgery can help you lose weight but you have to be in the right emotional place to understand how & why you eat & to make the changes to take full advantage of the surgery.
We do lose at our own rate. Some more slowly, some more quickly. Both are right because every pound you lose is a win. Your 13lbs loss is great. I lost about 7kgs (about 15lbs) in my first 4 weeks so pretty similar.
Thank you and you are absolutely correct. My family doctor wants me to get counseling which I asked.for. It is hard when you are doing it on your own with really no support. No one to help me so emotionally is taking over. As of today I am 62pounds down will be 2 months in 3 days i failed.to put correct date May10th sleeved. Thank for advice.