Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TMI can I take ex lax I just bought from Pharmacy if I can how many can I take I can’t take any other stuffs that’s help me go bathroom

2BEA7B6E-16D5-47C6-B665-6572198BFB16.jpeg

that stuff is pretty harsh, so I'd just take whatever it says to on the box. Or else call you doctor and ask him/her...

1 hour ago, mischa23 said:

I just took them on the box said take two but nothing it’s not happening

You need to give it time to work. It may not work until tomorrow.

1 hour ago, mischa23 said:

I just took them on the box said take two but nothing it’s not happening

You need to give it time to work. It may not work until tomorrow.

Try to take some Miralax for the next couple of days and see if that works. That I what I had to do. It will take a few days to work though.

Is there a specific ingredient you can’t take? There are a few different types of laxatives that get you moving in different ways: softeners, bulk forming, emollient, saline, etc.

Generally stool softeners are less harsh than laxatives but some of the other laxatives can be equally gentle. I’d avoid anything really strong to begin if you can because they can cause strong intestinal cramping or have ‘dramatic’ effects but if you’ve been constipated for several days you will need something stronger. Some people swear by Smooth Move tea.

Always follow the instructions on the pack & observe the dosage recommendation.

Try to keep on top of any Constipation so it doesn’t become chronic. If I got to day 3 without a bm while I was losing, I’d take a softener before bed & things would be moving again the next morning. Now I take one if I get to day 2.

Have you added a soluble, non swelling fibre to your diet? I took Benefibre.

Good luck.

On 5/28/2021 at 11:39 PM, catwoman7 said:

that stuff is pretty harsh, so I'd just take whatever it says to on the box. Or else call you doctor and ask him/her...

I agree, 15mg sennosides is quite harsh. My doctor recommended Fiber supplements (OTC, which comes as powder, Gummy bears or pill) and asked me to add them every day until I can eat fiber rich food (another 2 weeks at least)

After you do get things moving again you may need to take a fiber supplement daily to keep it that way. Especially if you take an Iron supplement or have one in your Multivitamin. I have had good luck with the Walmart generic of benefiber daily.

Is there a reason you can't take Miralax? That is usually pretty safe. They give that to cancer patients, including the elderly and toddlers. You can take it every day for long periods of time (It says on the bottle not to take it for long periods of time but that's just because they want you to tell your doctor if you have Constipation for a long time - doctors will tell you to take it if you have chronic constipation for a reason they are aware of that can't be solved any other way). You do have to take it for a few days for it to work and you have to keep taking it until the reason you are constipated is resolved (in this case, not eating enough calories, taking pain pills, not eating enough roughage, not enough exercise, surgery, etc).

I have had no luck with the gentle stuff. I opt for epsom salt. It’s….. VERY effective. Just don’t plan on going anywhere for 12 hours or so until you get used to it. I’m typically cleaned out top to bottom in under an hour, but really, do your research on it because once it starts you’re in it for the duration. That being said, I feel amazing when it’s done.

4 hours ago, Officially Not Fatty Matty said:

I have had no luck with the gentle stuff. I opt for epsom salt. It’s….. VERY effective. Just don’t plan on going anywhere for 12 hours or so until you get used to it. I’m typically cleaned out top to bottom in under an hour, but really, do your research on it because once it starts you’re in it for the duration. That being said, I feel amazing when it’s done.

I never heard of this. How do you take it? Do you only do it when your severely constipated or for regular maintenance?

Just now, HealthyLifeStyle said:

I never heard of this. How do you take it? Do you only do it when your severely constipated or for regular maintenance?

I know you didn't direct this towards me, but I wouldn't take Epsom salts for regular maintenance. They're pretty harsh. Something like Miralax or fiber supplements (like Benefiber or Metamucil) are better for regular maintenance. I'd just take the big guns if I was SUPER stopped up (I've never taken Epsom salts, but I've taken a bottle of magnesium citrate before - another laxative that can pretty much blast out every last molecule...)

I take milk of magnesia 2 times a week and it feels food [emoji90]