Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Water Intake - Need Help Getting Water In

Hi everyone! So I definitely need some support in getting my Water intake. I'm struggling getting water in big time. Its not like its that difficult for me to drink water, my problem is that I have such a busy work life as most of us do im sure. Most of the time im working strictly from home but I am also a mental health case manager, so I do outreach clients out to their homes and sometimes a session can be like an hour long and I would literally forget to drink water when im with my clients. Today for instance, i went to visit eight clients and I didn't drink water at all while I was out :( I'm concern about my water intake, im hardly getting any in. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions of something that works for you? I really need to get at lease 64oz in per day, to help with dehydration, for more energy and also to help with weight loss because I think my weight might be stalled because of me not drinking enough fluids.

Edited by Kat L

There are reminder apps you can use but that would require you carry a water bottle with you all the time.

I have a Water bottle with me all the time, at work, in the car, at home etc.

Make it a habit to have a water bottle at all times, just like you don't forget your bag, phone, car keys, house keys, wallet or purse, make it habit for the water bottle bottle to be an essential item

every morning after I get up and before i drink my coffee, I have 16 oz of Water (or some other non-caffeinated, ultra low-cal or no-cal fluid). I started doing that when i was a few months out to help me reach my goal by the end of the day. That little boost first thing in the morning does help...

I am up at 6am every morning and I drink 1/2 of my daily Water intake before Breakfast at 9am. Then if I get busy during the day I only have to worry about drinking the other 1/2 before I get to bed. I drink 1/2 gallon per day with no problems.

11 hours ago, lekcir said:

I struggle to at work. I learned to carry a bottle around. ND SOME CRYSTAL LIGHT PACKETS FOR some flavor once in awhile. After work it's easier

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Be careful with the crystal light. It has artificial sweeteners and can give you a belly ache.

Thank you so much everyone! You gave me some ideas, I am finishing up my fourth cup of Water today, its not too much yet but im really going to aim to get 8 cups of water in today. This is my goal!

You have to just take your Water everywhere you go. It becomes part of your essential items and a habit to continuously sip.

I have a 20 oz bottle that is nicely insulated and I drink at least 3 of them per day. There is no way I could mentally keep track of 8 small glasses.