Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Depends on how far out you are post op. I think either of these the things in small amounts and as an occasional treat are fine once you’re past your immediate post op stage. However, probably not good to have too much of this stuff while still in weight loss mode.

I was probably a year out before I ate popcorn. Much longer for chips. I do eat popcorn occasionally - I almost never eat chips. Too much of a temptation to overdo it - or at least it is for me.

Have you tried the Quest Protein chips. They are really good. I don’t miss regular chips.assuming you have been cleared to eat chips.

Edited by ShoppGirl

13 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

Have you tried the Quest Protein chips. They are really good. I don’t miss regular chips.assuming you have been cleared to eat chips.

Exactly. These are actually good (and high in protein).

Spicy Sweet Chili - Tortilla Style

Yes very good sometimes I miss reg chips but I would prob eat to much. Plus wasted calories. I will stick with quest.there is slot at this sites store

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I have to be very careful with chips as I can eat a lot of them without feeling much restriction at first. Slider foods are definitely a way toward stalls and regain...just be careful and seriously moderate or limit.

I've eaten kettle chips and popcorn with no problems. Tolerance is gonna be individual. I do regularly eat air popped popcorn because my plan has a Fiber requirement, but I largely avoid chips....too many calories, no nutritional value. But in life, there are times for treats in moderation. Make sure your food day is balanced and measure your chips out in a workable serving size...and put them away. Be careful not to fall into a trigger for disordered eating habits. (ie: mindlessly munching on the bag until it's gone) If they're a trigger and you have to fight temptation constantly, it probably isn't worth the stress of having them around. If so, make a deal with yourself to only eat them at special occasions...parties, out of the house, etc. Moderation is easier with witnesses. LOL:)

On 5/25/2021 at 10:26 AM, Jaelzion said:

Exactly. These are actually good (and high in protein).

Spicy Sweet Chili - Tortilla Style

Just found out that Target carries Quest products and surprisingly they are cheaper than Walmart. They have 4 packs so you don’t have to buy 8 or 12 to get the lower Amazon price and right now they are an additional 25% off if you order online and do pick up which I highly recommend. It was super easy and quick if you check in to tell them your on your way. They carry several of the flavors of the chips and their Protein Bars and Cookies, etc. They are quite yummy and with the Protein they are actually filling.

On 6/22/2021 at 10:21 AM, ShoppGirl said:

Just found out that Target carries Quest products and surprisingly they are cheaper than Walmart. They have 4 packs so you don’t have to buy 8 or 12 to get the lower Amazon price and right now they are an additional 25% off if you order online and do pick up which I highly recommend. It was super easy and quick if you check in to tell them your on your way. They carry several of the flavors of the chips and their Protein Bars and Cookies, etc. They are quite yummy and with the Protein they are actually filling.

I just ordered some Quest chips. I hope I like them as much as cheetos. I've been eating small bags of cheetos as a cheat-o while preparing for surgery.

2 hours ago, lizonaplane said:

I just ordered some Quest chips. I hope I like them as much as cheetos. I've been eating small bags of cheetos as a cheat-o while preparing for surgery.

Not certain if they will compare to Cheetos. They are more like Doritos if anything. Hopefully you like them as much though.

I didn't like the Quest chips or any Protein chips I've tried... I wouldn't eat those kettle chips though. I loved them prior to wls and had some after but I always stall when I eat them... after a while they didn't even taste as good and feel heavy in my stomach. If you plan to do it any way, at least get the 100 cal bags for Portion Control. I have had some popcorn though... I make it stovetop with the bare minimum oil and salt. BUT I am not cleared for it and my nutritionist told me NOT to do it ( I'm 4 months out). I try to eat a few sunflower seeds when I have that craving but I was advised to limit that too. 😞... I just keep thinking of my goal and putting one foot in front of the other...

4 minutes ago, blackpowder72 said:

I just got some of the Quest chips there not to bad. I can't say to much for there snack bars lol

Their frozen Protein pizza wasn’t much to be desired either. The chips are still a win in my book though.