Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 05/24/2021 at 10:49, HealthyLifeStyle said:

I can not fathom how you could recoop after having so much surgery at once. OMG! You must have been unable to do anything at all.

My recovery was surprisingly smooth. The first 2-3 days were rough of course, but after that I felt like each day was a big improvement over the previous. I went back to work full time at three weeks post op and felt great.

I have only lost 40 pounds and I already have boob issues. They are deflated but I tried a cup size smaller In the same bra and it creates muffin top because the cup is not wide enough. I have a bunch of space at the top of the bra that is empty. Hopefully as I lose more this will change or I am never going to find a bra that fits properly.

21 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

I have only lost 40 pounds and I already have boob issues. They are deflated but I tried a cup size smaller In the same bra and it creates muffin top because the cup is not wide enough. I have a bunch of space at the top of the bra that is empty. Hopefully as I lose more this will change or I am never going to find a bra that fits properly.

Try a "demi" bra. It is like only a 1/2 cup instead of the full cup. It worked for me so maybe it will work for you too.

43 minutes ago, HealthyLifeStyle said:

Try a "demi" bra. It is like only a 1/2 cup instead of the full cup. It worked for me so maybe it will work for you too.

I will try it. Thank you for the suggestion.

9 hours ago, HealthyLifeStyle said:

The demi or half cup didn’t work for me at all. All the loose empty skin at the top of my breast just oozed over the top of the bra. Not attractive.

16 hours ago, Arabesque said:

The demi or half cup didn’t work for me at all. All the loose empty skin at the top of my breast just oozed over the top of the bra. Not attractive.

It will work for some and not others.

On 5/24/2021 at 10:45 AM, HealthyLifeStyle said:

I have never had a fitting before so I am shy.

I was trained as a bra and mastectomy patient fitter while I was in grad school. Please don't be shy or embarrassed! Fitters truly do see it all! It made my heart so happy each time I was able to help a woman, cancer patient or not, walk away with an undergarment (and/or prosthetic) that not only fit well but helped them feel better, too!

Most fitters take a lot of pride in being of service and helping women feel great about themselves and know how important well-fitting undergarments can be! 😊

5 minutes ago, mamabear_2_2 said:

I was trained as a bra and mastectomy patient fitter while I was in grad school. Please don't be shy or embarrassed! Fitters truly do see it all! It made my heart so happy each time I was able to help a woman, cancer patient or not, walk away with an undergarment (and/or prosthetic) that not only fit well but helped them feel better, too!

Most fitters take a lot of pride in being of service and helping women feel great about themselves and know how important well-fitting undergarments can be! 😊

Thank you so much. This makes me feel a little bit better about doing this now.

I am 62 and almost 4 months into my journey, you better believe I will get my breasts done if I end up with soap-in-a-rope boobs. I have to live with them.

1 minute ago, Pkump said:

I am 62 and almost 4 months into my journey, you better believe I will get my breasts done if I end up with soap-in-a-rope boobs. I have to live with them.

OMG!! I died laughing at soap-in-a-rope boobs!! LOL

I'm 49, soon to be 50. When I was 31 I had a breast reduction because I was HUGE. I was a DD after the reduction, but then when I had my son at 39, they grew back, and now I wear a 40H. I was a 48H prior to wls. I never have lost much weight in my breasts now or in the past. Because of the reduction, which included a lift, my nipples are where they should be, but since I've lost weight, my boobs do feel and look flabbier. Also, most of the tissue is at the side if that makes any sense and I have a lot under my arms. Breast surgery will be my last priority, because my stomach and legs bother me more, but I would consider it if they look too bad. A good bra helps!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh, also, I spent most of my life wearing the wrong bra size.. Until I went to a local specialty shop and got a fitting. It was life changing. You really should consider it. I would suggest not going to places like Victoria's Secret though. They don't know how to properly fit you..

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

A few people have suggested to get a bra fitting. What is a good place to get one?

I’ve always had a good experience getting fitted at Nordstrom.

1 hour ago, kristieshannon said:

I’ve always had a good experience getting fitted at Nordstrom.

I have had good experience with bra fittings at Nordstrom, but I've had even better experience with bra fittings at local lingerie stores that specialize in mastectomy products as well. Unfortunately the one near me closed a few years ago. I agree with everyone who said to get a bra fitting. I haven't had surgery yet, but a number of years ago I lost 100 lbs and while I lost band size my breasts didn't get much smaller. I find underwires so uncomfortable that I just wear sports bras all the time now even though they look like crap...