Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At almost 9 months out do I still have to keep drinking so much Fluid? Does it ever get to the point where we don't have to do this? Can I drink less now?

I'm six years out and I'm still supposed to drink at least 64 oz of non-caffeinated Fluid a day.

Generally at least 2ltrs (or the equivalent in oz) is recommended, however, we do get some Fluid from foods. Some people need less some people need more.

Best way to tell if you are getting sufficient fluids is the colour of your pee, it should be pale yellow. It's difficult to tell though when taking Vitamins as they usually colour pee a dark yellow.

Everybody should always aim to drink 2litres/64oz of Water a day. We’re more than half water & should replenish it frequently. You need more in hotter climates, if you exercise & perspire a lot or if you drink lots of caffeinated drinks (they dehydrate you). When you feel thirsty you are actually already well on the path to dehydration. We were told your urine should be straw colour & the lighter the better.

I drink about 1500 ml but also consume water rich fruit & lettuce (lots of it) every day which ups my consumption. I truely pee all day & all night. Before surgery I used to drink at least 2litres but there was a lot more of me then.

Your skin & brain function improve & your blood is pumped around your body more easily all by keeping your Fluid levels up. Actually all your organs function better. (Back in the early 90s in Australia we began encouraging children to have bottles of water on their desks & to drink all day long to aid brain function & improve general health. It’s became a big societal change. People carry water with them everywhere now. Should have bought shares in water bottling & refillable bottle companies back then. 😉)

If I’m not well hydrated I have trouble swallowing food & develop choking phlegm in my throat & often dry retch now. My blood pressure drops & I feel weak.

16 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

I'm six years out and I'm still supposed to drink at least 64 oz of non-caffeinated Fluid a day.

Ok for some reason I thought it changed as you got further out.

16 hours ago, Hop_Scotch said:

Generally at least 2ltrs (or the equivalent in oz) is recommended, however, we do get some Fluid from foods. Some people need less some people need more.

Best way to tell if you are getting sufficient fluids is the colour of your pee, it should be pale yellow. It's difficult to tell though when taking Vitamins as they usually colour pee a dark yellow.

My pee color has always been clear or extremely light no matter how much or little I drink. I don't think that I can tell from just that alone.

12 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Everybody should always aim to drink 2litres/64oz of Water a day. We’re more than half Water & should replenish it frequently. You need more in hotter climates, if you exercise & perspire a lot or if you drink lots of caffeinated drinks (they dehydrate you). When you feel thirsty you are actually already well on the path to dehydration. We were told your urine should be straw colour & the lighter the better.

I drink about 1500 ml but also consume water rich fruit & lettuce (lots of it) every day which ups my consumption. I truely pee all day & all night. Before surgery I used to drink at least 2litres but there was a lot more of me then.

Your skin & brain function improve & your blood is pumped around your body more easily all by keeping your Fluid levels up. Actually all your organs function better. (Back in the early 90s in Australia we began encouraging children to have bottles of water on their desks & to drink all day long to aid brain function & improve general health. It’s became a big societal change. People carry water with them everywhere now. Should have bought shares in water bottling & refillable bottle companies back then. 😉)

If I’m not well hydrated I have trouble swallowing food & develop choking phlegm in my throat & often dry retch now. My blood pressure drops & I feel weak.

I only drink water or maybe tea a few times a year and that is it for drinks. I do eat cukes almost every day, and I started eating watermelon recently. I know that both of those have a lot of water content. I never thought about the phlegm in my throat (thought that was from allergies).