Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all, I am close to 9 months out and am wondering if anyone this far out still gets nauseous from time to time, and feel like they can't eat or drink.

Mostly happens at night during dinner. After dinner even if I don't eat that much, I start feeling sick. Sometimes I have to lay down. I can not drink anything after dinner time. I make sure I get all my Water in before that.

I still nauseous from time to time (i'm 2.5 years out) but its always because of too much sugar. Even worse when its too much sugar on an empty stomach.

Two years out & yep I do. Probably more I want to lie down versus nausea now often coupled with my restriction kicking in. It can happen when I go out to eat & eat a little too quickly or if I’m not fully hydrated. Sometimes it’s when what I’m eating isn’t sitting well. Had lunch with a fellow sleever this week & after lunch we both groaned & said I need to lie down. Quite funny actually. We both had an all day Keto Breakfast. I had some bacon for the first time in ages & I think it set me off. She said the last bite did her in.

20 hours ago, ms.sss said:

I still nauseous from time to time (i'm 2.5 years out) but its always because of too much sugar. Even worse when its too much sugar on an empty stomach.

I don't eat sugar so I know its not from that. I always eat slowly and eat small bites of food and chew completely. I am thinking of calling my docs office on Monday to see what they say about it.

12 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Two years out & yep I do. Probably more I want to lie down versus nausea now often coupled with my restriction kicking in. It can happen when I go out to eat & eat a little too quickly or if I’m not fully hydrated. Sometimes it’s when what I’m eating isn’t sitting well. Had lunch with a fellow sleever this week & after lunch we both groaned & said I need to lie down. Quite funny actually. We both had an all day Keto Breakfast. I had some bacon for the first time in ages & I think it set me off. She said the last bite did her in.

I haven't been out to eat since before my surgery. I eat very slowly, and always make sure I am hydrated so I know its not any of that stuff. I basically eat the same things every day so I am curious to see what its all about.

Too much sugar makes me feel crappy. If you still have your gallbladder, you might want to have it checked. Gallbladder disease will present with evening nausea for many people, and it's very common after rapid weight loss.

Yup. If I eat too fast. It comes on like a train and I feel like I’m going to barf. Seems to happen more when I get to talking a lot at a meal and forget to eat slow. Still have to concentrate even almost 3 years out.

3 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

Too much sugar makes me feel crappy. If you still have your gallbladder, you might want to have it checked. Gallbladder disease will present with evening nausea for many people, and it's very common after rapid weight loss.

I don't eat sugar. I had my gallbladder removed in 2012.

3 hours ago, Kris77 said:

Yup. If I eat too fast. It comes on like a train and I feel like I’m going to barf. Seems to happen more when I get to talking a lot at a meal and forget to eat slow. Still have to concentrate even almost 3 years out.

I eat slowly. So slow that everyone is done before me, and my food is always cold.

10 hours ago, HealthyLifeStyle said:

I haven't been out to eat since before my surgery. I eat very slowly, and always make sure I am hydrated so I know its not any of that stuff. I basically eat the same things every day so I am curious to see what its all about.

I’ve found that sometimes my tummy just says nope not today. I eat basically the same things every week but there are odd days when what I’ve eaten just goes straight through me. It could be exactly what I ate the day before or I’ve often been eating for weeks. I can even have it again in a day or so & no problem. I don’t eat spicy food because of a sensitivity/allergy so I can’t blame that.

Trying to eat slowly is more difficult when dining out. Your fellow diners have finished their meals & you’re barely a third through. Your chatting & focusing on your eating. Wait staff hover wanting to clear the table. Etc. That’s why I have problems then.

Aah, yes, cold food. I take 30 to 60 mins to eat so my meals always get cold. You get used to it but sometimes I reheat in the microwave.

Oh just remembered I used to be nauseous almost every day from my Multi Vitamins. (Don’t take them anymore.) took one in the morning & one at night after I ate which helped a little. Just a thought.

But if you’re concerned have a chat with your medical team.

Edited by Arabesque

19 hours ago, Arabesque said:

I’ve found that sometimes my tummy just says nope not today. I eat basically the same things every week but there are odd days when what I’ve eaten just goes straight through me. It could be exactly what I ate the day before or I’ve often been eating for weeks. I can even have it again in a day or so & no problem. I don’t eat spicy food because of a sensitivity/allergy so I can’t blame that.

Trying to eat slowly is more difficult when dining out. Your fellow diners have finished their meals & you’re barely a third through. Your chatting & focusing on your eating. Wait staff hover wanting to clear the table. Etc. That’s why I have problems then.

Aah, yes, cold food. I take 30 to 60 mins to eat so my meals always get cold. You get used to it but sometimes I reheat in the microwave.

Oh just remembered I used to be nauseous almost every day from my Multi Vitamins. (Don’t take them anymore.) took one in the morning & one at night after I ate which helped a little. Just a thought.

But if you’re concerned have a chat with your medical team.

Thanks for the info. I am going to call my nutritionist in the morning.