Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 minute ago, Tony B - NJ said:

Don't be discouraged. Look for things to keep you encouraged like fitting into different clothing or other non scale things that show you that you are making improvements. Everyone is different. You are not really on the high end of weight so some may have more to lose or have more Water weight that they lose at first that you may not have had. Water weight drops off quickly in the beginning so if you did not have that, it looks like you didn't lose as much, but effectively, you did. Try changing something...track your food on an app and BE HONEST with your entries. Don't use exercise calories saved as an excuse to eat more since you burned calories. If you stick to a 800 calorie diet AND burn exercise calories, SCIENCE will take over and you will lose weight faster. Also...ensure you are keeping your Protein up and taking Vitamins so you do not disturb your bodies balance.

I can honestly say that I am SLACKING on my Vitamins. I don't even have a good excuse. I have reminders on my phone and everything but for whatever reason, I forget to take them! Also water, I used to get in 64 oz + every day and since surgery, I'm somewhere in between 32- 48 daily. I have been working out more now that I got the green light so I hope to see more improvements with my body over the next couple of weeks. However, you're right. I've heard that those who didn't start out on the high end of weight tend to lose at a slower pace.

8 minutes ago, Monique1123 said:

I can honestly say that I am SLACKING on my Vitamins. I don't even have a good excuse. I have reminders on my phone and everything but for whatever reason, I forget to take them! Also Water, I used to get in 64 oz + every day and since surgery, I'm somewhere in between 32- 48 daily. I have been working out more now that I got the green light so I hope to see more improvements with my body over the next couple of weeks. However, you're right. I've heard that those who didn't start out on the high end of weight tend to lose at a slower pace.

Definitely get the water up. It is counterintuitive to drink water and expect to lose weight but if you do not then your body will store the water and hold the weight. Same with Vitamins and Protein, you have to feed it those things or it will put you into a stall. Before I started with all this I hardly drank any water at all, only coffee. I find it helpful to carry water wherever I am and to constantly take little nips of it. They make cups that alarm or set off a light if you are really bad at it. It is a necessary evil though.

So I’m at 6 weeks mark. And I’ve stalled! The dreaded stall. 😩

I’ve lost 31lbs in 6 weeks (including 10 pre op) My overall goal is 77lbs to be at target weight; so I’m not far off half way!

Is a 6 week stall common!?

I’m re-evaluating my diet, calorie intake, Protein intake and Water intake…

Constipation has now cleared! Thank god!! 🙏🏻

on the upside I have a 8 inch waist loss! Taking the wins!

any idea on what calorie; protein intake you guys are in about 6 weeks post op!?

thanks

Emma x

Hi everyone! I'm now almost eight weeks post op (5 July) and I've lost 15kg. I still find liquid and soft food easier to digest and find foods too rich... basically my body regects food quickly. I haven't come up with a good weight loss story yet, Keto seems believable...

Anyway nice to have a community xx

Today makes a month since the surgery.
I've been struggling with acid reflux during the night, it wakes me up--otherwise, I'm feeling fine.
I cannot eat more than 4 bites of anything. I'm living on Protein Shakes, Soup, and scrambled eggs. When I get to school I make the Jimmy Dean egg bowl that also has small bits of sausage and it takes me nearly the whole day to eat it. I take small bites here and there. I don't think I've ever eaten a whole one. But it has 19 grams of Protein. I can do that forever if I need to. I'm not the type that needs variety. Yesterday hubby cooked for the kids (they are 31 and 32). I had one fried shrimp, I had to eat it in 3 small bites. Maybe two fries.
I've read that my weight loss might be slower since I started out at less than 200. In my mind, that shouldn't matter. If a person goes to eating about 1/8th of what they used to eat --there should be more than a 4 pound loss in a month. This really seals it for me that without the surgery I certainly would have never lost anything.
They are delivering my Nordic Track Treadmill Tuesday. I will see if walking helps
TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS SINCE SURGERY 4 POUNDS. I am extremely discouraged.
Hey
I had my surgery a month ago too, and lost 6kg (11 lbs) the 3 first weeks. Now I am stalled since 2 weeks. I fell you, but in your case you may try to get more Liquid Protein.
Do not be discouraged, we'll loose this dawn weight even slowly we'll get there

Sent from my SM-G973W using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my sleeve on 7/27/21
HW: 130 kg
SW: 121kg
CW: 115 kg

The 3 first weeks I lost 6 kg. Now I am stalled since almost 2 weeks. I am patiently waiting for the weight lost to come back.
I had no nausea, gas reflux or any other problem after surgery, currently going back to a normal diet, my stomach seems to tolerate everything in little quantity.

3 hours ago, mngoulita said:

I had my sleeve on 7/27/21
HW: 130 kg
SW: 121kg
CW: 115 kg

The 3 first weeks I lost 6 kg. Now I am stalled since almost 2 weeks. I am patiently waiting for the weight lost to come back.
I had no nausea, gas reflux or any other problem after surgery, currently going back to a normal diet, my stomach seems to tolerate everything in little quantity.

Are you walking? Getting all your Protein? Drinking enough? Gotta be something that is not being done to explain the slow loss.

13 hours ago, eholmes89 said:

So I’m at 6 weeks mark. And I’ve stalled! The dreaded stall. 😩

I’ve lost 31lbs in 6 weeks (including 10 pre op) My overall goal is 77lbs to be at target weight; so I’m not far off half way!

Is a 6 week stall common!?

I’m re-evaluating my diet, calorie intake, Protein intake and Water intake…

constipation has now cleared! Thank god!! 🙏🏻

on the upside I have a 8 inch waist loss! Taking the wins!

any idea on what calorie; Protein intake you guys are in about 6 weeks post op!?

thanks

Emma x

Firstly, Congrats!!! 31 pounds is a great victory! It is very normal to experience a stall at that stage. Anywhere from week 2-week 6, most people experience their first stall. By re-evaluating, I wouldn't decrease your calories since I am sure you are eating less than 500-600 calories a day. Move around, up your protein and Water. Stalls can last anywhere from a week to a month (from what I read.) but keep in mind, majority of us experience them and they are a pain in the ass to break. Don't feel discouraged as your body is still healing and trying to catch up to your rapid weight loss. Give this time to stay off the scale and focus on your intakes in terms of water and protein.

I focus on 80g of protein (with collagen peptide powder and Fiber powder) 64 ounces of water (I despise water with a passion ugh) and my calories are anywhere from 500-600 a day as recommended by my NUT.

Good luck.

Edited by Kimchibar

16 minutes ago, Kimchibar said:

Firstly, Congrats!!! 31 pounds is a great victory! It is very normal to experience a stall at that stage. Anywhere from week 2-week 6, most people experience their first stall. By re-evaluating, I wouldn't decrease your calories since I am sure you are eating less than 500-600 calories a day. Move around, up your Protein and Water. Stalls can last anywhere from a week to a month (from what I read.) but keep in mind, majority of us experience them and they are a pain in the ass to break. Don't feel discouraged as your body is still healing and trying to catch up to your rapid weight loss. Give this time to stay off the scale and focus on your intakes in terms of Water and protein.

I focus on 80g of protein (with collagen peptide powder and Fiber powder) 64 ounces of water (I despise water with a passion ugh) and my calories are anywhere from 500-600 a day as recommended by my NUT.

Good luck.

I haven’t done much research on this because I like whey protein anyways but the Bariatric Advantage rep was on Facebook live with the nurse practitioner from my office during the online support group meeting and she said that whey is the most easily absorbed and mentioned collagen as one that is less absorbable. When they checked my Vitamins they also checked protein so I assume they will for you as well but if your protein is lower than expected the type of protein may be an issue. Just a heads up.

2 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

I haven’t done much research on this because I like whey Protein anyways but the Bariatric Advantage rep was on Facebook live with the nurse practitioner from my office during the online support group meeting and she said that whey is the most easily absorbed and mentioned collagen as one that is less absorbable. When they checked my Vitamins they also checked protein so I assume they will for you as well but if your protein is lower than expected the type of protein may be an issue. Just a heads up.

I take the collagen and fiber apart. I take these separate with collagen being 20g and fiber being 10g. My recommended dose of protein is 60-70g but I eat more then recommended since I do not eat much and I need the extra energy.

8 hours ago, Kimchibar said:

Firstly, Congrats!!! 31 pounds is a great victory! It is very normal to experience a stall at that stage. Anywhere from week 2-week 6, most people experience their first stall. By re-evaluating, I wouldn't decrease your calories since I am sure you are eating less than 500-600 calories a day. Move around, up your Protein and Water. Stalls can last anywhere from a week to a month (from what I read.) but keep in mind, majority of us experience them and they are a pain in the ass to break. Don't feel discouraged as your body is still healing and trying to catch up to your rapid weight loss. Give this time to stay off the scale and focus on your intakes in terms of Water and protein.

Good luck.

Hi Kim

Thanks for the above! I have the last few days really concentrated on protein and water intake! Although I’ve never really thought about collagen and peptide?
I have protein yoghurts (great for mixing my baricol vitamins) and if I’m lacking protein from my food that day I top up with a UFit Protein Shake. But will be sure to check out the ingredients.

your correct I am not looking to reduce calories if anything I wish I could increase! But it’s such a struggle as I’m still only really eating 2-3 tablespoons of food each meal. I have weighed myself today and a 1lb has gone! So I wonder if this is the start up again!

im away on holiday next week so I’m planning lots of walking, and packed the car with water and protein shakes! So i wonder if moving / exercising more as well should this help.

I have my follow up call with my surgeon today and will see what his thoughts are.

Thanks guys! It’s all just a journey and this is why I like discussing on here as everyone understands! 😊👍🏻

I am curious about collagen. This is the first post I saw it mentioned. What does it do and should I take it?

4 minutes ago, Tony B - NJ said:

I am curious about collagen. This is the first post I saw it mentioned. What does it do and should I take it?

collagen Peptides are great for skin and some take it in hopes it will help decrease excess skin. The only problem is that post surgery it may be a less absorbable form of Protein for us than whey protein I assume you can still use it you may just have to consume a bit more than what the package says to actually absorb what you need. I would ask your team.

On 8/27/2021 at 4:30 PM, eholmes89 said:

Hi Kim

Thanks for the above! I have the last few days really concentrated on Protein and Water intake! Although I’ve never really thought about collagen and peptide?
I have protein yoghurts (great for mixing my baricol vitamins) and if I’m lacking protein from my food that day I top up with a UFit Protein Shake. But will be sure to check out the ingredients.

your correct I am not looking to reduce calories if anything I wish I could increase! But it’s such a struggle as I’m still only really eating 2-3 tablespoons of food each meal. I have weighed myself today and a 1lb has gone! So I wonder if this is the start up again!

im away on holiday next week so I’m planning lots of walking, and packed the car with water and protein shakes! So i wonder if moving / exercising more as well should this help.

I have my follow up call with my surgeon today and will see what his thoughts are.

Thanks guys! It’s all just a journey and this is why I like discussing on here as everyone understands! 😊👍🏻

collagen peptide unflavored powder helps with nails, skin, and hair (hair loss is a huge issue with WLS patients) so many people take it to reduce Hair loss. It also has 10g of protein! you can mix it into your Protein Shakes as it's flavorless! I recommend it!

https://www.amazon.com/Collagen-Peptides-Grass-Fed-Certified-Friendly/dp/B00XQ2XGAA

I use this one with my coffee, shakes, etc.

Edited by Kimchibar

On 8/28/2021 at 12:53 PM, Kimchibar said:

collagen peptide unflavored powder helps with nails, skin, and hair (hair loss is a huge issue with WLS patients) so many people take it to reduce Hair loss. It also has 10g of protein! you can mix it into your Protein Shakes as it's flavorless! I recommend it!

https://www.amazon.com/Collagen-Peptides-Grass-Fed-Certified-Friendly/dp/B00XQ2XGAA

I use this one with my coffee, shakes, etc.

Thanks 🙏🏻

I have now started my collagen peptides! I am using one called Vital Proteins

https://www.vitalproteins.co.uk/collagen-peptides/12870151.html?affil=thggpsad&switchcurrency=GBP&shippingcountry=GB&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1dGJBhD4ARIsANb6OdnKnG8FpG_j4LhNsThH0mObVOFKcBEyDphr39MhKaB7BBjFCEknWbkaArFbEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

let’s see how this goes 👍🏻