Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes I have had loose stools due to the liquid diet. I just started full liquids and do we today.

12 hours ago, Nissi151 said:

Update on Surgery I had on July 19th.Not going to lie I was in so much gas pain and anything I drank burned going down..Was mostly on Morphine and anti nauseous medication ohh and sleeping.. Second day was easier. Was walking around, drinking more fluids and releasing the gas..I'm really thirsty but ill take it day by day. I was told my the team of doctors that it's best to have Decaf tea, Water and brooth until I slowly bring back the shakes.

Just take it easy, had mine on 6 July and it took tell today to get on foods. Thirsty is an understatement! Drink and yes after surgery it did burn going down

Hey, July Surgery People! For those that want to share-Let's do a stats check! ✔📉

How is your progress going? (NSV, inch loss, weight loss, pre or post op, phase.)

Good luck everyone! Hope things are going well for you! I can't wait to see everyone's updates! 😊

Surgery Status: Pre Op VSG (July 26th)

Phase: pre op diet week 2

Highest known weight: 291

Starting weight: 280

Current Weight: 271.7

Inch loss: (doing once a month, so I don't know loss yet)

NSV: not much yet, but some clothes seem a little more comfortable

10 minutes ago, Candace76 said:

Hey, July Surgery People! For those that want to share-Let's do a stats check! ✔📉

How is your progress going? (NSV, inch loss, weight loss, pre or post op, phase.)

Good luck everyone! Hope things are going well for you! I can't wait to see everyone's updates! 😊

Surgery Status: 1 week Post Op Today (surgery July 15). Feeling good, on Full liquids

Phase: Post-Op: Phase 2: Full Liquids

Highest Known weight: 283 lbs

Starting weight: 245

Surgery weight: 223

Current Weight: 214.2

Inch Loss: Haven't taken measurements but will start now.

NSV: wearing shorts today that I could not even zip up prior to surgery

'

Surgery Status: 2 weeks post op (13th July surgery date)

Phase: Post-Op: 2 weeks into a 4 week full liquid phase

Highest Known weight: 213lbs

Starting weight: 210lbs

Surgery weight: 200lbs

Current Weight: 192lbs

Inch Loss: haven’t checked, still very swollen around the tummy 😞

NSV: people have mentioned my face looks slimmer and my acne has almost disappeared 👍🏻

Right now my hubby and kids (I have older kids) are taking care of their own meals until I am cleared to eat a regular diet. I am nervous about when I will need to start cooking family meals again. Anyone have any tips on cooking for a family and yourself?

2 minutes ago, Bluebonnetgirl said:

Right now my hubby and kids (I have older kids) are taking care of their own meals until I am cleared to eat a regular diet. I am nervous about when I will need to start cooking family meals again. Anyone have any tips on cooking for a family and yourself?

Hi Bluebonnet

i have actually been cooking my partner and sons dinners for the past 3 days, I find it strangely therapeutic, because although it looks and smells amazing and I would love to eat it, because I’m not hungry it’s not bothering me as much.
If am feeling too tired to cook they will take over.
🙂

On 7/21/2021 at 12:09 PM, Nissi151 said:

Update on Surgery I had on July 19th.Not going to lie I was in so much gas pain and anything I drank burned going down..Was mostly on Morphine and anti nauseous medication ohh and sleeping.. Second day was easier. Was walking around, drinking more fluids and releasing the gas..I'm really thirsty but ill take it day by day. I was told my the team of doctors that it's best to have Decaf tea, Water and brooth until I slowly bring back the shakes.

Totally feel you! I was so thirsty for days! Especially as I couldn’t hold anything for down for two days and just vomited!
Now for some reason I can no longer drink just Water, it doesn’t stay down. I need to drink juice, or ice tea. But I’m managing about 1000ml of water a day at the moment. The struggle is with Protein Shakes and Soups, as I get full so quickly.
it really does get easier though as the days go on I promise. 👍🏻❤️

On 07/22/2021 at 11:35, Candace76 said:

Surgery Status: Post Op - surgery July 14th, 2021
Phase: 1 week post op as of yesterday! Recovering well so Dr said I could move on to soft foods 😊
Highest known weight: 218
Starting weight: 214
Current Weight: 193.2
Inch loss: I’m actually waiting for a new tape measurer because somehow the current one is telling me I gained more than when I was 218. Makes no sense .
NSV: It’s only been a week so I haven’t noticed much yet. I will say on FaceTime calls and photos my face looks much slimmer and family has asked if I’m losing weight cause I look slimmer.

Good luck Everyone!!

49 minutes ago, Candace76 said:

Ok

Highest weight 275

pre weight 256

Surgical weight 246

Now 227

Going well.

NSV in 38 from 44 so not to bad

54 minutes ago, Bluebonnetgirl said:

Thanks for asking this, as I am also worried about when I have to make food for my family & possibly something different for me. I would love to hear what others have done or what they plan on trying.

To get through the first 2 weeks after my surgery, I started cooking double size dinners & put half in freezer for my family to eat later. I think I may continue to do this when I cook, to cut down on some cooking time.

During the soft food stage, I will try to use the crock pot & instant pot to make meats (& veggies) cooked in broth, like stews, etc. That way we can all eat it.

When my family is having Pasta with meat sauce, I will try to use turkey instead of beef for all of us, and make spiral zucchini for me.

49 minutes ago, jasj65 said:

Ok

Highest weight 275

pre weight 256

Surgical weight 246

Now 227

Going well.

NSV in 38 from 44 so not to bad

Here you go!

Surgery Status: Post Op VSG (July 9th)

Phase: purred meals

Highest known weight: 255

Starting weight: 245

Surgery weight: 220

Current Weight: 206.4

Doing really good! 10,000+ steps every day! Back to work (wfh) after one week.

I just had my gastric bypass revised on the 20th

On 07/22/2021 at 08:57, eholmes89 said:

Hi Bluebonnet

i have actually been cooking my partner and sons dinners for the past 3 days, I find it strangely therapeutic, because although it looks and smells amazing and I would love to eat it, because I’m not hungry it’s not bothering me as much.

If am feeling too tired to cook they will take over.

🙂

Glad to hear I’m not the only one. I have been making my husband and daughter dinner every night and find it easy to do. Although I want to eat it it helps me learn to control my eating. My husband has offered to make them dinner so I don’t have to cook but I want them to have healthy meals and not just hotdogs and chicken strips (which I just tossed out) lol.