Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery on the 1st. Everything has been going fine and my doc moved me to purees.

Since I moved to purees its been tough to get more then 2 -3 spoons in without getting this ball in my chest feeling.

Also I don't know if I'm doing to much (bending down, picking things up) but my stomach (inside) just feels off.

Sorry for the rant just wanted to see if anyone else is feeling the same

Sent from my moto g stylus using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, ymelgard said:

I had my surgery on the 1st. Everything has been going fine and my doc moved me to purees.

Since I moved to purees its been tough to get more then 2 -3 spoons in without getting this ball in my chest feeling.

Also I don't know if I'm doing to much (bending down, picking things up) but my stomach (inside) just feels off.

It’s normal to feel pain. It’s your stomach saying it’s full

remember your readjusting your stomach. I had my operation on July 4th so only recently on purées also

On 7/19/2021 at 6:22 PM, SecondChance4Kelli said:

Hello All, I am scheduled for VSG tomorrow July 20th 2021. . In 2011 I had a lapband placed and did very well until I had complications/sepsis. I had emergency surgery in 2016 to have it removed. I am excited to have a second chance with the sleeve but a little nervous as well…..

Hey. How are you feeling? I was done today as well. A little sore. I had to do the overnight stay so I’m in my bed right now. Have a bit of a headache that doesn’t want to quit. And these gas pains are terrible. Overall not to bad.

Update on Surgery I had on July 19th.Not going to lie I was in so much gas pain and anything I drank burned going down..Was mostly on Morphine and anti nauseous medication ohh and sleeping.. Second day was easier. Was walking around, drinking more fluids and releasing the gas..I'm really thirsty but ill take it day by day. I was told my the team of doctors that it's best to have Decaf tea, Water and brooth until I slowly bring back the shakes.

1 hour ago, Nissi151 said:

Update on Surgery I had on July 19th.Not going to lie I was in so much gas pain and anything I drank burned going down..Was mostly on Morphine and anti nauseous medication ohh and sleeping.. Second day was easier. Was walking around, drinking more fluids and releasing the gas..I'm really thirsty but ill take it day by day. I was told my the team of doctors that it's best to have Decaf tea, Water and brooth until I slowly bring back the shakes.

It does get better with each day! Had my surgery on July 15 and was questioning what I had done the first few days but feeling better and starting Full liquids today. Don't rush it!

Edited by Bluebonnetgirl
Grammar

11 hours ago, ymelgard said:

Hey

I feel the exact same! I’m still on full liquid and even just a few sips of a Protein Shake I get this full feeling with a tight knot behind my chest bone!! Very annoying.

I guess it’s just the process while we get used to our new stomachs. But your not alone…

xx

I had my VSG on July 9. It's been going good so far. No issue with Water intake. Last Saturday I started pureed meals phase. YAY! It feels sooo good to finally taste some real food... 😋

This site is awesome and has many good recipes https://bariatricbits.com/bariatricnutrition/pureed-meals/

I tried them all! 😊

Tomorrow is my day. I'm not nervous AT ALL.

I've always looked for "signs." Like if there were bumps in the road as I was trying to do something, I tend to think it was God warning me not to do it. There have been no bumps -- so, I'm thinking God's got this. LOL

Today was all the phone calls from the people wanting their money, anesthesia and hospital. My debit card was declined even though I've got the amount needed. At first I thought it might be a sign --but guess what, the girl on the phone had VGS back in 2013. She just so happened to be my same weight and height at the time of her surgery. We talked and talked. So --I took that as a good sign. It turns out my bank puts a cap on how much you can debit in one day as a safety measure. I had to call the bank and tell them what was going on. Then they had to get approval. So it has taken all day to pay the hospital --but I'm expected there at 10:30 tomorrow.

School starts on the 9th of August. I'm hoping I will have had enough down time to teach without complications.

14 minutes ago, Soonlee_W said:

I've always looked for "signs." Like if there were bumps in the road as I was trying to do something, I tend to think it was God warning me not to do it. There have been no bumps -- so, I'm thinking God's got this. LOL

Today was all the phone calls from the people wanting their money, anesthesia and hospital. My debit card was declined even though I've got the amount needed. At first I thought it might be a sign --but guess what, the girl on the phone had VGS back in 2013. She just so happened to be my same weight and height at the time of her surgery. We talked and talked. So --I took that as a good sign. It turns out my bank puts a cap on how much you can debit in one day as a safety measure. I had to call the bank and tell them what was going on. Then they had to get approval. So it has taken all day to pay the hospital --but I'm expected there at 10:30 tomorrow.

School starts on the 9th of August. I'm hoping I will have had enough down time to teach without complications.

Good luck 🍀

11 minutes ago, Soonlee_W said:

Hi Soonlee,

I did the same thing! I looked for signs that GOD didn't want me to take this route and got nothing! So on July 12th, I had my surgery. It was awful the first 3 days due to the drugs they had me on. Once I got home, things got better fast. I've been back at work since Monday and I feel great. I make sure I have 3 Protein Drinks a day and a couple servings of Soup. Good luck of your surgery!

20 minutes ago, Soonlee_W said:

Wishing you lots of luck tomorrow! I hope you have an easy recovery & are ready to get back to teaching for August 9th!🥳

35 minutes ago, Soonlee_W said:

Good Luck! Looking forward to seeing your journey.

Just had mine on 6 July doing well. Developed mid back pain from weight loss but dr said today should go away in time down 26 pounds already

Edited by jasj65

Had mine on 6th and started foods today. Been having loose stools and oily too. Anyone else ? Dr said today that was normal since I’ve been on liquids for 15 days.