Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@Eholmes89

I hope this passes soon. Your post was 3 hours ago --are you feeling any better at all?

Today was a bit easier for the pre-op diet. I'm taking a course online and that has kept me busy and my mind off the fact that I can't eat anything.

There was a very brief moment when I thought about the fact that if I can stay on this diet, why get the surgery. Yes. That passed quickly because I know I wouldn't be able to maintain this forever. No diet has ever helped me keep any weight off.

My husband is being supportive. He's making Soup and eating his dinner (I'm sure it's Popeyes) before he gets home.

I'm trying to stay focused on the fact that I'll be able to tie my shoes and breathe at the same time. That at some point everything in my closet might fit me. That I might actually experience a time when I'm not embarrassed of my weight.

Today I got my "SouperCubes" in the mail.

image.jpeg.f3356473c9a642c99a7e8f6b98472594.jpeg

13 hours ago, Mama Des said:

Hi I’m waiting for my surgery right now. Today 7/14/21. I’m scared and nervous and excited

Mine was today too! How you feeling ???

Eholmes88 - I hope things get easier for you. So sorry you are having difficulty keeping things down.

Monique1123 & Mama Des- I hope you are both recovering nicely.

Soonlee_W- Glad pre op diet was easier today!

3 hours ago, wlh75 said:

Surgery was scheduled for 7/17 & today 7/14 I got a call from central scheduling & my Dr's office that the hospital is under staffed & has no beds.... What a sad day...

wlh75- Sorry this happened to you, it must be very frustrating, especially when you wanted to get it done before school. I hope that you are able to get a new date close to your old one.

On 7/13/2021 at 1:54 PM, Candace76 said:

Good luck, Maribelle76! Keep is updated!🤗

Thank you! The surgery went well. I didn't even need to use any of the pain relief from the little button. I was having a lot of problems with nausea though so they kept me very medicated. I got to come home today and I have been taking it easy. I'm still feeling nauseous but not as bad as before. I'm nervous about trying to take any of these pills (they are all optional) because I'm supposed to crush them and I'm worried that the bad taste will make me throw up. Other than that though I'm feeling fine. Can't wait to get past this point. Have no interest in food whatsoever right now.

2 minutes ago, Maribelle76 said:

Thank you! The surgery went well. I didn't even need to use any of the pain relief from the little button. I was having a lot of problems with nausea though so they kept me very medicated. I got to come home today and I have been taking it easy. I'm still feeling nauseous but not as bad as before. I'm nervous about trying to take any of these pills (they are all optional) because I'm supposed to crush them and I'm worried that the bad taste will make me throw up. Other than that though I'm feeling fine. Can't wait to get past this point. Have no interest in food whatsoever right now.

Glad that you weren't in much pain & I hope the nausea symptoms improve.🤗

55 minutes ago, Maribelle76 said:

Hey Maribelle !
I had my surgery today too. Do you have any gas pains ? That’s my main issue right now . I read about some people having issues when they swallow but that was more so in their chest. For me, when I swallow it goes down fine and like 10 seconds later I get this burning sensation in my stomach and leg out this super tiny burp . I got up to my rom around 4:30/5 and have done about 6-7 laps up to now . That’s my only issue right now .

Just an update on how I am feeling now! Finally the vomiting has stopped! I am now able to hold down Water and the oral meds!

I do however need to learn when my pouch is full as I have had the dreaded ‘foamies’ a few times.
I think most the wind/gas has now gone and just pain around incisions and tender tummy.

Due to some complications with my stomach and additional swellings I am not allowed Protein Shakes until Saturday, but can have Protein water now. So feeling quite tired.

I did have moments of doubt yesterday, but feel much better today.

😊👍🏻

3 hours ago, MadSuccessful said:

Hi Everyone, My name Mario. My surgery July 16 9:30am so I’m almost there! Pretty hype and ready to rock and roll.

Good luck Mario! 😊

5 hours ago, MadSuccessful said:

Hi Everyone, My name Mario. My surgery July 16 9:30am so I’m almost there! Pretty hype and ready to rock and roll.

Welcome, Mario. Good luck on the 16th. I hope everything goes well.🍀🥳

2 hours ago, eholmes89 said:

Just an update on how I am feeling now! Finally the vomiting has stopped! I am now able to hold down Water and the oral meds!

That's great that you are feeling better. I hope you continue to improve so you can get more Protein in & hopefully that will help with the energy. 😊

Today is the day! Headed to the hospital for my surgery. So nervous and excited.