Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is scheduled for 7.14.21! I'm so excited and nervous. Especially because Day 1 of my liquid diet starts tomorrow (JULY 4TH) where I will be surrounded by hot dogs, burgers, and alcohol. lol

On 5/30/2021 at 1:51 AM, Seija said:

I have my VSG booked for 27th July -- impatiently counting down the days 📆🤩 Meanwhile I am doing all the research I can on how to best prepare myself mentally for this huge change.

What is everyone else up to in these exciting weeks before? @MoreThanWords @Steveo2ray @CzarinaQ @motherofboys @LizzLosingIt @Sammys_VSG_Evolution @laurenantics @Karriekuddles

Mine is also July 27th. I am going to Endobariatrics in Mexico. I have been on a "food parade", taking in all of my favorites before I can't have then anymore. I think I in doing all of this, I am making the pre-op harder on myself, but I do realize this is not an option after July 12. When does your pre-op start and where are you having your surgery?

45 minutes ago, Monique1123 said:

My surgery is scheduled for 7.14.21! I'm so excited and nervous. Especially because Day 1 of my liquid diet starts tomorrow (JULY 4TH) where I will be surrounded by hot dogs, burgers, and alcohol. lol

I am worried about the liquid diet too! I've been reading that the first 3 days are the worst, and after that it gets easier? I"m sorry you have to start on a day being surrounded by food, but I suppose post surgery, this will be our path?

20 minutes ago, Laura SK said:

Mine is also July 27th. I am going to Endobariatrics in Mexico. I have been on a "food parade", taking in all of my favorites before I can't have then anymore. I think I in doing all of this, I am making the pre-op harder on myself, but I do realize this is not an option after July 12. When does your pre-op start and where are you having your surgery?

I’m on the food parade too!! My surgery is July 20th and my liquid diet starts the 6th. So I’m having my favorite foods and bc I will be on a soft or puréed diet for my 40th bday we are celebrating with a cake this weekend. However going shopping for my liquids is going to be a reality check I’m sure!!!

1 minute ago, Jeseca832 said:

I’m on the food parade too!! My surgery is July 20th and my liquid diet starts the 6th. So I’m having my favorite foods and bc I will be on a soft or puréed diet for my 40th bday we are celebrating with a cake this weekend. However going shopping for my liquids is going to be a reality check I’m sure!!!

I started shopping for my pre and 1st week post-op as well. I may be eating all the food now, but I figured the more pro-active I am in preparing for the things I need starting 7/12 the better I will be. I realize that planning has GOT to become part of my process with food. It's the not planning that leads me to eat the wrong food, and that's how I got to this point. Good luck with your surgery, keep us posted on how you do!

3 minutes ago, Laura SK said:

I started shopping for my pre and 1st week post-op as well. I may be eating all the food now, but I figured the more pro-active I am in preparing for the things I need starting 7/12 the better I will be. I realize that planning has GOT to become part of my process with food. It's the not planning that leads me to eat the wrong food, and that's how I got to this point. Good luck with your surgery, keep us posted on how you do!

I waited until last minute. But I’ve been trying to mentally prepare by looking at stuff and making a list of things I could have. Good luck to you as well!! I will you as well!!

3 hours ago, Laura SK said:

I am worried about the liquid diet too! I've been reading that the first 3 days are the worst, and after that it gets easier? I"m sorry you have to start on a day being surrounded by food, but I suppose post surgery, this will be our path?

Yeah it's going to be super hard especially because it's being held at my cousin's house who has a pool and everyone knows the pool makes you hungryyyy 😞 !! You're right, this is our path. My motivation is the nerves and fear that I have to wear a bathing suit tomorrow vs how I great I will feel and look next year.

Day 4 of pre op diet and I'm soooo hungry!

13 minutes ago, mawkyrn1 said:

My surgery date is July 12 very anxious.

Mine is July 15 and I am getting anxious as well. I am just remembering why I am doing this and trying to focus on the positives, but sometimes I have moments of panic. Are you doing anything special to remain focused and calm?

Edited by Bluebonnetgirl

Tomorrow is my last day of work before surgery. Then Tuesday I'll be having a lunch/shopping date with a friend, and Wednesday is my day of Clear Liquids only.... its getting close!!!! I have to find some non red sugar free popsicles and gatorade for Wednesday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, mawkyrn1 said:

My surgery date is July 12 very anxious.

Mine is the 12th, too. Today some dread creeped in. I’m skerd. But not enough to not follow through.

July 2nd !!