Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 hours ago, Danni131600 said:

July 12th. Freaking out Bc I have to start my no starch diet soon.

We're twinzies! I'm doing July 12th as well. I have my pre-op appointment tomorrow. EEK!

July 13 RNY here in Texas!!!! I’m nervous and excited. Nervous Bc I never thought of this. I just found out that I was a candidate 4 months ago and now I’m schedule for a life changing procedure.

sorry - wrong thread!

Edited by katie1974

On 5/19/2021 at 1:36 AM, Sammys_VSG_Evolution said:

Hi everyone!

My surgery is scheduled for July 22nd. 🎉

Is there anyone else that has their surgery booked in for July already?

Hi Other July Surgery People!😊👋

My VSG surgery is booked for July 26th. I have met with the nutritionist, done my bloodwork & next I have to get clearance from my cardiologist (murmur & hypertension). My pre op class is on the 6th, it will be nice to hopefully meet some other people getting surgery there. Then on the 19th I see my endocrinologist (PCOS, hashimoto/hypothyroidism, pre-diabetes).

In the next few weeks I will continue to research & plan for the surgery and the food plans. I like watching YouTube videos of other people who have gone through the surgery, and looking at recipes or shopping lists. I started journaling, habit tracking, and logging my food (which I still need to get more consistent with).

I might start replacing one meal a day with a Protein Shake. Definitely need to work on getting more Water in!

I have not really told many people of my surgery plans, yet. I am totally fine with being open about it, but my weight is my least favorite subject, so I just haven't felt like sharing with everyone just yet.

Wishing everyone the best on this amazing journey we will be on! 🤗 It will be great to hear everyone's updates as they go through the different stages of this process. It is nice to have other people to be in this together with. 😁

1 hour ago, Candace76 said:

Hi Other July Surgery People!😊👋

My VSG surgery is booked for July 26th. I have met with the nutritionist, done my bloodwork & next I have to get clearance from my cardiologist (murmur & hypertension). My pre op class is on the 6th, it will be nice to hopefully meet some other people getting surgery there. Then on the 19th I see my endocrinologist (PCOS, hashimoto/hypothyroidism, pre-diabetes).

In the next few weeks I will continue to research & plan for the surgery and the food plans. I like watching YouTube videos of other people who have gone through the surgery, and looking at recipes or shopping lists. I started journaling, habit tracking, and logging my food (which I still need to get more consistent with).

I might start replacing one meal a day with a Protein Shake. Definitely need to work on getting more Water in!

I have not really told many people of my surgery plans, yet. I am totally fine with being open about it, but my weight is my least favorite subject, so I just haven't felt like sharing with everyone just yet.

Wishing everyone the best on this amazing journey we will be on! 🤗 It will be great to hear everyone's updates as they go through the different stages of this process. It is nice to have other people to be in this together with. 😁

I too wasn’t sure about telling people because I was certain they’d judge me, think it was “the easy way out” or suggest things like “accept yourself, go to a gym, have you tried…” etc. My friends and family have all been supremely supportive and excited for me. My girlfriends are excited to go shopping with me in earnest (they’re straight sized and though I join them, I’m a bystander or buy shoes and accessories) and my cousins are ecstatic and so supportive. I’m so grateful.

also, who are your favorite youtubers?

37 minutes ago, LizzLosingIt said:

I too wasn’t sure about telling people because I was certain they’d judge me, think it was “the easy way out” or suggest things like “accept yourself, go to a gym, have you tried…” etc. My friends and family have all been supremely supportive and excited for me. My girlfriends are excited to go shopping with me in earnest (they’re straight sized and though I join them, I’m a bystander or buy shoes and accessories) and my cousins are ecstatic and so supportive. I’m so grateful.

also, who are your favorite youtubers?

Thanks, LizzLosingIt. I am glad that you have such a great support system. My parents, sister, & husband were first to know and they have all been amazingly supportive. 💗 I recently told one friend and plan on telling another friend this weekend. I believe & hope everyone will be supportive. I am sure there is always at least one person that has to be negative🙄, but I usually find that it isn't someone I would seek advice from anyway. 🤷‍♀️

The YouTuber that I have seen the most of is Erin from My Level 10 Life. I saw many of her videos, & she was the first one I started watching. She has tons of content. I have also seen a few from Amber A'liyaa, Lindsey Val, Time to Shrink, Kimberly H., & The Chic & Savvy Belle. They all have tips I found useful. It is interesting to see their journey & progress. There transformations are inspiring. I also watched a few videos of doctors perform the surgery.

Do you (or any other July People) have YouTubers that you watch?

Also, has anyone found recipes they might want to try for the puree/ soft food stage? Or websites they like for recipes?

Original surgery date was in June but rescheduled for July 12-woohoo! Good luck to you all and I'm looking forward to following everyone's progress. Oh and a big shoutout to Candace76 I'm gonna look up those YouTubers, thanks :)