Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Emotionally roller coaster:

Yesterday I was so upset! I didn't blow my top but I wanted to. I finally ended up taking my anxiety meds and calling it a day. Today I'm super depressed.

Anyone else running the gamut of emotions?

22 minutes ago, Iluvbats said:

Yesterday I was so upset! I didn't blow my top but I wanted to. I finally ended up taking my anxiety meds and calling it a day. Today I'm super depressed.

I found myself depressed the first few days after surgery. Preparing for surgery was really intense, with lots of appointments and tasks to complete. Then afterwards, nothing to do but wait and heal. It was kind of a letdown.

I'm a singer, and the same thing happens to me after a big performance, no matter how well it went. Rehearse, get psyched up, rehearse some more, perform, then nothing else to do.

1 hour ago, Iluvbats said:

I'm sorry you had a bad day! If it makes you feel any better, I took a Xan myself today, lol. It just seemed overwhelming! Not anything to do with the surgery or eating, just LIFE. It WILL get better! I think it happens to all of us. We get in a "routine" to adapt to "eating like this" for so many days, then we have to change it to another way of eating, Vitamin taking, Water, Protein intake, bowel monitoring. I am 17 days out and still have some days that I feel FINE, then like today, "enough pain for Tylenol". But the GOOD news is, the dr told me yesterday that this pain WILL go away THIS week :)

Edited by Tripletsmom1971

Today marked my one month sleeve-versary! I’ve lost from 1-3 inches throughout my body. The scale has been stuck for a while for me. My nutritionist told me I’m not getting in enough Protein so it’ll be hard to support fat loss. I like focusing on fat loss instead of weight loss. My greatest struggle is getting enough Fiber to support healthy bowels. I get bloated sometimes. Still navigating through learning my hunger and full cues. My scars are almost invisible! I’m so impressed with the overall surgery. I’m looking forward to more consistent results.
Hope you all are doing well!

June 13h

17 hours ago, Dave In Houston said:

I found myself depressed the first few days after surgery. Preparing for surgery was really intense, with lots of appointments and tasks to complete. Then afterwards, nothing to do but wait and heal. It was kind of a letdown.

I'm a singer, and the same thing happens to me after a big performance, no matter how well it went. Rehearse, get psyched up, rehearse some more, perform, then nothing else to do.

Ive been pretty good staying positive and focusing on non scale victories like walking every day but this week has been a doozy for emotions.

Oh my! What kind of songs do you sing? I wish I could sing. Do you get stage fright?

On 07/08/2021 at 10:25, sal-wa said:

June 13h

How are you feeling???

On 7/8/2021 at 1:00 AM, Tripletsmom1971 said:

You go girl with all that activity!! I had my 2 week check up yesterday. All is well she said. I too was taken OFF the blood pressure med! She said all my levels/tests they took in surgery were all good! No liver problems. My weight was down 9 pounds since surgery ( 15 days). But I’m ok with being a ‘slow loser’, as long as it’s headed DOWN! I too need to hide the scale! My calories are around the same, 450-500, I have to get them up a little. She kept me off work for 2 more weeks, to make sure I was healed 8 still have ‘pulling/burning’ sensation when I move/reach/stretch wrong. She did say all THAT would be gone within the next week. I was very relieved to hear that. That’s what I was worried about going back to work with. shakes are my main Protein, thankfully I didn’t lose my taste for them. As far as food goes, I measure it out, and can get in 1/2 comfortably. I haven’t ate anything that made my new tummy angry yet, I’m sure I will soon with introducing new foods though. I want some chicken, canned, grilled ( not fried) , something to CHEW! Lol

Well done on being off blood pressure meds! yay. glad all ur results came back good and u were able to find out about that pulling sensation! my brother and his fiancé can over unexpectedly tonight. I haven't told them and they said we are having dinner together, quite scary, they bought me takeaways that I use to love, so i tried them. managed to eat one jalapeno popper and about three hot chips before I was done, that was terrifying, felt a bit sick afterwards but managed to keep everything down. I wont be doing that again anytime soon haha, but it was nice to know I can eat different things if I want. Wish I could have had more though, I miss jalapenos... and I have all the leftovers from tonight, might try some for lunch tomorow

On 7/8/2021 at 9:30 AM, Iluvbats said:

Hell yes! Ive cried more this week than i have in the last year, its so strange im flying high then hitting rock bottom generally over nothing as well

Im also finding myself bored and I dont like it. did an hour on the treadmill (3x20min sessions) which might have been a bit to much but aside from making sure im taking all my Vitamins and getting all my fluids theres nothing to do! its the middle of winter here so that makes things a little bit tougher when its raining so often. need ideas to keep me busy

On 7/8/2021 at 10:34 AM, Iluvbats said:

Oh my! What kind of songs do you sing? I wish I could sing. Do you get stage fright?

I sing in a gospel quartet and a barbershop quartet. I have the most fun in those 2 groups. I get to sing harmony, and the singers are good. I also sing in the church choir and from time to time I sing a solo in church.

I haven't had stage fright for a long time. I guess if I can't see the audience because the house is really dark and the lights are really bright, I might still have a bit of nerves, but I forget about it because it's so much fun.

How is everyone coming along since surgery? How much weight have you lost? How are you feeling?

On 7/7/2021 at 9:21 PM, t0bell@ said:

Today marked my one month sleeve-versary! I’ve lost from 1-3 inches throughout my body. The scale has been stuck for a while for me. My nutritionist told me I’m not getting in enough Protein so it’ll be hard to support fat loss. I like focusing on fat loss instead of weight loss. My greatest struggle is getting enough Fiber to support healthy bowels. I get bloated sometimes. Still navigating through learning my hunger and full cues. My scars are almost invisible! I’m so impressed with the overall surgery. I’m looking forward to more consistent results.
Hope you all are doing well!

I’m 3 weeks post op. Water and Protein, the two most important things for healing, and I can’t meet any of those goals. Today I’m focusing on getting in 80g protein. I have to eat my protein because the shakes make me sick. Tomorrow I’m scheduled for an IV because I know I’m dehydrated and I can’t drink enough to recover. For Fiber, I bought Costco’s brand of benefiber. I’m hoping that will help regulate my BMs.

I’m happy to hear your scars are disappearing!! Good luck getting in your protein!

1 hour ago, Aliana Wood said:

How is everyone coming along since surgery? How much weight have you lost? How are you feeling?

I’m 18 days post op.
Since surgery I’ve lost 16lbs. In the last week I’ve lost 3 lbs.
Pros: clothes are looser or fit better. I see a change in my body from losing 31lbs. I can eat soft foods! Found my new tummy likes fresh tuna filets, chicken salad (canned chicken), avocado, and shrimp. Learning to eat very slow. I go for 2 mile walks everyday and feel great when done.

Cons: I miss eating at parties or with the family. I’m fatigued. I’ve gotten 4 bags of IV since surgery. I’m dehydrated because I can’t drink enough Water as my body is used to having a gallon a day pre surgery. I can’t eat enough Protein because of the restriction makes me full. shakes make me sick. Constipated.

I am overall happy with my my results. The cons are temporary and I know within a few days or weeks, it’ll pass. For my 6 month wls celebration, we’re planning on going to French Polynesia and I’m surfing the web shopping for swimsuits two sizes smaller. The health benefits will be seen when I get a blood test in month 3.

How are you?