Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Learning every day:

Well, this is certainly a rollercoaster of emotions to say the least. I think I am in mourning for the way I used to eat. Trying to learn how to retrain my brain not to eat as much as it thinks it can eat. My new Tummy rebelled against me for a couple of days. I had dumping syndrome and vomiting (not on the same day) but it was pretty intense. I still think I can eat a whole egg in one sitting and I can't. I still think I can go out to eat and I can't (yet). My whole day seems to be consumed by trying to get the Vitamins in and other meds I take because I can't take them all at once like I used to do. There are so many things I "can't" do but let me tell you what I can do... I can walk! I can sleep without sleeping pills! I don't need my diabetes meds! The pain in my knees and hips is subsiding. I don't have to sit down after 10 minutes of activity.

Indeed, the future looks BRIGHT!!!

I know how you feel I felt the same way about the ‘vitamins, rules, how am I going to get this Water in, how am I going to get these calories in’, it all feels like too much. That was about a week ago, I guess it just takes time for us to ‘adjust’ to this new living. But YES, our futures are BRIGHT! I walked 3 miles this am, without stopping, in 61 minutes. I felt so accomplished. I am a ‘big Walker’ normally, but since surgery, I haven’t been. I felt NORMAL again!

13 hours ago, Iluvbats said:

Learning every day:

Well, this is certainly a rollercoaster of emotions to say the least. I think I am in mourning for the way I used to eat. Trying to learn how to retrain my brain not to eat as much as it thinks it can eat. My new Tummy rebelled against me for a couple of days. I had dumping syndrome and vomiting (not on the same day) but it was pretty intense. I still think I can eat a whole egg in one sitting and I can't. I still think I can go out to eat and I can't (yet). My whole day seems to be consumed by trying to get the Vitamins in and other meds I take because I can't take them all at once like I used to do. There are so many things I "can't" do but let me tell you what I can do... I can walk! I can sleep without sleeping pills! I don't need my diabetes meds! The pain in my knees and hips is subsiding. I don't have to sit down after 10 minutes of activity.

Indeed, the future looks BRIGHT!!!

Aw I needed this today - was having a wobble about my newly wired body and having to wait between drinking and eating feels a full time job. After a few weeks of low pain, my fibromyalgia has flared up a little (weird weather pressure and lots of stormy rain in the UK this week) and I've got the grumps.. but really I have done SO MUCH WALKING this last week. So much. No wonder I'm a bit tired haha. Really appreciate your positive reminder 😊

14 hours ago, Tripletsmom1971 said:

I know how you feel I felt the same way about the ‘vitamins, rules, how am I going to get this Water in, how am I going to get these calories in’, it all feels like too much. That was about a week ago, I guess it just takes time for us to ‘adjust’ to this new living. But YES, our futures are BRIGHT! I walked 3 miles this am, without stopping, in 61 minutes. I felt so accomplished. I am a ‘big Walker’ normally, but since surgery, I haven’t been. I felt NORMAL again!

That is EXCELLENT! Go you!

4 hours ago, Shrink&Grow said:

Aw I needed this today - was having a wobble about my newly wired body and having to wait between drinking and eating feels a full time job. After a few weeks of low pain, my fibromyalgia has flared up a little (weird weather pressure and lots of stormy rain in the UK this week) and I've got the grumps.. but really I have done SO MUCH WALKING this last week. So much. No wonder I'm a bit tired haha. Really appreciate your positive reminder 😊

I LOVE to walk. I do miss the UK countryside but Tucson is a beautiful place too. Yesterday I was able to walk 1 1/2 miles for the first time in years and I know that if we can just achieve one positive thing a day it will all add up to success.

Congratulations on all your hard work! What an achievement!

Hey y’all- day 6 here & feeling great. No incision pain, just normal bruising discomfort. I haven’t needed prescription pain meds at all, just Tylenol. No stomach pain, but taking small sips. Only challenge is I ended up with thrush- yuck! But got medicine for that and it’s fine. Cannot stand Protein Shakes anymore, so mostly living off of Soup with unflavored Protein Powder mixed in. No problem getting enough Protein & Water. I’ve been using the Baritastic app and it’s perfect- I often have more water & protein than I realize.

6 days post op and still haven’t pooped. Anyone help plz???? Is this ok? When u have one finally does it hurt? I just took myralax to help. I had rny done and I’m still in a lot of pain from my left insicion site. So hard to push out.

1 minute ago, JessieShips83 said:

6 days post op and still haven’t pooped. Anyone help plz???? Is this ok? When u have one finally does it hurt? I just took myralax to help. I had rny done and I’m still in a lot of pain from my left insicion site. So hard to push out.

I went day 7. It wasn't terrible but not great. My doctor has me on Miralax plus colace twice a day and I have been going regularly since the 1st one.

2 minutes ago, JessieShips83 said:

Oh man, I had a hard time too!!! It was awful! Finally I asked Hubby to get me milk of magnesia......bliss arrived within hours and I have been regular ever since ....try not to push too much!!

I can't remember if I mentioned it here or not, but I'm off of my blood pressure medication! Super happy as that was one of my goals. I am down to 246lbs as of today as well, so 19lbs lost since surgery on the 8th. I hit my 4 week mark and am now getting to reintroduce some soft foods, which I am loving. I can say that I now understand people mentioning certain things, such as chicken, sitting in the stomach like a rock. lunch today was 4 pieces of deli turkey and two slices of cheese, and dinner was a tiny bit of shredded rotisserie chicken, with a little bit of feta cheese and some buffalo hot sauce. Most my Protein for the day is still coming from liquids though. I am finding it hard to get enough protein from food alone, mostly because I don't feel like I can eat frequently yet. It takes quite a long time after eating for the "full" feeling to go away. So between that and drinking Water constantly, I just don't feel like I have the time to eat more actual food.

5 hours ago, JessieShips83 said:

I always recommend talking to a doctor first. That being said, Miralax has always helped me. I have IBS and use to tend towards Constipation to where I had to take Miralax daily. Since surgery I've actually evened out a lot and haven't had to take it. Hopefully you feel better soon. Don't push to hard and give yourself a hernia or hemorrhoid!

@Tripletsmom1971mmmm mashed potatoes, girl after my own heart. Hopefully your follow up with be great!

I've decided I'm just going to do what I want to (within reason) so started some gardening and mowing of lawns today, what would normally take me an hour took three with breaks in between and right now I don't hurt as much as I thought I would so going to keep increasing housework and do other half of gardening and lawns tomorrow. When deciding and preparing for this life changing event I didnt think to consider I would have to be searching for information myself instead of being told by doctors. Live and learn I think with our emotions they are going to be all over the place for awhile! Ive also decided to hide my scales (I actually took out the batteries and everything) and only weigh myself once a month. otherwise I would be weighing myself daily and keep getting disappointed Im sure more than once or twice, going to weigh myself on the 21st of every month =] I have ordered my Vitamins, didnt even know I was suppose to be taking them already until I read on the internet I should have started at week 3, woopsie hopefully they arrive soon! Im getting in my Water and Protein (from shakes and whey) but not getting enough calories in only at around 550 I have to try harder but still can only eat just over a tablespoon at lunch going to have to think of something there.

Edited by bumblebee13

5 hours ago, SunnyinSC said:

I can't remember if I mentioned it here or not, but I'm off of my blood pressure medication!

Congratulations!!!

On 07/07/2021 at 03:11, bumblebee13 said:

@Tripletsmom1971mmmm mashed potatoes, girl after my own heart. Hopefully your follow up with be great!

I've decided I'm just going to do what I want to (within reason) so started some gardening and mowing of lawns today, what would normally take me an hour took three with breaks in between and right now I don't hurt as much as I thought I would so going to keep increasing housework and do other half of gardening and lawns tomorrow. When deciding and preparing for this life changing event I didnt think to consider I would have to be searching for information myself instead of being told by doctors. Live and learn I think with our emotions they are going to be all over the place for awhile! Ive also decided to hide my scales (I actually took out the batteries and everything) and only weigh myself once a month. otherwise I would be weighing myself daily and keep getting disappointed Im sure more than once or twice, going to weigh myself on the 21st of every month =] I have ordered my Vitamins, didnt even know I was suppose to be taking them already until I read on the internet I should have started at week 3, woopsie hopefully they arrive soon! Im getting in my Water and Protein (from shakes and whey) but not getting enough calories in only at around 550 I have to try harder but still can only eat just over a tablespoon at lunch going to have to think of something there.

You go girl with all that activity!! I had my 2 week check up yesterday. All is well she said. I too was taken OFF the blood pressure med! She said all my levels/tests they took in surgery were all good! No liver problems. My weight was down 9 pounds since surgery ( 15 days). But I’m ok with being a ‘slow loser’, as long as it’s headed DOWN! I too need to hide the scale! My calories are around the same, 450-500, I have to get them up a little. She kept me off work for 2 more weeks, to make sure I was healed 8 still have ‘pulling/burning’ sensation when I move/reach/stretch wrong. She did say all THAT would be gone within the next week. I was very relieved to hear that. That’s what I was worried about going back to work with. shakes are my main Protein, thankfully I didn’t lose my taste for them. As far as food goes, I measure it out, and can get in 1/2 comfortably. I haven’t ate anything that made my new tummy angry yet, I’m sure I will soon with introducing new foods though. I want some chicken, canned, grilled ( not fried) , something to CHEW! Lol