Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My bypass on June 30th went very well & I returned home a day later. I'm catching up on sleep & doing my homework: staying hydrated, walking, doing the breathing exercises & getting in some Protein.< br />
The staff at the hospital were wonderful, very reassuring & caring, & now that my gas pain is dissipating, I only have a little soreness in the the upper abdomen which is easily kept at bay with Tylenol.

If you have an upcoming surgery, please know that it's been much easier than I anticipated. Blessings to you for a wonderful weekend & journey.

Thank you! And same to you!!! Keep in touch!

16 hours ago, BeaUTAHful said:

Anyone else having a rough time? I had surgery on June 22nd and even though the surgery went great I had to stay two nights because I couldn’t get off oxygen. Anesthesia is something I struggle with so this wasn’t too big of a surprise. I was home for 3 days before I ended up back in the hospital. After countless tests and a CT scan they found an air pocket pushing on my lungs making it hard to breath. I’ve been home now for two days and today was terrible. I experienced the stuck food feeling, terrible tummy/bathroom issues and overall sadness. I’m sure it doesn’t help that the entire time I was in the hospital no one gave me my thyroid medication or antidepressants. I’m feeling a lot of regret and never in a million years did I think I would feel this way.

I'm sorry to hear it's been going so poorly so far. I haven't experienced the same problems, but I can say that the problems I did experience got better as I adjusted, and as time passed. I was lucky in that the hospital had a list of my medications and they gave me my antidepressants and blood pressure medications when appropriate.

That being said, feeling regret within the first few weeks of surgery does seem to be pretty common on these forums at least. The good news is that regret also seems to be temporary, especially once people can start eating more normal foods. I hope you start feeling better soon!

1 hour ago, SunnyinSC said:

I'm sorry to hear it's been going so poorly so far. I haven't experienced the same problems, but I can say that the problems I did experience got better as I adjusted, and as time passed. I was lucky in that the hospital had a list of my medications and they gave me my antidepressants and blood pressure medications when appropriate.

That being said, feeling regret within the first few weeks of surgery does seem to be pretty common on these forums at least. The good news is that regret also seems to be temporary, especially once people can start eating more normal foods. I hope you start feeling better soon!

Yes!!! It's definitely a struggle! In fact, if anyone dare suggest to me that I took the easy way out or this surgery is easy, I'm going to have to pray for strength not to give them a knuckle sandwich! lol

I'm two weeks post op and supposed to be able to eat mush. That has not been going well at all. I ground up some chicken and after the first bite started throwing up watery type substance... not the actual food. It's been and hour now and I am still extremely uncomfortable. I think my problem is, I am thinking with my old brain. I must concentrate on how to work with my new tummy... make friends with it and work with it rather than fight it mentally. There are so many things I hadn't thought of and maybe that's because we can't know how it's going to be until we get there. Now that I am here, I am determined to make it work. Walking as soon as you possibly can will help you immensely. At first I could only walk for 10 minutes, and then once around the track very slowly with several rests. I felt bad for my husband because he is alot fitter than I am so it was a crawl for him but after 2 weeks of getting out every day I can do once around the track, no stopping. I'm averaging between 4k to 5k on the fitbit.

I suffer from severe depression and have had some very low points, but here again, getting out of the house and walking for 10-20 minutes will help. This is a marathon, but with training we can do it.

All the best to you and you got this!

6 hours ago, endzone said:

Thank you! And same to you!!! Keep in touch!

Will do, thank you!

3 hours ago, Christina Phillips said:

I had the Gastric Bypass June 14th. I had a really rough time, still am a little...but still glad I got to get it done! How's everyone else doing? :)

I'm sorry to hear you're still struggling a little. I hope your recovery continues speedily & that you feel better shortly. I had my bypass 2 days ago & am feeling pretty good, just a little sore & very tired from not sleeping at the hospital. Please just keep taking good care of yourself & resting as much as possible. And keep hydrated above all. Let us know how you're doing when you're up to it. You're in my thoughts & prayers for full healing & a wonderful, healthy, transformative year.🤗

Thank you so much! Does anyone else have like 2 incisions that are wayyy more painful than the rest? Two of mine hurt real bad when I stand up and move alot. I'm trying to get my walking in but I literally have to hold my stomach with my hands real tight in order to not hurt bc it literally feels like my muscles are just tearing apart! I can't even get into my own bed still. I'm basically living in my livingroom on my recliner. I want to sleep in my bed on my side so bad but I tried the other day and omg I thought I was gonna die trying to get up! My dr said that I just basically pulled my muscles in my stomach and that I will eventually be ok lol. Also, he told me how I should be losing 3 lbs a week at this point. I sure hope so lol bc I've only lost 12 lbs so far so I hope I keep losing🙏🤞 And my dr said how he wants me to be walking 10miles I almost fell of the table lol 😆 but I know I know it's a lifestyle change so I gotta just stay positive and try n try n try bc I gotta get healthy so I can get back to work! I will be praying for everyone on here for a quick recovery!

4 minutes ago, Christina Phillips said:

Thank you so much! Does anyone else have like 2 incisions that are wayyy more painful than the rest? Two of mine hurt real bad when I stand up and move alot. I'm trying to get my walking in but I literally have to hold my stomach with my hands real tight in order to not hurt bc it literally feels like my muscles are just tearing apart! I can't even get into my own bed still. I'm basically living in my livingroom on my recliner. I want to sleep in my bed on my side so bad but I tried the other day and omg I thought I was gonna die trying to get up! My dr said that I just basically pulled my muscles in my stomach and that I will eventually be ok lol. Also, he told me how I should be losing 3 lbs a week at this point. I sure hope so lol bc I've only lost 12 lbs so far so I hope I keep losing🙏🤞 And my dr said how he wants me to be walking 10miles I almost fell of the table lol 😆 but I know I know it's a lifestyle change so I gotta just stay positive and try n try n try bc I gotta get healthy so I can get back to work! I will be praying for everyone on here for a quick recovery!

Yes 2 of mine are the same. I finally slepted in my bed a week after surgery. I'm 2 weeks out still sore especially when I drive.

Oh wow I can barely walk let alone drive. I am 2 and a half weeks out and still can't get in my bed! Glad you are able to drive and stuff though. I guess the reason why two of my incisions hurt more than the others is bc they used larger rods in those ones. Also bc I guess they had to stich up the muscles and stuff they said. Idk I don't get it lol I just know I feel like my muscles are like tearing when I move certain ways:( hopefully it will get better though..

I’m 3 weeks out and still have an incision that hurts and feels like tearing! The absolute worst pain was sneezing during the first 2 weeks lol!
It definitely gets better around week 3, but move the wrong way and it reminds you it’s still there!
I pretty much do everything I did pre-op at this point.. sleep in my bed, clean the house, walk 2-3mi per day up hill mostly. I just don’t lift over 10lbs.

Hi

Had my sleeve done on 21st.

Been big ups and downs, can finally drink without problems but feeling full straight away when eating not even getting a tablespoon down before feeling it, also not getting near enough Protein, only having one drink at night taking 2-3 hours to finish it. In quite a bit of pain atm but not quite at week 2 post op so hopefully will get better down the line🤞

Hi mine was June 23 everything went great down 10 pounds and I’m 9 days post op

Had mine the 28th