Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just got back from my one-week post-op visit. I don't have to crush my pills any more, which is a great relief. Nothing can ruin a spoonful of yogurt like a small pile of powdered medicine.

I can also go from the full-liquid diet to the puree diet. When I told him I didn't feel that excited about puréed meat, he said I could try some light, soft fish that I don't have to chew much. Or tuna.

Forgot to ask when I should start the Vitamins, but I think it's pretty soon. I sent a message on their web portal.

Had my surgery yesterday.

My BP got really low during the procedure. So got put on bed rest only meaning I couldn’t get up to walk for the gas pain.

But that’s pretty much it.

Hope to be able to get some walking in today so I can go home this afternoon

17 minutes ago, justShell said:

Had my surgery yesterday.

My BP got really low during the procedure. So got put on bed rest only meaning I couldn’t get up to walk for the gas pain.

But that’s pretty much it.

Hope to be able to get some walking in today so I can go home this afternoon

Fingers crossed!

22 hours ago, SunnyinSC said:

So exciting! I should be getting a call tomorrow to confirm admission time. Did my surgery payment with the pre-op appointment. Surgery is less than a week away. It hasn't set in yet for me though. Like, I'm aware surgery is coming up, but it hasn't actually "clicked". I have a feeling I'm gonna be one of the ones that has a good cry on the way to surgery the day of.

Yes I think it finally clicked for me today, and I felt absolutely terrified and alone. Had to pull myself together and distract myself a bit.. starting 10 day milk diet tomorrow. Pray for me haha

21 hours ago, spatty said:

Two weeks away for me. Started the LSD today. I have my pre-op appointment with the surgeon next Thursday and I do believe just like you I will be tearing up like you from many emotions. Can't wait.

I've had a wobble today.. been down a deep YouTube rabbit hole. Need to get back into the excited place I was last week!

37 minutes ago, Shrink&Grow said:

I've had a wobble today.. been down a deep YouTube rabbit hole. Need to get back into the excited place I was last week!

You got this! No reason to be nervous. Everything will go fine, and you'll have a new tool for losing weight.

Edited by Dave In Houston

I’m counting down the days…36 left to be exact. Ready to get it over with and begin the newness of it all.. which scares me of taking care of myself better and not knowing what to expect afterwards. Knowing people have gone before me helps out a lot and knowing people have not regret it also helps! 

My day is the 8th. This has been a long journey. I was scheduled in December but got covid. Then I scheduled it for February but my sub canceled 2 days before. Third times a charm! I’m finally getting the surgery. So excited!

I am having a revision from sleeve to bypass June 14th. I started my pre-op diet Sunday and it's not too bad. I'm starting to get nervous though. Not looking forward to having to do this all over AGAIN.. I had my sleeve done in Oct 2017, and it hasn't been a fun ride since. I hope this time it turns out better. I am ready to get it over with 🤨😬.. . Wish everyone luck and a speedy recovery..

Edited by nikki19rl

For those who have already had surgery, any suggestions for what to bring to the hospital? Things to get ready for the return home?

7 hours ago, Shrink&Grow said:

Oh no! I do the same thing and get in my own head sometimes. YouTube videos don't have to be bad, maybe try and focus on some positive success stories. I also go browsing through before and after photos, and the success stories portion of the forum. Hope you get out of the rabbit hole soon!