Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone I had my sleeve done June of last year and I afraid that I have failed to loss this weight because of my disability. My starting weight was 320 pounds and now my weight 283.4 . I walk everyday as much as I can but my doctor wants me to do more walking but my feet won't allow me to walk long periods of time and I can't afford a gym membership so I feel stuck and upset any suggestions please I have 3 months to get down to 200 pounds my doctor said.IMG_20210417_080031.jpg

Sent from my BE2015 using BariatricPal mobile app

Well, you can't exercise away bad food choices, so make sure you're eating what you're supposed to first off. Exercise is so hard for me, too! I hate it so much, but It's getting easier as I lose weight. There are so many free YouTube videos of lots of different types of exercises available. Yesterday I did a 15 minute dance workout and my muscles are sore in a good way today. It sort of depends on what your disability is, what limitations you have on movement. But you can do isometric (body-weight) exercises (search on YouTube for that) or walking videos like Leslie Sansone. You can even get exercise videos from the library, but I think there's so much on YouTube and that's easy. I hope you find something that works for you!

Well, you can't exercise away bad food choices, so make sure you're eating what you're supposed to first off. Exercise is so hard for me, too! I hate it so much, but It's getting easier as I lose weight. There are so many free YouTube videos of lots of different types of exercises available. Yesterday I did a 15 minute dance workout and my muscles are sore in a good way today. It sort of depends on what your disability is, what limitations you have on movement. But you can do isometric (body-weight) exercises (search on YouTube for that) or walking videos like Leslie Sansone. You can even get exercise videos from the library, but I think there's so much on YouTube and that's easy. I hope you find something that works for you!

Thanks my disability is I have severe flat feet I and they need to be broken and operated on

Look for online exercise programs for people with mobility issues you can do at home. You don’t have to walk to exercise nor do you need a gym membership. Buy some resistance bands to help build your strength.

I’m not an exerciser at all. Never been in a gym in my life. I walked on my treadmill only for a couple of months after surgery & I was able to lose weight & to maintain so far. (I do try to be more active in my general everyday life.)

I keep my calories low to compensate for my lower activity rate. Are you tracking what you’re eating,: portion size & calories? Also, check the nutrition panels to see how much fat, sugar, carbs, salt the food you’re eating has - you may be surprised. Same with comparing the recommended portion size with the portion size you are actually eating. If you’re struggling to lose, your calorie intake must be about equal to the calories your body is burning. To lose weight your calorie intake must be less than your body is using.

Contact your dietician/nutritionalist to help you. If you haven’t got one, ask your surgical team to recommend one with experience with bariatric patients.

16 hours ago, Rakeya40 said:

Hello everyone I had my sleeve done June of last year and I afraid that I have failed to loss this weight because of my disability. My starting weight was 320 pounds and now my weight 283.4 . I walk everyday as much as I can but my doctor wants me to do more walking but my feet won't allow me to walk long periods of time and I can't afford a gym membership so I feel stuck and upset any suggestions please I have 3 months to get down to 200 pounds my doctor said.IMG_20210417_080031.jpg

How many calories/carbs do you take in? What foods do you eat?( Walk in increments example morning 10mins, Afternoon 10mins, evening 10mins) Watching tv in a chair get ankle weights and do leg lifts. Many things you can do just keep moving it helps burn calories, but remember what we put in our bodies determines a lot.

Some people just have bad luck. My wife is unable to lose any weight. I don’t know her starting weight (7 years together and she’s never told me and I’m not dumb enough to guess). She had her sleeve in July and has lost maybe ten pounds. It’s heartbreaking to watch her (and you) go through it. She’s eating on plan, even less usually. She dieted and had a personal trainer prior to surgery and lost nothing then as well. She’s been to multiple doctors to try and figure out what’s wrong. Other than pretty serious anemia (she’s had maybe 10 Iron transfusions so far) they can’t find anything. One doctor told her if there were ever a global famine she would just be one of the people to survive (gee thanks). So I guess what I’m saying is it can happen, even if you do everything you should. As far as not being able to walk, there are things you can do while sitting to get your heart rate up. If there is a public pool near you that would be another option. Check for local YWCA locations or other similar places, they’ll often have low or no cost options as well. Church groups are also a possibility. No matter what though don’t give up, keep trying, keep doing whatever you can. You are losing weight so that’s a great thing, even if it’s not the pace you were hoping for. Every pound down is one less pound your feet have to support and one pound closer to your goal.